Author Topic: DT collection  (Read 89593 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: DT collection
« Reply #280 on: May 13, 2017, 08:34:23 PM »
I bought this a few days. It just arrived. Something seems soooooo different about this. Hmmmmm

When Images and Words broke, When Dream And Day Unite was already long out of print in the US so these "green cover" versions were bring imported from France to satisfy demand. That (and in Japan) were the only places you could get it until 1995 or 1996 when One Way reissued it. There have been a few reissues since then.

Isn't there a super rare version with Majesty on the cover or was I just dreaming?
@ProggresiveIce
I've never been too into test pressings although it would be nice to have a complete collection they just sell for so much money I don't think I could bring myself to spend that much on a test press.  I paid more for the brookvale swirl I&W than I have on any record ever.  These days the prices are unbelievable.  There's a cover only of I&W test pressing on eBay for $300.  $300 for just a cover!

I've come to terms I just have to forget about ADTOE and hope for some color repress of Octavarium onward.

That's a nice vinyl collection. I also purchased that I & W swirl right out of the gate. I needed to have that! :lol  I'll eventually get all of the DT releases on vinyl.

@Prog Snob: Interestingly enough, I didn't get any notification about that.  What's your username? (Or send me a PM here or on Discogs if you don't want it public.)
You mean this one? Yeah, I'd love to get my hands on an original of that (I have a copy). There was one on eBay for several years; I think it sold for $800, but not entirely sure. I also remember some discussion about that tape here in the forums.

My username there is progsnobdt. Obvious much?  ;)   I wonder if any of our forum members have the original.

Offline ProgressiveIce

« Reply #281 on: May 14, 2017, 08:30:22 AM »
When Images and Words broke, When Dream And Day Unite was already long out of print in the US so these "green cover" versions were bring imported from France to satisfy demand. That (and in Japan) were the only places you could get it until 1995 or 1996 when One Way reissued it. There have been a few reissues since then.

Interesting. Note though that this is still (most likely) a misprint; the normal French pressing has the correct colours.

My username there is progsnobdt. Obvious much?  ;)   I wonder if any of our forum members have the original.

Cheers, added.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #282 on: May 28, 2017, 07:04:22 PM »
I bought this a few days. It just arrived. Something seems soooooo different about this. Hmmmmm

Isn't there a super rare version with Majesty on the cover or was I just dreaming?
@ProggresiveIce
I've never been too into test pressings although it would be nice to have a complete collection they just sell for so much money I don't think I could bring myself to spend that much on a test press.  I paid more for the brookvale swirl I&W than I have on any record ever.  These days the prices are unbelievable.  There's a cover only of I&W test pressing on eBay for $300.  $300 for just a cover!

I've come to terms I just have to forget about ADTOE and hope for some color repress of Octavarium onward.

That's a nice vinyl collection. I also purchased that I & W swirl right out of the gate. I needed to have that! :lol  I'll eventually get all of the DT releases on vinyl.

@Prog Snob: Interestingly enough, I didn't get any notification about that.  What's your username? (Or send me a PM here or on Discogs if you don't want it public.)
You mean this one? Yeah, I'd love to get my hands on an original of that (I have a copy). There was one on eBay for several years; I think it sold for $800, but not entirely sure. I also remember some discussion about that tape here in the forums.

Just have the original 1986 demo cassette, not the instrumental demo.  Don't think I've even seen one of those.

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #283 on: October 22, 2017, 09:41:17 AM »
Hi, guys

Does anyone know why it was so cheap? I thought this edition was very rare nowadays (even more a sealed copy!)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DREAM-THEATER-Lifting-Shadows-Images-amp-Words-Limited-Edition-NEW-RARE-SEALED-/162707088106

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #284 on: October 22, 2017, 06:03:47 PM »
Hi, guys

Does anyone know why it was so cheap? I thought this edition was very rare nowadays (even more a sealed copy!)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DREAM-THEATER-Lifting-Shadows-Images-amp-Words-Limited-Edition-NEW-RARE-SEALED-/162707088106

Either someone got a steal or this book just doesn't command the price it used to when it was published.

I think I paid $75 for mine, but I pre-ordered. It sold out fairly quickly and was highly sought after for years but perhaps that's not the case anymore.

