Author Topic: Steel Panther (Don't know SP? Watch the Trailer in reply #71, thank me later)  (Read 55047 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Steel Panther (Don't know SP? Watch the Trailer in reply #71, thank me later)
« Reply #280 on: February 10, 2017, 12:21:46 PM »
Can never have too much cowbell!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Steel Panther (Don't know SP? Watch the Trailer in reply #71, thank me later)
« Reply #281 on: February 10, 2017, 12:26:12 PM »
If you're curious what the guys look like not in character... Click at your own risk

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/33/c9/f0/33c9f031f69e4d50867f2e0f65517724.jpg

That's pretty cool of Perry Farrell and Flea to pose with those two guys from college.  ;)

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #282 on: February 10, 2017, 12:59:58 PM »
Has anyone else got a copy of what I have always considered their "debut"?

I had a download of it at one time. It wasn't great and the banter tracks were shit. Bad News did it better ontheir debut

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
New single out, I Got What You Want:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm7AfxdXj0k

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
I saw it when it came out. I like it. :lol :metal
I think I'm going to enjoy this album more than the last one.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
My buddy has an extra ticket and wants me to go with him. :metal
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Great live show always............seen em 4 times but I have no real intention of buying any of their new music.  Everything I hear sounds similar but less inspired than my faves from the first two albums.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Great live show always............seen em 4 times but I have no real intention of buying any of their new music.  Everything I hear sounds similar but less inspired than my faves from the first two albums.

I haven't liked anything off this one yet. Still great live though.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
They're skipping CT this tour  :-[

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
New album is basically out now, and the whole thing is up on Steel Panther's official Youtube tube. :metal
After a first listen, I'd say the two singles are by far the best things on the album. The rest did nothing for me at all. Looks like it might continue the trend of me enjoying half as much as I did from the previous album.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ronnibran

That's a bummer...  I already thought All You Can Eat was only a fraction as good as Balls Out.  I tried to listen to the new album today.  Somewhere in the first song I kinda just lost interest.  I'm sure I'll check out the whole album someday, but it's not really a priority.

Offline Lowdz

Listened on YouTube last night. Thought it was ok. Some different stuff inthere for SP and better songs than the first couple of songs released. There was something missing though and I'm not sure what. Things sounded too smooth and a bit lifeless. Better than I was expecting though.

And if they are to continue the parody, the next album has to go grunge.

Offline Lowdz

New album is growing on me.
Just listening to I Got What You Want and the beginning with the cheesy keyboards reminds me of this classic

https://youtu.be/UqvV7L0RNmw

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm seeing them on April 11th. :metal
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Lowdz

I've been watching the shows rom the Roxy on YouTube. You'll have fun 😀

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Awe yeaaaah!!!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
 :metal :metal :metal
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Have fun!!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
A bad ass shot from tonight.

And my buddy at his house before the show.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
We want to know what shirt you wore Joe ................or do we?  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Nice - I was concerned that buttons might have been involved  :D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

No way in hell.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
I still have yet to open the newest album. I can't get myself to listen to it for some reason.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
does not compute

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Steel Panther was on Midnight with Chris Hardwick on Comedy Central the other night:

https://www.cc.com/episodes/2hsj60/-midnight-with-chris-hardwick-may-10--2017----ruinmetal-season-4-ep-4104

Offline Lowdz

I still have yet to open the newest album. I can't get myself to listen to it for some reason.

I like it. Better than the last one. And I didn't have high hopes going in. Could do without the Cheap Trick cover. They only have three good songs and one of those is an Elvis song... and She's Tight isn't one of them

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni

I like it. Better than the last one. And I didn't have high hopes going in. Could do without the Cheap Trick cover. They only have three good songs and one of those is an Elvis song... and She's Tight isn't one of them

Who?  Cheap Trick???? Wha???

Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace
Downed
Southern Girls
I Want You To Want Me
Surrender
Auf Weidersehn
Takin' Me Back
Stiff Competition
Dream Police
Way Of The World
I'll Be With You Tonight
Voices
Stop This Game
Can't Stop It But I'm Gonna Try
I Love You Honey But I Hate Your Friends

And that's just the first five albums. I haven't even gotten to the deeper cuts or the "80's hits".   Songs like Tonight It's You, Standing On The Edge, Wait For An Answer, All I Need Is A Dream, Say Goodbye...  I could list 10 more easy, but my kid needs breakfast. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
This is Steel Panther guys.  They are not going to cover Tonight It's You.  She's Tight is perfect for them and I disagree that it's a bad song.  Also they lyrics fit to what SP does.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
This is Steel Panther guys.  They are not going to cover Tonight It's You.  She's Tight is perfect for them and I disagree that it's a bad song.  Also they lyrics fit to what SP does.

I wasn't suggesting that; I agree that the SP cover is perfect.  I was commenting on the odd statement that Cheap Trick "only has three good songs".   Maybe only three songs you like - fair point, opinions, subjective, whatever - but not only "three good songs". 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Ah.  Plus an ass kicking live show.  I was talking though to Lowdz.  I should have quoted him.  My bad.

Offline Lowdz

Ah.  Plus an ass kicking live show.  I was talking though to Lowdz.  I should have quoted him.  My bad.

It was said tongue in cheek (ooh, SP would like that 😀). CT have just not done anything for me.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :lol   Gotcha!

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #313 on: February 21, 2018, 07:24:45 AM »
Just announced that Steel Panther added a Hartford CT date for April 29  :metal

Sunday night show that starts at 9PM  :-\ Fuck, I sound like an old man. I'm probably going to take the Monday afterward off.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #314 on: February 21, 2018, 07:28:40 AM »
Just announced that Steel Panther added a Hartford CT date for April 29  :metal

Sunday night show that starts at 9PM  :-\ Fuck, I sound like an old man. I'm probably going to take the Monday afterward off.

Welcome to my world. :lol