Author Topic: DT collection  (Read 89608 times)

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
Re: DT collection
« Reply #245 on: May 19, 2015, 03:20:44 PM »
Nice!  Quite a few rarities there....

Offline ProgressiveIce

« Reply #246 on: May 20, 2015, 10:33:57 AM »
Sigh, that damn clear vinyl ADTOE. One day.....

Nice collection indeed!

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #247 on: June 05, 2015, 06:35:00 PM »
Sigh, that damn clear vinyl ADTOE. One day.....

Is that really all that rare or expensive?  Or both?

Offline ProgressiveIce

« Reply #248 on: June 06, 2015, 05:43:02 AM »
Both. 200 copes were pressed. Back in late 2011/early 2012, a number of copies was sold on eBay for around $75. The last copy to surface was sold for $455 in August 2013...

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #249 on: June 09, 2015, 04:26:50 PM »
Both. 200 copes were pressed. Back in late 2011/early 2012, a number of copies was sold on eBay for around $75. The last copy to surface was sold for $455 in August 2013...

Wow.
 Nothing screams intentionally created collectible like that does.

Offline Franz

« Reply #250 on: November 26, 2016, 11:14:25 AM »
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 04:03:27 PM by Franz »

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #251 on: November 26, 2016, 02:22:03 PM »
I am selling my copy of ADTOE box set, I only opened to confirm everything was there other than that nothing has been USED ever. If you are interested send me a private message and I will send you pictures and we can work something out.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #252 on: November 26, 2016, 08:55:52 PM »
Here is my collection :

https://ymfr.free.fr

I've been through your site...many times...when I was alone at night...it's GLORIOUS.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #253 on: December 29, 2016, 04:34:20 PM »
Here is my collection :

https://ymfr.free.fr

I've been through your site...many times...when I was alone at night...it's GLORIOUS.
it's a great reference site.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #254 on: December 30, 2016, 12:56:18 AM »
The Funky Gibbons had a great site up with his collection. Plenty of data there to use as reference as well. I think he sold a lot of his stuff though.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #255 on: December 30, 2016, 11:46:56 AM »
The Funky Gibbons had a great site up with his collection. Plenty of data there to use as reference as well. I think he sold a lot of his stuff though.
Boy, there's a name I haven't seen in a long time.

The majority of my collection stems from the concert December 5th lol.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #256 on: December 30, 2016, 05:29:35 PM »
I haven't seen him since I stopped going to MP's forum regularly.

What did you get? T-shirt?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #257 on: December 30, 2016, 05:34:36 PM »
Boy, there's a name I haven't seen in a long time.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bunceman

« Reply #258 on: December 31, 2016, 05:46:50 PM »
upload an image

Nothing particularly rare at the moment but I love my collection of DT vinyl.  Photo missing 2016 clear FII.

Offline red barchetta

• don't worry, I'm being watched lol
« Reply #259 on: December 31, 2016, 07:40:13 PM »
Very impressive. A real collector.
With all respect, sincerely yours

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
  • Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!
« Reply #260 on: December 31, 2016, 10:50:13 PM »

He did.  I bought a bunch of it :).

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #261 on: January 01, 2017, 09:17:44 AM »

He did.  I bought a bunch of it :).

I was low on finances at the time or else I would have joined you. I still buy some collectibles from time to time.

upload an image

Nothing particularly rare at the moment but I love my collection of DT vinyl.  Photo missing 2016 clear FII.

That's really nice.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #262 on: January 07, 2017, 05:59:04 PM »

I think so too.  Sold him a few things myself. One of them was an impossibly rare sealed Another Day cassette single and another was a Gigantour promo CD. May have been a few others can't remember.

At the moment, I'm considering selling my watermarked CD advanced promo of Live at Budokan

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #263 on: January 07, 2017, 06:00:21 PM »
upload an image

Nice!

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #264 on: January 09, 2017, 07:29:12 AM »
I have a pretty significant collection of cool DT stuff I think....Some of my faves are my MP signed purple hotstick , MM signed Zildjian stick, MP long white wristband , Many tour backstage laminate's , quite a few signed by MP , MP signed SFAM movie poster , a stainless steel Majesty logo that hangs from my car mirror...Showed it to MP once and he loved it, asked where I got it , and said "Great place to put it, on "The Mirror" !
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #265 on: January 09, 2017, 02:57:55 PM »

I think so too.  Sold him a few things myself. One of them was an impossibly rare sealed Another Day cassette single and another was a Gigantour promo CD. May have been a few others can't remember.

At the moment, I'm considering selling my watermarked CD advanced promo of Live at Budokan

How much?

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
  • Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!
« Reply #266 on: January 11, 2017, 01:08:06 PM »
I've got a ton of stuff I'm eventually planning on selling... just gotta get around to sifting through it all....

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #267 on: January 13, 2017, 04:07:02 PM »

How much?

I'll PM you.

Here's the version I have but I have the original jewel boxes and backliners too.

