Author Topic: Bye Bye, Lite FM!!!  (Read 847 times)

Offline cfmoran13

Bye Bye, Lite FM!!!
« on: October 15, 2010, 02:39:44 PM »
For the past several years, my company has had a radio station called "Lite FM" playing through the ceiling speakers all day, every day.  They seem to have a setlist of about 15-20 songs that are played over and over again - Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Pink, Adam Lambert, Train, Lady Antibellum, etc. every frickin' day!  I've been complaining to people about it for just about as long as it's been played.

Someone took the initiative to look into getting satellite radio for the building.  Today was the first day.  Gone went the above-mentioned people.  In their place, I've been listening to Zeppelin, The Eagles, The Stones, Hendrix, The Beatles.  It's been AWESOME!!!

I've been listening to Sirius satellite radio in my car for about 6 years.  Now, I get to listen to it at work.  Whoo F'n Hoo!!!

Just thought I'd share.

Offline Basekick

Re: Bye Bye, Lite FM!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 02:42:02 PM »
And I thought Lite FM was suddenly going under....
"10,000 hours of practice - not talent - creates virtuosos."

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded."  - Jimi Hendrix

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 04:19:29 PM »
No, it just sucks.

:lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 04:22:21 PM »
When my brother worked retail all the manager would put on was R.E.M.

Not really bad, but when it's for 12 months straight you probably get a bit sick of them.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 10:05:35 AM »
When I worked at Staples my buddy used to put Dream Theater after closing, and sometimes during the day by the computer speakers. One of the manages was a big classic prog fan, so we could always get away with playing stuff like Transatlantic too.