There were several updated editions after that, but none that were that special.

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
  • Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!
« Reply #285 on: October 23, 2017, 09:45:35 PM »
FYI:  Selling some old Images & Words fan club issues.  All originals:  https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=chrislund&_sop=1

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #286 on: November 11, 2017, 07:37:05 AM »
FYI:  Selling some old Images & Words fan club issues.  All originals:  https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=chrislund&_sop=1

Looks like I missed out on those press kits. Wow.

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
  • Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!
« Reply #287 on: November 13, 2017, 11:54:18 AM »
Forgot to post it here.  Will try to remember to do that with any other stuff that I put up in the future.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #288 on: August 06, 2020, 10:05:13 AM »
This is the only memorabilia thread I could find.

Anyway, I don't have a TON of cool stuff.  But I do have this ONE really cool thing, that I finally got framed.

I was fortunate enough to attend the final show of the Astonishing tour, in Durham NC.  I was also fortunate enough to be pals with a certain site admin, who hooked me and my kids up with some VIP and backstage access.

I called the venue a month or two before the show to ask if they would have any site-specific posters, as opposed to the general tour posters that are often sold at merch counters at concerts.  They said that yes, they would have a few, so they put my name down.  So what happened is that they had hatch posters made for the event - only a handful were made, and I got one for no charge.  So I picked it up at the will call window, and headed straight into the venue for the VIP event, where I had everyone in the band sign it.  All of them wondered what the hell it was, since they had never seen anything like it before.

I got to spend more time with them backstage after the show, and confirmed with almost all of them that no one else had presented them with such a thing to sign that night.  So, unless someone had another one and hung out at the bus and got them all to sign, this appears to be a one of a kind piece of memorabilia.

And since I finally got it framed, I just wanted to let everyone see it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #289 on: August 06, 2020, 11:04:16 AM »
Looks awesome, Hef!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #290 on: August 06, 2020, 12:17:30 PM »
Where's the MP signature? Obviously this is worthless because everyone knows there's no DT without MP.

That's a fantastic item to own, man.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #291 on: August 06, 2020, 01:21:53 PM »
Love JM's signature on the bottom, far from everyone else's. LOL. He wants peace and quiet, even in the poster. His sig is probably just practicing bass.

Offline Omadus

« Reply #292 on: August 06, 2020, 01:41:30 PM »
Nice....

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #293 on: August 06, 2020, 02:45:34 PM »
Mangini couldn't help but sign in the eyebrow. :lol
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #294 on: August 06, 2020, 04:16:10 PM »
I have like zero memorabilia  :lol most of the albums on CD (including a Japanese version of Awake courtesy of Marco :heart), my faves on vinyl (sadly only the MOV versions, which were panned on this forum if I recall correctly), and one Chaos In Motion pullover hoodie I got in 2010. Did they even have Chaos In Motion hoodies, or did I get a bootleg in Italy?  :corn

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #295 on: August 07, 2020, 10:05:47 AM »
Did they even have Chaos In Motion hoodies, or did I get a bootleg in Italy?  :corn
Almost positive it's a bootleg.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #296 on: August 07, 2020, 08:52:01 PM »

Anyway, I don't have a TON of cool stuff.  But I do have this ONE really cool thing, that I finally got framed.

I was fortunate enough to attend the final show of the Astonishing tour, in Durham NC.  I was also fortunate enough to be pals with a certain site admin, who hooked me and my kids up with some VIP and backstage access.

I called the venue a month or two before the show to ask if they would have any site-specific posters, as opposed to the general tour posters that are often sold at merch counters at concerts.  They said that yes, they would have a few, so they put my name down.  So what happened is that they had hatch posters made for the event - only a handful were made, and I got one for no charge.  So I picked it up at the will call window, and headed straight into the venue for the VIP event, where I had everyone in the band sign it.  All of them wondered what the hell it was, since they had never seen anything like it before.

I got to spend more time with them backstage after the show, and confirmed with almost all of them that no one else had presented them with such a thing to sign that night.  So, unless someone had another one and hung out at the bus and got them all to sign, this appears to be a one of a kind piece of memorabilia.

Nice! 