This is the only one other than the one I have that I've ever seen though I'd imagine Chris has one of these too.

https://ymfr.free.fr/index.php?title=Live_At_Budokan_%28Promo_CD_2%29

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #268 on: January 13, 2017, 04:36:48 PM »
I'll check my PMs.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #269 on: May 08, 2017, 12:14:25 PM »
I bought this a few days. It just arrived. Something seems soooooo different about this. Hmmmmm

Offline ProgressiveIce

« Reply #270 on: May 08, 2017, 01:35:29 PM »
Where was your copy manufactured exactly? There should be a "Printed in X" line on the rear inlay and a "Made in X" on the disc.
I'm asking because I have some suspicions that my copy might be a mixture of two releases which was never officially distributed like this.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #271 on: May 08, 2017, 02:03:44 PM »
According to the Discogs site it's from Germany. According to the back insert, it says Printed in Germany. The disc says Made in Germany.

There's also another misprint edition which, according to Discogs, is made in France.

Offline ProgressiveIce

« Reply #272 on: May 08, 2017, 02:42:49 PM »
Yes, that's the one I have (and submitted to Discogs): printed in Germany but disc pressed in France. I realised I never clarified that in the description though, only in the comments on the history page. I should probably fix that.
I've been watching eBay listings of the misprint for a while now, and every copy I've seen was printed and pressed in Germany. Hence my suspicion that my copy might be a mixture of the German misprint and a French disc.

By the way, I've heard that there's also a Korean pressing which has the same wrong colours. I have yet to see a copy of that anywhere though.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #273 on: May 08, 2017, 02:56:55 PM »
Looking through that site, I've noticed there are a lot of odd versions of things. It's intriguing.

As far as other misprints, the site doesn't list them. I'm sure just Mike Portnoy has that Korean version. :lol  What I was hoping to find there was the version that has Majesty printed on the front. That's really rare though. I'm also waiting for the price of the Tears single to drop, along with the Fan Club CDs. Then there are the limited pressings of their recent vinyl releases.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 03:05:05 PM by Prog Snob »

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #274 on: May 08, 2017, 03:24:49 PM »
I just added you to my friend's list on the Discogs website. I noticed someone has a cassette Majesty demo for over $10,000. Damn...

Offline bunceman

« Reply #275 on: May 08, 2017, 08:37:58 PM »

Finally got all the colored MOV as well as the ETR pressings!  The only thing I'm missing is that clear ADTOE but I just have to forget about that one.  One copy on Discogs for $400.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 12:09:44 AM by bunceman »

Offline ProgressiveIce

« Reply #276 on: May 09, 2017, 03:21:08 AM »
@Prog Snob: Interestingly enough, I didn't get any notification about that.  What's your username? (Or send me a PM here or on Discogs if you don't want it public.)
You mean this one? Yeah, I'd love to get my hands on an original of that (I have a copy). There was one on eBay for several years; I think it sold for $800, but not entirely sure. I also remember some discussion about that tape here in the forums.

@bunceman: Nice collection.
Yeah, clear ADTOE is unfortunately impossible to find for a reasonable price.
But you're missing the real gems: the test pressings of the ETR releases. :-)
Writing this reminds me of the ADTOE test pressing which was sold on eBay a few years ago. I wish I could've bought it (well above my budget at the time).

By the way, there's another interesting release for sale on eBay right now, ending in two hours: the Korean cassette release of LSFNY with the original "burning apple" artwork.

Offline bunceman

« Reply #277 on: May 09, 2017, 10:46:43 PM »
@ProggresiveIce
I've never been too into test pressings although it would be nice to have a complete collection they just sell for so much money I don't think I could bring myself to spend that much on a test press.  I paid more for the brookvale swirl I&W than I have on any record ever.  These days the prices are unbelievable.  There's a cover only of I&W test pressing on eBay for $300.  $300 for just a cover!

I've come to terms I just have to forget about ADTOE and hope for some color repress of Octavarium onward.

Offline ProgressiveIce

« Reply #278 on: May 10, 2017, 03:30:43 AM »
Yeah, the TPs are incredibly expensive nowadays. I was lucky enough to get them directly from ETR back then. That said, the most recent TP sales on eBay (Awake and FII) were less than $100. I've seen that cover sale as well, but I honestly doubt anyone will buy it for that price.
Don't have too high hopes of anything happening regarding Octavarium. Note that there was no MOV release of that album at all; the black record from a few years ago was directly by Atlantic.
I'd love to see vinyl releases of ACOS and LSFNY. I don't see those happen anytime soon either though.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #279 on: May 13, 2017, 04:27:14 PM »
I bought this a few days. It just arrived. Something seems soooooo different about this. Hmmmmm

When Images and Words broke, When Dream And Day Unite was already long out of print in the US so these "green cover" versions were bring imported from France to satisfy demand. That (and in Japan) were the only places you could get it until 1995 or 1996 when One Way reissued it. There have been a few reissues since then.