Author Topic: Steel Panther (Don't know SP? Watch the Trailer in reply #71, thank me later)  (Read 55045 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Steel Panther
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2011, 11:34:14 PM »
I gotta listen to the rest but after like 3 tracks I can't say I enjoy the lyrics. The ones are the first were definitely crude but had some clever wordplay or just some that was just straight up funny. They're almost like, I dunno, blurting out swears and toilet humor at a speed that would make even a 14 year old boy's head spin.

I love the new album, but I have to agree.
The first album was (relatively speaking) a bit smarter with it's puns and wording, but the new album feels a bit more like padding up lines with random F words. That doesn't go for every song, but it's enough to be one of the reasons I still prefer the previous album. But musically I still think Balls Out is great.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2011, 03:17:19 PM »
I'm enjoying it, though maybe not as much as FTS, though that was several years in the making. Still playing "spot the song/riff/lick" and I'd love to see them live.

Just Like Tiger Woods is the standout and after ADTOE is song of the year!

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2011, 10:18:52 AM »
I am loving this new album. I thought it wasn't that good when I listened to it the first time. I have listened to it at least a dozen times now, and I think it is just as good as FTS if not better. Just Like Tiger Woods, Weenie Ride, Critter, and Gold Digging Whore alre all amazing. 17 Girls in a Row, Critter, and It Won't Suck Itself all get honorable mention. Apparently Balls Out is #1 on the UK rock charts, and #4 on the US rock charts.

All joking lyrics aside, Steel Panther is an awesome band. They are all very talented musically, and Michaels Starr's voice is incredible. I think they are better than 99% of the hair metal bands that existed in the 80's. I don't mean just in the studio, their on stage performance is spot on too. I'm glad that they are getting what I consider to be well deserved recognition. They have started playing off shows around the US as well as other parts of the world. They were in NYC recently, but I couldn't go because I had two night classes. I am really hoping they do some kind of tour. I can't help but think seeing them in concert would be entertaining as hell and a shit load of fun.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2011, 10:32:31 AM »
I am loving this new album. I thought it wasn't that good when I listened to it the first time. I have listened to it at least a dozen times now, and I think it is just as good as FTS if not better. Just Like Tiger Woods, Weenie Ride, Critter, and Gold Digging Whore alre all amazing. 17 Girls in a Row, Critter, and It Won't Suck Itself all get honorable mention. Apparently Balls Out is #1 on the UK rock charts, and #4 on the US rock charts.

All joking lyrics aside, Steel Panther is an awesome band. They are all very talented musically, and Michaels Starr's voice is incredible. I think they are better than 99% of the hair metal bands that existed in the 80's. I don't mean just in the studio, their on stage performance is spot on too. I'm glad that they are getting what I consider to be well deserved recognition. They have started playing off shows around the US as well as other parts of the world. They were in NYC recently, but I couldn't go because I had two night classes. I am really hoping they do some kind of tour. I can't help but think seeing them in concert would be entertaining as hell and a shit load of fun.
I agree 100% with you :metal:

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2011, 10:38:54 AM »
I gotta listen to the rest but after like 3 tracks I can't say I enjoy the lyrics. The ones are the first were definitely crude but had some clever wordplay or just some that was just straight up funny. They're almost like, I dunno, blurting out swears and toilet humor at a speed that would make even a 14 year old boy's head spin.

That's the whole point of Steel Panther. Please, refer to those 14 year olds (and other fans) as they should... Fanthers

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2011, 10:39:31 AM »
I am loving this new album. I thought it wasn't that good when I listened to it the first time. I have listened to it at least a dozen times now, and I think it is just as good as FTS if not better. Just Like Tiger Woods, Weenie Ride, Critter, and Gold Digging Whore alre all amazing. 17 Girls in a Row, Do You Really Really Love Me, and It Won't Suck Itself all get honorable mention. Apparently Balls Out is #1 on the UK rock charts, and #4 on the US rock charts.

I agree 100% with you :metal:

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2011, 11:44:25 AM »
There's too much pastiche (and blatant lick and riff-borrowing) for it to work as a serious band, and I do enjoy playing spot the riff. I listened to it whilst doing some chores and it stood up well when not concentrating on the lyrics. Critter made me lol though. Certainly going to be a live favourite for the singalong!