I was able to do that for the previous tour. Had to make a donation to the Count Basie Theater to get it and it sits unsigned in my closet because I can never decide what to swap out.

Offline Volante99

« Reply #297 on: August 08, 2020, 06:52:33 PM »

Nice! 

I was able to do that for the previous tour. Had to make a donation to the Count Basie Theater to get it and it sits unsigned in my closet because I can never decide what to swap out.

Daaaaang; as a concert poster collector (only of concerts I attend) that is one sweet print. I’ve yet to find anything like that for Dream Theater- I’m definitely going to call my venue next time they roll through town.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #298 on: August 10, 2020, 05:24:50 AM »
Did they even have Chaos In Motion hoodies, or did I get a bootleg in Italy?  :corn
Almost positive it's a bootleg.
:rollin this was also a few months before I'd familiarized myself with the entire discography, so I just figured it was a design related to Sys Chaos and not a DVD release.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #299 on: April 08, 2021, 09:36:11 AM »
Does anyone wants these (for free):

It's a black and white DoT vinyl (from the NYC listening party) and TA tour program. I also have a Room137 drum head I want to give away. I'm in the process of moving and there are a few things I don't want to throw out, but don't want to keep either.

I can ship it anywhere in the US or Canada. Send me a PM if interested.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline TheSoylentMan

• Nothing ever happens on Mars
« Reply #300 on: April 08, 2021, 10:31:23 AM »
pm sent...

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #301 on: April 08, 2021, 02:10:44 PM »

It's a black and white DoT vinyl (from the NYC listening party) and TA tour program. I also have a Room137 drum head I want to give away. I'm in the process of moving and there are a few things I don't want to throw out, but don't want to keep either.

Super generous! I'm interested in any that haven't been claimed :)
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #302 on: April 08, 2021, 04:17:51 PM »

If you still have those, I want them!

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #303 on: April 09, 2021, 03:12:12 PM »

If not claimed, I'd like the vinyl.
As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #304 on: April 09, 2021, 04:11:57 PM »
All 3 items were claimed, sorry!
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #305 on: April 13, 2021, 03:38:18 PM »

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #306 on: September 24, 2021, 01:09:52 PM »
Anyone parting with DT stuff (CD/DVD/Collectibles) hit me up, I am working on re-building my DT/music collection.

Offline APOLLINE3275968

« Reply #307 on: September 28, 2021, 04:16:35 PM »
wow, impressive!

Offline w_marano

• : never give up, it's such a wonderful life :
« Reply #308 on: October 04, 2021, 04:32:00 AM »
Majesty (10) - Demo

Url: https://www.discogs.com/release/5235559-Majesty-Demo

Shared from the Discogs App

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #309 on: October 16, 2021, 02:45:28 PM »
Majesty (10) - Demo

Url: https://www.discogs.com/release/5235559-Majesty-Demo

Shared from the Discogs App

Nice!  I have one  of those.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #310 on: June 29, 2023, 10:32:52 AM »
I moved to an apartment and managed to sort/store/sell a bunch of stuff.

I believe I had mentioned I had a promo hourglass from the Falling Into Infinity era. Here are some pictures.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #311 on: June 30, 2023, 08:16:08 AM »
That's beautiful goo-goo

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #312 on: June 30, 2023, 12:21:33 PM »
I moved to an apartment and managed to sort/store/sell a bunch of stuff.

I believe I had mentioned I had a promo hourglass from the Falling Into Infinity era. Here are some pictures.

I need this in my life!
As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #313 on: July 01, 2023, 09:56:34 AM »
I remember that. They stopped doing a lot of the cool promotional stuff after that album for some reason.

Online efx

« Reply #314 on: July 02, 2023, 01:33:04 PM »
Today I found the contents of an envelope given to me and the 49 other "fan chanters" by Mike Portnoy that were part of the Systematic Chaos gang vocal bit that he initiated on his old forum. This was the tail end of my decade of living in NYC which allowed me to see a ton of cool DT and sideprojects related stuff in person. But this was such a highlight. Getting to be part (albeit a really really tiny one) still feels surreal 16 years later.

We weren't allowed to peek inside the envelope until we got in so it was pretty exciting. Again, not much of a collection thing perhaps but I thought it was worth a share :)