Author Topic: Within Temptation thread  (Read 81595 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Within Temptation thread
« on: June 05, 2009, 02:14:32 PM »
Can't believe there isn't a Within Temptation thread on the new iteration of the forum.  Wow.  Well, there is now.   :biggrin:

I just scored the U.S. re-release of Mother Earth at Best Buy.  Listening now, and so far, it does not disappoint AT ALL!  (and I know a few of the songs already from the Black Symphony release)  So far, I REALLY like everything I've heard from them except the stuff on Enter.  The other three albums are all REALLY good.

Appreciate, discuss, etc.  Now.

BTW, does anyone know where the song "The Other Half (Of Me)" comes from?  I assumed it was this album, since this is the only studio album I didn't previously have, but it's not on here.  They perform it live on Black Symphony and, apparently, their other live DVD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojkHVVtYeJg
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 03:39:33 PM by ariich »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline InTheNameOfGod

• PoS>All
They're awful.

Seriously, what do you like about them? (other than the fit singer)
Currently listening to:

Anathema - We're Here Because We're Here *****
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned **
Les Discrets - Septembre Et Ses Dernières Pensées ***1/2
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing *****
Symphony X - The Odyssey ****1/2

Sweat, skin, a pulse divine to balance this restless mind.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Did you not read the thread title, or are you intentionally trying to get banned for trolling?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline InTheNameOfGod

• PoS>All
Did you not read the thread title, or are you intentionally trying to get banned for trolling?

Sorry, I missed 'appreciation'.

I did try to delete my post.

Currently listening to:

Anathema - We're Here Because We're Here *****
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned **
Les Discrets - Septembre Et Ses Dernières Pensées ***1/2
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing *****
Symphony X - The Odyssey ****1/2

Sweat, skin, a pulse divine to balance this restless mind.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Love em. I basically agree with the OP.

Enter is rather lame, with a few good ballads. Mother Earth is brilliant, Silent Force is...good I guess, just lacking something. Uhh the one after Silent Force, forgot it's name, well it's what silent force should have been. And black symphony is amazing in every way.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
*Appreciates*

I love them too. Sharon has such a beautiful voice. Agrees with Bosk.  :heart Sharon.

The Other Half of Me comes from The Dance EP, along with two other original songs and a couple remixes.

Recently I've been hooked on Our Farewell. I still need to get Black Symphony, but can't find it anywhere.

Did I mention I :heart Sharon?

Some of my favorites:

Ice Queen
Our Farewell
Deciever Of Fools
Dark Wings
See Who I Am
Memories
Somewhere
The Howling
Hand Of Sorrow
All I Need

I was actually planning on making a new Best of CD today, but fell asleep. I think that there's still time.

He'd seem hopeless and los-

Online SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
How can I explain my love to them?  :heart

From the album ENTER to their last masterpiece THE HEART OF EVERYTHING make them adorable gothic-senfonic metal group.
And Sharon Del Adel my very lovely lead singer, having very emotional, touching voice.

Exactly; I can listen RESTLESS forever, especially when i make myself ready to sleep, i just open that song, closed my eyes, touch WT's every wonderful notes and feel Sharon's lovely voice  :heart :heart :heart
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Here's my Best Of:

1. Running Up That Hill
2. Mother Earth
3. Ice Queen (First I typed Iced Earth without thinking...)
4. Our Farewell
5. Dark Wings
6. Deciever Of Fools
7. See Who I Am
8. Stand My Ground
9. Memories
10. It's The Fear
11. Somewhere
12. The Howling
13. Hand Of Sorrow
14. All I Need
15. The Truth Beneath The Rose

I wish CDs were longer than 80 minutes.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
I love Mother Earth and really like The Heart of Everything. I like Silent Force quite a lot as well, but I agree with Adami that it lacks a certain something, not sure what but I just see it as less exciting.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
I love The Heart of Everything, Like The Silent Force a lot, but don't like the other albums much. I should probably give Mother Earth a better chance, but as far as female-fronted metal bands I much prefer Epica.

forgiven = best song amirite?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Ice Queen is such a great song!

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
Yay, dutch band.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
I only own Black Symphony, but I will say it is the only convert DVD I’ve ever seen that is able to perfectly balance being a cinematic experience and having the feel of actually being at the show in person.

Their music is not anything stellar. They just write good, solid, enjoyable music. My next major haul will be including one or two of their studio albums.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
  • Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!
I never really loved Mother Earth, but The Heart of Everything is Killer.  Those are the only two albums of theirs that I've got.  Maybe I should look into their back catalog some more.

Do you have Ayreon's "Into the Electric Castle"?  That's the album that actually introduced me to Within Temptation.  I loved Sharon's performance on it so I had to go out and find more stuff featuring her.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Within Temptation appreciation thread (and new [old] album score for bosk1)
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 07:36:45 AM »
Just discovered this band through Pandora.  I really enjoyed the few songs I have heard from them and I have never really been into female vocalists in metal music, but something about this band is really catchy.  I just got The Heart of Everything so I will have to listen and decide how much I actually like this band.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2009, 03:40:03 PM »
So, anyone heard their new acoustic live album? Listening on Spotify right now and it's ace!

The version of Somewhere with Anneke Van Giersbergen in a duet is sooooooo nice!

I be am boner inducing.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2009, 03:47:02 PM »
Not out until next week.  Haven't heard it yet.  Not that I mind since I'm busy listening to The Whirlwind, but just saying.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2009, 03:48:58 PM »
Not out until next week.  Haven't heard it yet.  Not that I mind since I'm busy listening to The Whirlwind, but just saying.
You did well to add that last sentence, as I was about to start laughing at you.

Dammit why can't The Whirlwind come out. :(

But yeah this CD is really good, the arrangements are done very nicely!

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2009, 04:10:32 PM »
I've never heard them, what're they like?
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus

Offline Dr. SeaWolf

• DT.net Member
  • Living in the pupil of 1,000 eyes.
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 04:21:35 PM »
They're pretty similar to Nightwish, aren't they?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2009, 04:34:55 PM »
In some ways.  Same genre, but I would say they have a much different style and a much stronger singer.

Offline Dr. SeaWolf

• DT.net Member
  • Living in the pupil of 1,000 eyes.
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2009, 04:39:19 PM »
I'll have to check them out on Lala or Rhapsody sometime.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2009, 04:40:07 PM »
I love me some Within Temptation!! Black Symphony is just an amazing album/concert DVD and what can I say about Sharon? I love everything about her, and I do mean EVERYTHING!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2009, 04:42:15 PM »
I'll have to check them out on Lala or Rhapsody sometime.

Or...you could start by clicking on the two videos I posted links to.

I love me some Within Temptation!! Black Symphony is just an amazing album/concert DVD and what can I say about Sharon? I love everything about her, and I do mean EVERYTHING!

Best concert DVD in my collection, hands down.  The music, the performance, the cinematography...it is all just about perfect.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2009, 04:46:13 PM »
It's one of the best DVD I've ver seen! Right up there with Snakes & Arrows.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009, 02:07:18 AM »
Damn I'm going to have to get that DVD, it sounds amazing!

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2009, 09:33:43 AM »
Damn I'm going to have to get that DVD, it sounds amazing!
It is!!! GET IT NAO!!!!

By the way, anyone have any information on their new album?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2009, 09:47:49 AM »
The accoustic one, or the new studio album?  The last thing I heard about the studio album is some unspecified time next year.  I think very early in the year, they said they planned on working on it in '09, but Sharon getting pregant and giving birth put that off.  I haven't heard any more recent news, and there's nothing on their website. 

I did notice that they have some tour dates scheduled in Europe in March and April.  And according to Wikipedia, "In an interview on the dutch website Nu.nl the band announced that their new album would probably be release in the autumn of 2010, after finishing their second accoustic theatre tour, planned in April 2010."  I'm certainly hoping they bring the tour over here to the U.S.  Sucks that it looks like a new studio album won't be out for about another year though.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2009, 02:48:12 PM »
Thanks Bosk.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Within Temptation album/tour/baby update
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2010, 10:11:54 AM »
Released earlier today:

By WT official 189 comments   Sharon: Important news…

Hello everyone,

As we are all gearing up for the release of our new album I have news which might come as a surprise:Robert and I are expecting a child. To be honest, this was not planned at all, but we’re very happy about it as we experience our kids as an enrichment of our lives.

I’m happy to tell you that the release of our new album will not change: March 2011! The recordings for the album are completed and the songs are being mixed right now, all preparations for the release are in full swing, so there is no reason to put things on hold.

However, we couldn’t avoid rescheduling our tour as it will be impossible for me to deliver a great show for you while being in the final months of my  pregnancy. Also due to the complications during the previous pregnancies it is dangerous for our baby and for me to be very active in these final months.

The tour dates have already been re-scheduled to the fall of 2011. The tickets you have bought will remain valid for the new dates which can be found on this page. We understand that the re-scheduling of our tour is a blow for you and we can only sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused as we very much appreciate the fact that so many of you have bought  tickets for the shows early on.

We hope for your understanding and support and we’ll do everything to make the up-coming tour the best you’ve ever seen from us yet!

All the best from Sharon & Within Temptation

I had to read this three times to make sure it wasn't an old release since Robert and Sharon just had a baby a few months ago.  Wow.  Be fruitful and multiply, indeed.  :lol  Can't wait for the new album.  Obiously, I understand and support the reasoning for delaying the tour, but I'm bummed that I will apparently NEVER get to see them live in the U.S.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Within Temptation album/tour/baby update
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2010, 10:16:32 AM »
Awesome news about the album! :caffeine:

I be am boner inducing.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2010, 10:18:44 AM »
Oh, and more specifically about the album itself (this one was I think released a couple of weeks ago):

next album
The Unforgiving

Recently we’ve started giving clues on the website about our concept album. As you might have noticed our concept album is going to be based on a comic book series, written by Steven O’Connell (BloodRayne & Dark 48). We’ve asked comic artist Romano Molenaar (Witchblade, Darkness and X-men) to draw the characters and scenery.

The new album and comic will be titled: “The Unforgiving”.

On this album, we’ve taken a totally different approach. Each song on “The Unforgiving” was written along Steven’s narrative. The main characters of the comic are reflecting the characters of our songs. The concept pushed us and gave  inspiration to come up with a new approach in our sound. It resulted in writing our best songs so far.

We have been big comic fans since our childhood. With this album we felt the time was there to take a new step in our creative development, take it further and broaden our horizon. Next to the concept form of the album, the songs are more divers than ever before. In addition, the music of the late 80ies, that’s when we started to read comic books, certainly has left a mark on our new sound.

For the new album which will be released March 2011, we’re working together with producer: Daniel Gibson. Daniel worked also on “The Silent Force” and “The Heart of Everything”.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2010, 10:23:41 AM »
New WT album  :tup

Thinking about someone boning Sharon other than myself  :tdwn
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2010, 12:23:41 PM »
To be fair, if Sharon was my wife/girlfriend, I'd be banging her every few hours as well.
fanticide.bandcamp.com