Author Topic: Steel Panther (Don't know SP? Watch the Trailer in reply #71, thank me later)  (Read 55029 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Steel Panther
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2012, 10:37:19 PM »
That show was amazing. I have no voice right now.   :metal

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Steel Panther
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2012, 08:01:19 AM »
Pre-ordered the bluray version the other day. I'll be getting a signed poster with it!  :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGt6deudGE4

Looks fucking hysterical  :corn

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Steel Panther (Don't know SP? Watch the Trailer in reply #71, thank me later)
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2012, 09:40:03 AM »
Do want!

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
Re: Steel Panther (Don't know SP? Watch the Trailer in reply #71, thank me later)
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2012, 10:21:16 AM »
I've bought Feel The Steel and Balls Out. Both albums are AMAZING! I love the fact that they're not only funny as hell - their songs are REALLY catchy!

I'm seeing them when they're playing in Stockholm with a friend. I hope to see not only a great and funny band but lots of boobs. :metal
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2012, 10:40:58 AM »
I've bought Feel The Steel and Balls Out. Both albums are AMAZING! I love the fact that they're not only funny as hell - their songs are REALLY catchy!

I'm seeing them when they're playing in Stockholm with a friend. I hope to see not only a great and funny band but lots of boobs. :metal

You should see a bunch when they play 17 Girls in a Row. They usually bring every girl in the audience on stage. At least that was the case the two times I have seen them.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2012, 10:42:31 AM »
Such a cool band, would love to see them live.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2012, 10:48:00 AM »
Community Property :metal :metal
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2012, 05:38:30 PM »
I think "Death to all but Metal" and "Tommorow Night" are my favorites from both albums.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
just started really checking these guys out. they are hilarious but all jokes and parody aside, they are pretty fucking talented. Satchel nails every solo when they play cover songs, and his originals rule as well.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
Me and my buddy is starting a Steel Panther coverband. We're going clothes/accessory-shopping this weekend. :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Me and my buddy is starting a Steel Panther coverband. We're going clothes/accessory-shopping this weekend. :lol

You are awesome.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!

If you don't upload vids of your gigs I will hate you forever.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
Oh, we most definitly will film it. :hat

We have drums and guitars down, and a possible bass player who is VERY much into glam (he's a Nikki Sixx lookalike!). We just need a singer. I've learned a few songs - they are just as fun to cover as they are to listen to.

Has anyone seen the clips from their latest DVD/Blueray? It looks like it's going to be awesome. They released this today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=torvdhsxk40

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
satchel and michael starr aka russ and ralph in the atomic punks (VH tribute) with michael anthony. honestly this sounds better than VH nowadays for sure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Okf8JjHoK0&feature=plcp

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
Steel Panther is in the studio almost done recording their third album  :metal

I just bought tickets to see them for the third time on April 21... Can't wait!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
I've been seeing the updates from Stix on Twitter.

1) So happy I finally caught on to these guys
2) So happy I'm getting to see them on May 4th at M3.  They're on the main stage, too.  Sweet!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Double postage.  I don't know if anybody else saw this, as I'm probably the only person who watches Dancing With the Stars, but Michael and Satchel made a guest appearance on there in April 2012.  Check it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RhNISQqiWs

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
I saw that clip not long ago while looking up random Steel Panther clips on Youtube. :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
It's funny, because I saw this when it aired and I hadn't started listening to them at that time.  I recognized the band name, so I knew WHO they were, but that was about it.  I remembered the "Sprinkler" guitar move, though, which was what had made me go looking for it in the first place.  :lol

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
Steel Panther lets a fan play on stage with them....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGy5eKKYiG0

:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :rollin

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
:lol That was awesome. I love how spontaneous Steel Panther are, and yet they're always still awesome. How cool would that be as a fan to be able to do that? They made that dude feel like a total rock star.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
:lol That was awesome. I love how spontaneous Steel Panther are, and yet they're always still awesome. How cool would that be as a fan to be able to do that? They made that dude feel like a total rock star.

I like that when you see them it's just as much of a comedy show as it is a concert. The last time they came to CT, Michael Starr closed out the night by saying something along the lines of;

"Okay everyone, in all seriousness, we had a great time tonight and we know you did to... but it's late and everyone has been drinking heavily. Please, if you drive home, and you start falling asleep, do a bump. GOODNIGHT!"

