Author Topic: SNOW!!! v. ARRRRRGGGG!!!  (Read 37837 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
Re: SNOW!!! v. ARRRRRGGGG!!!
« Reply #525 on: January 05, 2018, 09:26:32 AM »
I think I'm finally biting the bullet and buying a snow blower.   I was always the guy that said "fuck that, I'm young and healthy, a little shoveling never hurt nobody!".   But now I'm old, not so healthy, and yes, it does hurt some people, including me!

Thankfully it was light and fluffy, but between blowing and plows and what not, there was two and a half feet of snow at the end of my driveway, and it took every bit of two hours to do the last five, six feet.  Fuck that noise.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #526 on: January 05, 2018, 10:02:31 AM »
When I moved into the house I live in 16 years ago, I made that investment.  With 180 of sidewalk (we have a corner lot), there was no way in shit I was doing all of that.  Some years, it's the best money I ever spent; some years, I don't even refill the gas tank.  Usually, there's more of the former.  Plus, when the street plow comes around the corner, I usually get a shit-ton left at the bottom of the driveway.

Like snow-tires, I don't think I'd ever live without a snow-blower as a home owner.
I didn't know I could handle another 10 inches and it was rough but in the end I'm glad I did it.
warflwwcesfw.
That's meme-speak for "We are really f*****g lazy when we can't eve say full words".

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #527 on: January 05, 2018, 10:49:24 AM »
My left tire has a slow leak that pulls it to the left it I don't pay attention to it.

It could also be corrosion on the actual wheels, leading to a bad seal on the tire.  I have a few of those on two cars.  Tire shops charge about $25 to re-seal the tire (and may even grind off some of the rust to help the seal).  It lasts for a few months, then the leak comes back.  In the summer, it's not a big deal and I just put air in the tires at home with my compressor.  But in the winter, the colder temperatures help reduce the air pressure significantly and more quickly.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #528 on: January 05, 2018, 12:30:17 PM »
I think I'm finally biting the bullet and buying a snow blower.   I was always the guy that said "fuck that, I'm young and healthy, a little shoveling never hurt nobody!".   But now I'm old, not so healthy, and yes, it does hurt some people, including me!

Thankfully it was light and fluffy, but between blowing and plows and what not, there was two and a half feet of snow at the end of my driveway, and it took every bit of two hours to do the last five, six feet.  Fuck that noise.

Yea, I'm slowly moving that direction as well.  I keep telling myself this forces me to get a good workout... but I've been sick and luckily my brother was home yesterday to help shovel with me, but if I was stuck alone, I would have really struggled with that.  I found a cheap small one online that someone shared with me at work.  My driveway isn't big so I've never felt the need, but yesterday was rough and has me thinking about it now.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Head Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • First Follower
    • Lady Obscure Music Magazine
« Reply #529 on: January 06, 2018, 01:46:17 AM »
*obligatory 57 degree post*
Quote from: nightmare_cinema
So should lonestar and I have babies or something now, is that how this works?
Dang, you're easily the coolest fogey I know of

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #530 on: January 06, 2018, 06:36:38 AM »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #531 on: January 06, 2018, 09:25:09 AM »

Yeah, Cali's climate change only affects air quality, not temperature.  How's the smog down there these days?
I didn't know I could handle another 10 inches and it was rough but in the end I'm glad I did it.
warflwwcesfw.
That's meme-speak for "We are really f*****g lazy when we can't eve say full words".

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #532 on: January 06, 2018, 09:32:23 AM »

Used to have the sentiment and I said the same thing on Thursday! At 53 this shit ain't fun anymore.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Head Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • First Follower
    • Lady Obscure Music Magazine
« Reply #533 on: January 06, 2018, 06:20:33 PM »

Yeah, Cali's climate change only affects air quality, not temperature.  How's the smog down there these days?

Looking pretty good today (AQI is around 30 here), rains cleared stuff up nicely.
Quote from: nightmare_cinema
So should lonestar and I have babies or something now, is that how this works?
Dang, you're easily the coolest fogey I know of

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2018
« Reply #534 on: January 06, 2018, 08:38:22 PM »
It hasn't been snowy at all really so far in Minnesota. We had rain last month and the next day it snowed out, so the roads were a thick sheet of ice--driving was horrible that day. Other than that, it's just been small 4-5 inch snows one day and 1-3 inches other days, nothing dramatic. It's just been cold. Last week when I went to work in the morning, it was -32 F and warmed up to -5 later in the day. This morning I wasn't expecting -19, but thank God it wasn't windy. Really, the cold doesn't bother me at all, it just sucks when the cold freezes the wires in my truck for the speakers and I have to drive in silence. Oh well...
"Keep your stick on the ice. I'm pulling for ya. Remember we're all in this together."
-Red Green