Author Topic: Paul Di'Anno US tour (my band opening Foxboro MA date!)  (Read 1031 times)

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
Paul Di'Anno US tour (my band opening Foxboro MA date!)
« on: October 14, 2010, 07:36:13 PM »
Was gonna put this in the artist section, but I figured I'd post the general info for the tour for those interested:

https://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=147662

Former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno will perform the band's classic self-titled debut album in its entirety for the first time ever in the USA plus select cuts from "Killers" during his upcoming tour in December/January. Support on the trek will come from Pittsburgh traditional metallers ICARUS WITCH.

Di'Anno's booking agency, Artists Worldwide, has released the following dates to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

Dec. 20 - Foxboro, MA @ Showcase Live
Dec. 21 - New York, NY @ B.B. King Blues Club & Grill
Dec. 22 - Asbury Park, NJ @ Stone Pony
Dec. 23 - Baltimore, MD @ Bourbon Street
Dec. 24 - Cleveland, OH @ Agora Ballroom
Dec. 25 - Chicago, IL @ Reggies
Dec. 26 - St. Paul, MN @ Station 4
Dec. 28 - [to be announced]
Dec. 30 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
Jan. 05 - West Hollywood, CA @ Key Club
Jan. 06 - Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Theatre

More dates will be announced soon.

Di'Anno completed his first U.S. tour in over 15 years in January/February 2010 with support from ICARUS WITCH (who also served as Di'Anno's backing band for the tour).

Fan-filmed video footage of Di'Anno's September 3, 2010 performance at Macaboo Bar in São Paulo, Brazil can be viewed below.

In a recent interview with Australia's PressRecordOnline.com, Paul Di'Anno was asked what the reaction has been like to his current setlist, which consists mainly of songs from MAIDEN's "Killers" and "Iron Maiden" albums. "Always get a good response for the old MAIDEN stuff," he replied. "Seeing as it's 30 years since the first MAIDEN album, we thought it would be a good idea to play the whole LP for the fans. I [am] also doing a fair bit of 'Killers'. I also add a lot of my own songs from my various projects. There a lot heavier and in your face. But yeah, obviously 'cause of the MAIDEN thing, people always react well. I just get in shit if I miss some people's favorites. (laughs)"

When asked about his past objections to playing IRON MAIDEN songs and what made him change his mind about performing the material in concert, Di'Anno replied, "Ah, well, you know, I'm always gonna get asked to do them; I'd be strung up if I didn't. But this time round with the 30th anniversary and what-not, I thought I'd play the whole bloody album. Some of these songs I haven't played since 1980, so I am having to re-learn a couple like 'Charlotte the Harlot'. But it's all good; makes them fresh again to me ears."

My band DORIAN GRAY will be opening the Foxboro MA date on 12/20, so if anyone is going to that show and would like tickets, drop me a line!

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
Re: Paul Di'Anno US tour (my band opening Foxboro MA date!)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 08:08:16 PM »
Will Jani be playing guitar for him again?
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 08:20:20 PM »
Icarus Witch will be his backing band. Excellent band in their own right:

https://www.myspace.com/icaruswitch

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 09:07:50 PM »
Sweet, I'll be at the New York show!!

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 09:07:50 AM »
You mean he didn't take the time to take a dump on Steve Harris? I'm shocked  :lol
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 11:23:20 AM »
Hasn't he been a train wreck over the last year or two?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TTTSTA

• GRRRRR
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 11:25:43 AM »

Yes he was terrible when i saw him last time here in Michigan.

However there is a local bar here in Detroit that is supposed to host a show. My band Borrowed Time is slated to be the opener! it will be fun nonetheless
Sig removed for being too Gaahl!

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 02:47:30 PM »
My friend that saw him last year said he was terrible, but some recent videos have proved otherwise. I guess it varies from night to night. Tickets are only $23, so if I have the cash and a ride I'll probably go.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 11:07:58 PM »
Put up a facebook page for the band today to help promote the show, so if you guys are on please "like" our page, as we'd really appreciate the support:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dorian-Gray/139286806118601

And we also are starting to spruce up the myspace page:

https://www.myspace.com/doriangrayus