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2011, 12:25:35 PM »
God ... how I love these guys..... My dream job is probably being their band manager....
thanks for posting the ideos btw.... it was amazing 15 minutes :metalol:

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2011, 05:57:50 PM »
Just bought tickets to see them on January 4th in NYC!!!!

:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2011, 09:45:38 PM »
wow... how I envy you now.... have fun....

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2011, 05:47:51 AM »
wow... how I envy you now.... have fun....

They're starting to play more and more shows outside Vegas... Including a bunch of overseas stuff. Take a look at their schedule.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2011, 07:15:13 AM »
will do... I wouldn't mind flying to any European country to see them.... And I have to do M&G....
thanks  :)

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2012, 10:34:29 PM »
Who has 6 thumbs and is seeing Steel Panther tomorrow night?????

Me and my two buddies!!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2012, 10:47:10 PM »
Cool. I'll be seeing them 28th Feb. :hat

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2012, 07:42:30 AM »

They're going to Australia ?

:metal

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2012, 07:38:24 AM »
That was without a doubt the most fun I have ever had at a concert.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2012, 07:50:07 AM »

They're going to Australia ?

:metal

Yeah, they're coming out as part of the Soundwave festival, but they're doing sideshows with Alter Bridge, which is what I'll be going to. Can't wait. :metal

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2012, 07:55:16 AM »
Give my  :heart to Myles Kennedy....

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2012, 08:03:57 AM »
The only thing I'll be giving to Myles Kennedy is my empty spot in the audience. :biggrin: :neverusethis:

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2012, 08:05:48 AM »
oh.... fair enough.... I'm sure a lot ladies will do anyway :lol

Offline MajorMatt

• DT.net Member
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2012, 06:06:55 PM »
Love these guys, only band that make me  :lol and   :metal at the same time!

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2012, 09:00:04 PM »
oh so you haven't met mr. metallol.... here you are :metalol: you're welcome :)

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2012, 04:20:11 AM »
Adverts for Steel Panther's new album have been banned for being "overtly sexual". Unbelievable! https://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/facepalm-of-the-week-steel-panther-adverts-banned-in-uk/

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2012, 01:45:03 PM »
Adverts for Steel Panther's new album have been banned for being "overtly sexual". Unbelievable! https://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/facepalm-of-the-week-steel-panther-adverts-banned-in-uk/

There's always someone waiting to be offended somewhere, and Steel Panther were sent to do it!
If they really want to be offended they should hear the bonus track Handicap Slut. Makes Ricky Gervais look like Ghandi.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2012, 02:35:10 PM »
I can't believe it's taken this long for the cover to be brought up.  I think its awesome

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2012, 02:42:02 PM »
I was in Vegas two weeks ago for CES and noticed these guys are playing at the House of Blues every Friday  every week for a while.  Pretty good gig for such a young band!

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2012, 05:53:41 AM »
I love that cover.

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2012, 06:24:56 AM »
I liked them better as "The Atomic Punks".

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2012, 08:38:41 AM »
I never followed up on e show I went too! I was so much fun, easily one of the best concerts I ever been too. When they played Asian hooker, some guy in the crowd grabbed a random Asian chick and threw her on stage. They are coming to CT on April 19, and I can't wait to see them again!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2012, 12:27:10 PM »
I known this band for a while but never actually listened to them until recently, man they are hysterical!!  :lol
I love that they never seem to get out of character in interviews, they should really do a movie!

Very funny interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Tn-vwGt9MqY
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2012, 02:37:28 PM »
I known this band for a while but never actually listened to them until recently, man they are hysterical!!  :lol
I love that they never seem to get out of character in interviews, they should really do a movie!
Very funny interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Tn-vwGt9MqY

I'd buy that for a dollar. Have you seen the faked Behind The Music on their website? Better than the real thing.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2012, 06:15:37 PM »

I'd buy that for a dollar. Have you seen the faked Behind The Music on their website? Better than the real thing.

Yea, it´s hilarious!  :lol

"The local band that everyone knew but nobody talked about"
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2012, 07:15:48 AM »
I just bought tickets to see them for a second time tonight  :metal

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2012, 04:13:34 PM »
There is only so much Steel Panther I can bear. I know it's parody, but it's just a BIT too ridiculous for me most of the time.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline 1neeto

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2012, 07:35:52 PM »
Their shows are hilarious. Took this video at House Of Blues in Vegas last year. Good times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gts_1RwXVEM