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
:rollin

Fucking awesome.

Mrs. C. is a big Kelly Clarkson fan.  Loves her.  So while I've already gotten her on board with Steel Panther (unlike the average woman, she didn't immediately go "Oh, God, what a bunch of fucking pigs!" and found it all quite amusing), she even more enjoyed seeing the video of a drunken Kelly Clarkson getting on stage with Steel Panther to do Sweet Child of Mine.  Killer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id1Ayo-G4eU

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
 :lol  :metal That was awesome! Love how Satchel did not expect him to play like that. He played like a true champ even though the solo was in the wrong key or something but as the first commment says, he probably drowned in p**** that night!  :lol

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
Has anyone else seen The British Invasion??  For Asian Hooker, Michael Starr has a couple Asian chicks pull him out on an elaborate chariot  :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Even better:  "So if you see somebody walkin' around in the parking lot doin' dive bombs..."  :rollin  Too fucking funny.

Has anyone else seen The British Invasion??  For Asian Hooker, Michael Starr has a couple Asian chicks pull him out on an elaborate chariot  :lol

I have not, but would love to get my hands on it soon.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
Even better:  "So if you see somebody walkin' around in the parking lot doin' dive bombs..."  :rollin  Too fucking funny.

I have not, but would love to get my hands on it soon.

I was one of the first hundred to preorder the bluray... got a free signed poster  :metal

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
If you could have a three-way with any two 80s metal babes, who would you pick and why?

SteelPantherBand-
Lexxi: Bobbi Brown, Tawney Kitaen, or Sebastien Bach depending on how high I am.

:lol Perfect answer.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
I know, I love it.  They're answering very slowly.

No, it doesn't make your 'friend' gay, just cool. Jerking off to us doesn't make him gay, just the name Parker makes him gay.

:lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
How do you guys keep running into other famous musicians at gigs? Any advice for learning to sing?

SteelPantherBand-
Any advice we have goes to Michael Starr.

:rollin

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Excellent interview with Lexxi for their Pittsburgh show:

https://www.post-gazette.com/stories/ae/music/preview-steel-panther-leads-spandex-revolution-684908/

Put the words "metal band" and "Sunset Strip" together, and you pretty much know what to expect.

Steel Panther has no intentions of breaking the stereotype.

The LA band has it all -- big hair, bright spandex, garish logo and total glam-rock bombast a la Poison or vintage Van Halen.

The difference is none of those bands ever topped the Billboard Comedy Chart like Steel Panther did with its 2009 major-label debut, "Feel the Steel." It featured the hilarious anthem "Death to All But Metal," along with such deeper tracks as "Fat Girl (Thar She Blows)" and "Party All Day ([Expletive] All Night)."

Steel Panther is a metal parody band (or is it?) fronted by Michael Starr, whose track record includes stints with Route 66 (with Ratt drummer and Pittsburgh native Bobby Blotzer), L.A. Guns and Van Halen tribute band Atomic Punks. Steel Panther -- also featuring guitarist Satchel, bassist Lexxi Foxx and drummer Stix Zadinia -- started out as Metal Shop and Metal Skool, and with the name change and record deal, it toured the UK with Def Leppard and Motley Crue, opened for Guns 'N Roses and played the Download Festival in England in 2012.

Tonight, the band arrives for its second Pittsburgh show, still touring on the late 2011 release "Balls Out." In advance, Foxx, the glammiest member of the band, filled us in on Steel Panther's heavy metal exploits.

So, how is your tour going so far?

Right now we're in New York City. It was great, because we got to play Boston. That was really cool. It was probably the highlight because I think those people needed a metal band to come in there and kick their ass. It was a lot of fun, but we're looking forward to coming to Pittsburgh because I think the last time was 2009. Hopefully we'll pack it out.

If you had a daughter, would you let her come to the show?

I would totally let her go to the show. But I just wouldn't let her have a backstage pass. I wouldn't let her get near any of them especially Stix, and Satchel, and Michael, because they like to ... yeah, I wouldn't let them come backstage.

They always say about your band, "There are those who get it, and those who don't." Who exactly doesn't get it?

Stupid people. Mostly people who are dumb and just don't like metal. People who probably listen to, like, Oingo Boingo and Hoobastank and [expletive] Natalie Imbruglia, stuff like that. Stupid people. Because if you know anything, [expletive] metal rules, and we're bringing back heavy metal. Probably "stupid people" would be my answer.

