Author Topic: Long Distance Calling  (Read 1495 times)

Offline SoundscapeMN

Long Distance Calling
« on: October 29, 2010, 04:55:39 PM »
Well I can't find a dedicated topic about this band specifically, but there have been a handful of posts about them since last year.

Well they announced today, their next LP will be a Self-Titled album, and being released in Germany on February 18th (and February 21st for the rest of Europe).

https://blogs.myspace.com/longdistancecalling

So, it's certainly one to look forward to in 2011.

Avoid the Light from 2009 would be recommended listening to any  new fans.

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Long Distance Calling
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 05:01:23 PM »
Saw them live about two weeks ago (as one of the openers for Anathema). Pretty cool stuff.

Offline Darkes7

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 05:52:24 PM »
I saw them opening for Katatonia in March and was very pleasantly surprised. Very interesting music.

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 07:25:24 PM »
Avoid The Light is a top album. Looking forward to the new one
on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: Yes, that is a Scissor Sisters reference, honey
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 10:23:36 PM »
A friend turned me on to Avoid the Light over the summer, and I was blown away. February can't come quickly enough.
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 01:08:40 PM »
Self-Titled album drops February 18th (March 8th in the North America)

trailer: https://www.longdistancecalling.de/

1. Into The Black Wide Open
2. The Figrin D'an Boogie
3. Invisible Giants
4. Timebends
5. Arecibo (Long Distance Calling)
6. Middleville
7. Beyond The Void

LONG DISTANCE CALLING push the envelope even further this time out with the surprise guest appearance by Armored Saint/ex-Anthrax vocalist John Bush on “Middleville”.

However, John Bush’s guest-appearance is not the only reason that should encourage people to check out LONG DISTANCE CALLING.
In times of overproduction and compression in order to get a pumped up sound LONG DISTANCE CALLING went for the opposite and worked on an organic production that allows their music to breathe. Hence, the audiophile quintet headed to Hours Studios in Hannover where Celtic Frost, Donots, Paradise Lost, Eloy, Scorpions, Rolling Stones and many more produced some of their classic albums.
The self-titled album was recorded with Benjamin Schäfer who has worked with diverse bands such as Celtic Frost and Subway To Sally.
The result is a production that allows each instrument to unfold its unique sound and its waves to travel the air.
Instead of just cutting your eardrums it’s a 3d sound that surrounds you like a cozy cocoon.

After supporting bands such as Opeth, Katatonia, Dredg, labelmates And You Will Know Us By Trail Of Dead, Anathema, Coheed And Cambria, and Deftones they will finally play their own club shows again in order to give people the full audio-visual experience of “Long Distance Calling”:

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 10:13:41 AM »
bump.

new interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHy4AhLMeIc

Cool video of 2 of the guys record shopping
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5jncAUwZH4

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 11:02:38 AM »
Anyone willing to interview their bassist tomorrow?
If available send me a message here or to my phone:
+51925262900 (iMessage or Whatsapp ONLY)

Theseare the slots:

Jan (bass)
Friday Jan 26th
18:00 CET –
18:30 CET –
19:00 CET –
19:30 CET –
20:00 CET –
20:30 CET –

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 11:05:47 AM »
Anyone willing to interview their bassist tomorrow?
If available send me a message here or to my phone:
+51925262900 (iMessage or Whatsapp ONLY)

Theseare the slots:

Jan (bass)
Friday Jan 26th
18:00 CET –
18:30 CET –
19:00 CET –
19:30 CET –
20:00 CET –
20:30 CET –

If someone wants to do it, I will give you access to their upcoming release

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 04:48:28 PM »
Nobody?

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2019, 07:03:04 AM »
German instrumental-rock group LONG DISTANCE CALLING are pleased to announce their first ever live album ‘STUMMFILM – Live from Hamburg (A Seats & Sounds Show)’, scheduled for release on November 1st, 2019 through InsideOutMusic. Filmed during a special run of dates in early 2019, it saw the band performing seated shows in some very special locations for a stunning experience.

The band comments: “We are happy to unveil our first ever live album ‘STUMMFILM – Live From Hamburg’ which we recorded on the ‘Seats & Sounds’ tour earlier this year. After more than ten years on the road, we felt it’s more than about time to do a proper live album. We are very satisfied with the result, a lot of atmosphere, energy as well as some nice surprises have been captured at Kulturkirche Altona in Hamburg. We can’t wait to share this beautiful experience with you! Love LDC”

To celebrate the announcement, the band have launched a live clip of the track ‘Black Paper Planes’, and you can watch that now here: https://youtu.be/sFAf3ugFeGI

STUMMFILM – Live from Hamburg (A Seats & Sounds Show)’ will be available as a limited edition Blu-Ray + 2CD, Gatefold 3LP Vinyl & as digital audio download.
Pre-order now here: https://LongDistanceCalling.lnk.to/STUMMFILM-LiveFromHamburg

The full track-listing is as follows:

1. Into The Black Wide Open
2. The Very Last Day
3. In The Clouds
4. Like A River
5. On The Verge
6. Interlude
7. Out There
8. Apparitions
9. Black Paper Planes
10. 359°
11. I Know You, Stanley Milgram!
12. Sundown Highway
13. Flux
14. Metulsky Curse Revisited

For 13 years now, the Münster-based four-piece Long Distance Calling has been famed and cherished for its weightless yet massive music. After having returned to their instrumental roots Long Distance Calling sat down to carefully ponder their next step. When they got up again, they were ready for their most extraordinary live undertaking yet: Aptly entitled “Seats & Sounds”, this string of concerts saw Long Distance Calling take to the stage in very special locations in front on a seated audience.

The band took the matter almost religiously and went to great lengths in pulling off their most daring effort. “We wanted to go one step further, highlighting the audio-visual quality of the band for the very first time”, the band states, referring to the phalanx of video screens and specially curated visuals corresponding to each song.

One of those rare performances, the one at the Kulturkirche Altona in Hamburg, was captured on film and tape and is now being released. More an elegant silent film (visually speaking) than an ordinary live video, Long Distance Calling deliver a stunning performance in two acts: A “normal” Long Distance Calling set with songs from all their albums, and a special ‘Avoid the Light’ set, performing the dramatic album almost in its entirety. “This is one of the most important releases of our entire career”, the band continues, “and playing it felt like time travel.”

Meticulously prepared and rehearsed, this is Long Distance Calling on another level. Backed by guest musicians Luca Gilles on cello and Aaron Schrade on percussion and electronic beats, the experimental rock veterans show their grandeur in cinemascope – elaborately filmed and monumentally staged. In the end, Janosch Rathmer (drums), Jan Hoffmann (bass), Florian Füntmann (guitar) and David Jordan (guitar) not only played their biggest Hamburg headlining show; they also peaked their stellar career.

LONG DISTANCE CALLING online:
www.longdistancecalling.de/
www.facebook.com/longdistancecalling
www.instagram.com/longdistancecalling
https://longdistancecalling.merchcowboy.com/

INSIDEOUT MUSIC online:
www.insideoutmusic.com
www.youtube.com/InsideOutMusicTV
www.facebook.com/InsideOutMusic
www.twitter.com/InsideOutUSA
www.insideoutmusicshop.com

INSIDEOUTMUSIC Spotify Playlist:
http://spotify.com/progrockessentials

« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 07:10:09 AM by MinistroRaven »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2019, 07:49:05 PM »
I like them. I have Boundless Saved in my Spotify library.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol