Author Topic: Within Temptation thread  (Read 81022 times)

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
Re: Within Temptation thread v. new vid
« Reply #245 on: April 02, 2014, 03:09:20 AM »

Date   Place   Venue   Tickets
October 10   New York (NY)   Terminal 5   On Sale April 4

OOOO a friday night in NYC... may have to go to this and start to get into Within Temptation. I have the Heart of Everything which I like but am not crazy about.

Try the Silent Force. It's my fave of them. If you don't like it, this band probably isn't for you.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #246 on: April 02, 2014, 06:25:33 AM »
Cool.  The San Fran date is just a couple days before I'm there for a conference that I attend every year.  Guess it's gonna be the Toronto date.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #247 on: April 02, 2014, 10:41:26 AM »
Hmm...this might be a possibility.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #248 on: April 02, 2014, 11:08:22 AM »
Love the band, but not 300 miles love the band.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #249 on: April 03, 2014, 12:34:16 PM »
Well the day a lot of you have been waiting for has arrived!

Within Temptation is coming to the US! The band added 12 North American dates to the Hydra World Tour!
Sharon: "It's a great feeling that after so many years we are back with a coast to coast tour. The reception of our latest album Hydra has been overwhelming and we cannot wait to unleash the dragon overseas. Be assured that this time we'll bring our biggest and best North-American live show so far."
Tickets for most shows go on sale on April 4 via www.within-temptation.com/ontour. Keep an eye on the web

North American Dates

Date   Place   Venue   Tickets
September 25   San Francisco (CA)   The Regency Ballroom   On Sale April 4
September 26   Los Angeles (CA)   Club Nokia   On Sale April 4
September 28   Denver (CO)   Gothic Teatre   On Sale April 5
September 30   Minneapolis (MN)   Firts Avenue   On Sale April 4
October 1   Chicago (IL)   Vic Theatre   On Sale April 4
October 2   Royal Oak (MI)   Royal Oak Music Theatre   On Sale April 4
October 3   Toronto (ON)   The Sound Academy   On Sale April 4
October 5   Montreal (QC)   Metropolis   On Sale April 4
October 7   Baltimore (MD)   Ram’s Head Live   On Sale April 4
October 9   Philadelphia (PA)   Electric Factory   On Sale April 4
October 10   New York (NY)   Terminal 5   On Sale April 4
October 11   Worcester (MA)   The Palladium   On Sale April 4

Just went to their website and read that Amaranthe is the opener... OMG I am there.  Amaranthe was soo awesome when I saw them last fall.  Now its time to get into everything Within Temptation.

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #250 on: April 05, 2014, 08:50:09 PM »
Seeing that they'll be in Chicago on Oct 1.  I'm strongly considering going to this show, even if it is a Wednesday.
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #251 on: August 11, 2014, 06:43:16 AM »
Pic from last nite´s show....

From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Beowulf

« Reply #252 on: August 11, 2014, 09:07:07 AM »
Great pic, Cy!!!  Wish they were coming to Texas!
You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #253 on: August 12, 2014, 07:51:25 AM »
Nice pic, I hate it when europe bands play these shows at larger venues and have pyros and great stage shows and then come to the states and have none of that.  I need to get to europe and see some concerts there.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #254 on: August 12, 2014, 07:57:52 AM »
Well, given Sharon´s history with pyrotechnic ´near misses´ in the past, let´s see how long this lasts...  ;)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2014, 08:41:45 AM »
Well, given Sharon´s history with pyrotechnic ´near misses´ in the past, let´s see how long this lasts...  ;)

Not familiar with her history, but she is pretty far away from the pyros in that pic

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2014, 09:41:08 AM »
Really bad timing for me.  I'm going to be in SF the end of Sept/beginning of Oct - I won't be in SF in time for that show, and not back home in time to see the Toronto show.

:newman:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #258 on: August 12, 2014, 04:44:59 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=619AjVwad0o

Yeah that´s what I mean. There are loads of bloopers like that to be found on Youtube. One of them is when she starts to sing and a giant smokestream goes off right beside her. Dangerous profession, really!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #259 on: August 13, 2014, 07:23:21 AM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=619AjVwad0o

Yeah that´s what I mean. There are loads of bloopers like that to be found on Youtube. One of them is when she starts to sing and a giant smokestream goes off right beside her. Dangerous profession, really!

Wow, that was a close one.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #260 on: August 13, 2014, 08:50:20 AM »
Amaranthe is supporting Within Temptation on their upcoming US tour. Will they add a Phoenix date? Probably not...

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #261 on: August 13, 2014, 10:07:24 AM »
Amaranthe is supporting Within Temptation on their upcoming US tour. Will they add a Phoenix date? Probably not...

Dayum!  Now I'm especially peeved I'm going to be in the wrong cities for the tour dates that would be feasible.   >:(

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #262 on: August 13, 2014, 10:21:14 AM »
At least they're going to Canada. They probably avoid this place like the plague, but I guess I can't blame them. Shit, Mike LePond told me Symphony X wont be coming back because they didn't draw enough. There was no date for PHX when they toured with Iced Earth 2 years ago.

I blame Nevermore.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #263 on: September 24, 2014, 09:28:46 AM »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #264 on: September 24, 2014, 09:47:58 AM »
Nice!  I cant wait to see them in a couple weeks and Im a relatively new fan.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #265 on: September 24, 2014, 05:41:48 PM »
No Phoenix, no care.

Ok I lied. I do care. Greatly. Fuck you Within Temptation, and fuck you Arizona, you mariatchi ridden wasteland. There's other kinds of music than mariatchi, you pricks!

Ok I fell better.

No I don't GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #266 on: September 30, 2014, 02:50:47 PM »
New DVD/BluRay and it sounds like a monster package!

https://www.within-temptation.com/headlines/within-temptation-reveal-new-live-dvdblu-ray2cd-let-us-burn/

‘LET US BURN – ELEMENTS & HYDRA LIVE IN CONCERT’

Dutch symphonic rock band WITHIN TEMPTATION are thrilled to unveil a new live DVD/Blu-ray/2CD. ‘Let Us Burn – Elements & Hydra Live In Concert’ is set for release on November 14 and features two of WITHIN TEMPTATION’s most talked about arena shows ever. The two dates are 2012’s resplendent 15th birthday ‘Elements’ concert and the final night of the ‘Hydra’ European arena tour at Amsterdam’s Heineken Music Hall in May 2014. When it comes to the live experience, Within Temptation’s status is of a league extraordinaire. These two performances showcase every nuance of their fierce reputation plus stunning imagery and special FX, including even giant fire-breathing dragons!

In November 2012, WITHIN TEMPTATION challenged themselves to create one of their most impressive arena shows ever, to celebrate the band’s 15th birthday. The result was the one-off symphonic ‘Elements’ show, held at the Sportpaleis in Antwerp. A dazzling event with 15,000 fans, the band’s dream came to life. Newly inspired, the group went forth to write their critically acclaimed sixth studio album ‘Hydra’.

In early 2014, WITHIN TEMPTATION unleashed ‘Hydra’. This monster record claimed more than 10 European Top-10 chart positions, a #2 position in the iTunes World Charts, and the band’s highest US Billboard Top-20 chart position to date. The album success was followed by a 33-date European arena tour, selling out noted venues like Wembley Arena in London, Le Zenith in Paris, and the legendary Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam (twice).
Over 15,000 fans joined the ‘Elements’ show celebrations and more than 120,000 fans witnessed the ‘Hydra’ beast on stage in Europe, but WITHIN TEMPTATION is far from done. The ‘Hydra’ world tour is currently in full swing in North America. With South America and Japan still to come, more than half a million fans will have seen WITHIN TEMPTATION by the end of this year.

WITHIN TEMPTATION is renowned for releasing impressive live DVDs. Previous release, the best-selling ‘Black Symphony’ DVD, helped make them one of the most popular bands in their genre. At their recent Awards show in Berlin, Metal Hammer Germany presented WITHIN TEMPTATION with the prestigious Best Live Band Award. The new DVD underlines this title.
‘Let Us Burn – Elements & Hydra Live In Concert’ will be released in four formats – DVD + 2CD, Blu-ray + 2CD, 2CD, and digital album. The DVD and Blu-ray contain 34 live audio visual tracks in HD, mixed in 5.1 Dolby Surround. The 2CD and digital album comprise 32 live audio tracks. The two shows have a running time total of approximately 170 minutes. ‘Let Us Burn – Elements & Hydra Live In Concert’ is a treat for rock fans all over the world.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #267 on: November 03, 2014, 09:37:22 AM »
After the indifference shown to their American fans coupled with the substandard music quality after Black Symphony, I find it really hard to care about this band.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #268 on: November 03, 2014, 09:46:36 AM »
Hydra was definitely a disappointment even though there are some really good songs on it, but I wont give up on them until they release a really terrible album. Because you know, when/if that ever happens, they will sure enough have a US tour, come to Phoenix and play mostly their new shitty crap. Granted, that's a worst case scenario.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #269 on: November 03, 2014, 11:00:10 AM »
I wasn't a huge fan of Hydra until I saw them a few week ago play half the album and I really enjoy it now. I plan on buying the new blu ray when it comes out soon.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #270 on: November 03, 2014, 11:27:39 AM »
After the indifference shown to their American fans coupled with the substandard music quality after Black Symphony, I find it really hard to care about this band.

Its probably hard to find a babysitter.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #271 on: November 07, 2014, 10:50:00 AM »
I realized their cover of Skyfall sounds really similar to Jane Doe.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #272 on: December 30, 2014, 07:28:41 PM »
As annoyed as I am with this band, I was in a mood to listen to them and stumbled upon this show from 2012:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUzEE-GTlRE

Stunning.  There were truly some awesome tracks on The Unforgiving, and some of them are showcased here along with some of their classics.  Although I guess I shouldn't be, I am pleasantly surprised at how awesome In The Middle Of The Night is in a live setting. 

Oh, and did Sharon and Robert break up, or is that him in black with the long(ish) hair and I am just not recognizing him?

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #273 on: December 30, 2014, 08:11:58 PM »
AFAIK (with the odd exception) Robert gave away live shows some time ago to play house husband..
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #274 on: December 30, 2014, 08:39:01 PM »
As of 2011, Westerholt has stepped down from touring with Within Temptation in order to take care of his and den Adel's children. He is still a recording band member, however, and will focus on songwriting and production. Stefan Helleblad, who has been working behind the scenes with the band, is his live stand-in.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #275 on: December 30, 2014, 09:34:02 PM »
I had a feeling he wasnt touring with them. I got confused seeing live vids of them,  and not seeing him there. Yet he's on the studio albums.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #276 on: December 31, 2014, 08:46:55 AM »
Ah, okay.  That makes sense.

Actually, that's a pretty good move on their part from a practical standpoint.  Although Robert is one of the major creative forces behind the music, Sharron is the voice and face of the band.  If one of them has to take a back seat, it obviously has to be Robert.  And having him at home full time allows the band to be out touring more often.  ...not that that does any of us in the U.S. any good.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #277 on: December 31, 2014, 12:33:28 PM »
Well they did just tour the US and it was awesome...

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #278 on: December 31, 2014, 12:54:20 PM »
Oh.  Did they do the typical 1 day in L.A. and 2-3 East Coast dates?

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #279 on: December 31, 2014, 01:01:43 PM »

What 'indifference's' are you referring to?