I noticed in the poster for Rocklahoma that Papa Roach and Bush are in bigger letters than Steel Panther. Your reaction?

It's a bummer, but at the same time, when we were writing our letters, I didn't know how big our letters and their letters would be. I wonder if they wrote their letters on purpose to be bigger than our letters. I think they just have bigger letters than we do. It doesn't really bum me out that they have bigger letters in their band name than we do. We're going to go out there and bring heavy metal back and I don't care if they have bigger letters or not.

Great. Is there a mix of love and hate when you play those festivals?

I don't think so. I don't see that anybody hates. ... The people who hate us just don't watch it and the people who like us do. Nobody's ever come up to me and said, "You look stupid in your long ...." [pause] Yeah, people said that. But they haven't specifically said, 'Hey, I hate your band.' It's more like, "Hey, dude, you look like a [expletive] sissy," "You look like a girl." It's more like that kind of stuff: "You're dumb, that's why you have blond hair because you're stupid." But they don't say mean things about the band, it's mostly just me, and those people are insecure and ignorant and they were raised by probably monkeys or wolves or something, you know.

You guys specialize in '80s metal. What do you think of metal like As I Lay Dying and Between the Buried and Me?

Well, so you mean the different kind of metal than we are? Well, metal is metal. Personally, I don't get all the screaming and hootin' and hollerin' and all that stuff. I don't listen to that type of music, but I still think it's pretty badass because it has all the heavy guitar riffs and stuff. Like Lamb of God and Machine Head, they have really cool guitar riffs.

And I know Randy [Blythe, of Lamb], and he's great, but I don't understand what he's saying when he's singing or yelling or anything. So, I can totally respect what their metal thing is, but I like bitchin' metal like Whitesnake where you see girls dancing on cars and you see wind blow into bitchin' dudes' hair. That's the kind of metal I like. More like the glam side than that I-hate-my-mom side.

I understand that there's kids all over the world who are in their bedroom and hating their parents. We're just trying to bring back the fun metal. A lot of these groups probably grew up without parents, that's the only thing I can imagine, and that's probably why they're so mean.

You've had a bunch of famous musicians jam with you. What are your favorite guest appearances?

I would have to say Chazz Kroeger from Nickelback. We call him Chazz because we're friends. It's always really cool, because I never listened to Nickelback that much, but then we got to be friends and now I listen to a little bit, because we were like, "Dude, we should collaborate." That's a long word. "We should start working together." "Dude, totally, that would be awesome." So we went to his house in Vancouver and totally put him in spandex. I was just bummed he cut his hair.

If you notice on Nickelback's latest record there's some metal things in there. So if we can turn anyone into doing heavy metal, that's awesome. And Justin Hawkins from The Darkness was really cool. He jammed on our last record. We're going to have a couple guest stars on our next record, and I don't know if I can tell you who they are, but he's in a band that rhymes with Mef Eppard, and I'm not getting give it away, but his name rhymes with Mivian Flampbell.

Got it. So, what's up with playing Chad Kroeger's wedding?

Yeah, yeah, we got tickets. I don't know what I'm going to wear, but we already have our tickets and everything like that. But the biggest thing is what I'm going to wear. Kind of like a Britny Fox meets Cinderella outfit is what I'm going to come up with.

You're working on a new album. Are you playing any of the songs on this tour?

No, no, we're not. We're just going to wait till the record comes out, but we have a song that we think we're going to release in late summer, early fall. It's a party song. It's the best party song we have so far. People have been wanting it to be in movies and stuff already, so we have to get it ready. It's almost mixed and mastered. But we have to wait till it gets on air because people will just tape it and sell it and we won't make any money. They'll be recording at our live show and play it for their friends and that's [b.s.].

Have you considered any rap collaborations?

We were going to hook up with Lil Jon and do something, but he was on "The Apprentice" or something like that, the Donald Trump show. We would always like to do something like Aerosmith did, get with bitchin' rappers. That would be totally badass. As of right now we don't have any plans. We just saw Snoop Dogg yesterday. He was in one of the same interview buildings we were at -- should've asked him then. He's badass-looking and he's so tall. I didn't know how tall he was. I wanted to give him a big hug.

So, are you coming to the show?

Yeah, I'll try to make it. And, uh, I'll bring my daughter.

Yes! Do that. Please.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
That was amazing.