Author Topic: New Interview with JP  (Read 2649 times)

Offline CharlesPL

New Interview with JP
« on: September 21, 2017, 12:30:30 PM »

Offline mikeyd23

Re: New Interview with JP
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 12:47:36 PM »
Good interview, nothing too noteworthy I don't think but enjoyable as usual.

Big picture - after they finish the NA I&W tour, they will break for the holidays, then JP is doing the G3 tour in the beginning of 2018, then DT will head into the studio later in 2018.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 12:50:24 PM »
Looks like they're slowing down the pace with the album releases, every 3 years, but that's fine by me... they have more time to write the music and think about the direction! (Even though they say they have already an idea in mind)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 01:01:09 PM »
And he still doesn't have inmediate plans to record his 2nd solo album  :lol :'(
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 01:03:06 PM »
And he still doesn't have inmediate plans to record his 2nd solo album  :lol :'(

That was the only bummer in that interview, I was thinking the new G3 tour would push him to get it out, but I guess not  :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 01:22:29 PM »
They're killing me with this album schedule.  Don't they realize that the primary purpose of DT is to drive traffic to this site?  How is that supposed to happen when there is nothing to talk about?  You're killin' me, John!  KILLIN' ME!
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 01:29:04 PM »
Well, Sons of Apollo is bound to generate ten times the heat of their band members' previous projects, and with one of the band members' forum shutting down, this one will attract all the conversation, so you're covered  :hat
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 01:48:14 PM »
Yeah.... they have launched a missile and it's coming right on your forum

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 03:01:18 PM »
Always enjoy JP interviews.  Good stuff!!  Thanks.  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline bill1971

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 03:03:37 PM »
They're killing me with this album schedule.  Don't they realize that the primary purpose of DT is to drive traffic to this site?  How is that supposed to happen when there is nothing to talk about?  You're killin' me, John!  KILLIN' ME!

Don't worry Derek's tweets alone will keep traffic coming in. :)

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 01:07:50 AM »
Great Interview, in Melbourne (my home town too) Looking forward to G3 in Philly now!  :)

Offline Lethean

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 10:47:50 AM »
The Nomac guitar not only deserves its own seat on the plane - it should be in the cockpit. :)

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 10:06:08 PM »
Oh noooo,  Rocket Man!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 10:12:48 PM »
Oh noooo,  Rocket Man!

Sons of Rocket Man

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 11:38:25 PM »
Last week I joined a Blink-182 fans' forum (because I'm a fan of them as well). It's much, much more boring there! And they have released new music recently. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rasfwYWPGms
Cool interview, thanks! I liked the bit where he talks about acoustic guitars.

That got me thinking... I went to a show last year and, besides being the first time I saw them with Mangini, it might have also been the first time I heard John play acoustic guitar live. My other DT show was in 2008, and we got:
  • from Systematic chaos: "Constant motion", "The dark eternal night" & "The ministry of lost souls".
  • from other recent albums: "Blind faith" (a favourite of mine :heart), "As I am", "I walk beside you" & "Panic attack".
  • from the '90s: "Surrounded" & "Lines in the sand".
  • as an encore: the (sch)medley.
The only one of those that I think may have featured an acoustic guitar is "The ministry...". I don't remember at all (not even from the DVD), so could you help me out? Thanks!

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 10:39:37 AM »
^ Yeah one of the aspects of TA show that I loved was getting to see JP play 6 and 12 string acoustic on stage.

Offline Cable

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 08:10:34 PM »
^ Yeah one of the aspects of TA show that I loved was getting to see JP play 6 and 12 string acoustic on stage.

It was one my positive takeaways from the TA show- album is just not my thing currently. :-\

Since I have seen DT live (6DOIT to current), he always had his Piezo equipped models. And while I hugely respect and would consider doing the same if I was him, it was cool indeed. I wonder the status of the double neck though...
---