Author Topic: Just saw Halloween Hootenanny! Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, Murderdolls  (Read 1638 times)

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
Just saw Alice Cooper last night on the Halloween Hootenanny tour. I brought along all three kids and it was my 7 year old daughter's first concert ever. I was worried that she'd be scared because she didn't want to go but her grandparents were out of town and couldn't watch her for us. We put her in a pair of headphones meant to block out the sound of chainsaws, and on the way there I talked to her for a long time about things that are scary, but pretend. She said that she's not afraid of anything, but kept saying her stomach hurt a little bit. She wore her pink Disney princess outfit, and on the way in said "Mom, why are people in costumes?" .... heh

The first song - School's Out. She saw people on the floor throwing the horns. She looked at meand hollered "what's that mean?" and it was too loud to try to say anything but "it means "I like your music" ". She grinned and began copying them with both hands in the air as high as she could get them. :lol :metal

After he was stabbed, poisoned, hung, and guilliotined she commented to me "they keep killing him but he keeps coming back!!" and I nodded and smiled, knowing that was the tour slogan (but she didn't know). I wasn't worried anymore about her being scared by this point. :lol

By the end of Alice's set, she was waving and \m/ \m/ every time the band members came to our side (we had realllly good seats on the side of the stage where we could see backstage as well as in front) and after the last encore one of the guitarists came over into the furthest shadowy side of the amp tower (or whatever it was) and tossed three guitar picks in the air. I saw them spinning and coming straight at me like an old superfriends in-between-scenes swirly thing. I reached but missed.... then my husband looked at his arm as if something had hit him, and my daughter had already gotten down and grabbed one from the floor right in front of here where it landed. It says John 5. :metal :metal  Not sure whether Alice always has two guitarists plus a bassist on this tour or if it was John 5 himself who just played with EVERY band that night, cuz we only saw Alice (middle child got beered - someone behind him lost a full cup on him and he was in no mood to stay).

On the way out she just HAD to have a tour shirt, and we let her choose the one she wanted - she chose the one of alice in a straightjacket on front and of the words THEY KEEP KILLING HIM BUT HE KEEPS COMING BACK! on the back. She slept in it last night. Then she insisted on wearing it backwards to school today with the slogan facing forward. :lol

What a great first show for her! Little Kids (really do) Rock!

I also saw KISS for the second time in my life (first time was in 2000) this past summer and as much as I have always been a huge fan of them, they were much slowed down this time around. In comparison, Alice was so on top of things it was sick. For age 62 he is just one in a million as far as energy and awesome quotient goes. :hat

Old timers, and young fans, appreciate Alice. :metal
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
Re: Just saw Halloween Hootenanny! Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, Murderdolls
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 05:27:52 PM »
That's a cool story! :tup Your daughter is pretty metal too!! :metal

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 05:50:57 PM »
Alice Cooper was won of the better shows I've ever seen. That was one of the only shows ever where I walked out and was completely speechless. All I could say was "dude...ah...dude...dude ah dude...dude"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 05:53:50 PM »
As the resident DTF's #1 Alice Cooper fan.....I approve :tup

No one does it like him. He is the most underrapreciated rock legend out there. Everyone needs to see him at least once!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 06:09:36 PM »
That's a cool story! :tup Your daughter is pretty metal too!! :metal

Yes she is! :metal

Alice Cooper was won of the better shows I've ever seen. That was one of the only shows ever where I walked out and was completely speechless. All I could say was "dude...ah...dude...dude ah dude...dude"

Oh I understand completely. It's been a handful of years since I've seen a band fill our local NHL arena (6K seats plus standing approx) but it happened pretty well last night. :hat

As the resident DTF's #1 Alice Cooper fan.....I approve :tup

No one does it like him. He is the most underrappreciated rock legend out there. Everyone needs to see him at least once!

I had no idea how true this was until last night. That instantly threw my favorite five shows of all time all outta whack, because it now securely takes a spot up there with DT at RCMH, PT at RCMH, QR/Metallica's O:M/AJFA tour, and QR's Empire tour. All so good for such different reasons. I would drive distances to see alice again. Fantastic show!

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 06:10:48 PM »
I want to see Alice Cooper :(

Glad you had a good time though :metal

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 06:11:20 PM »
Oh I understand completely. It's been a handful of years since I've seen a band fill our local NHL arena (6K seats plus standing approx) but it happened pretty well last night. :hat

I think what really made that concert was that I saw it in a theater of less than 2,000 people. It really made it awesome.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 12:52:33 AM »
That weird that you got a John 5 pick, as he isn't playing with Cooper currently, just Zombie. Maybe their guitarists ran out of picks and he lent them a box of 'em :P

Should be seeing this show Saturday at the Rock and Shock convention, which is combined with another show (with Nevermore!) and housing a horror convention as well. Always a good time. I saw Alice back in '06 and it was one of the best live shows I've ever seen.

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 08:58:26 PM »
That weird that you got a John 5 pick, as he isn't playing with Cooper currently, just Zombie. Maybe their guitarists ran out of picks and he lent them a box of 'em :P

It was Murderdolls, then Alice Cooper, then Rob Zombie. I thought maybe a few picks were kicking around from Murderdolls first or something - he's in both, right?

Then again, in a couple of youtube videos from that night I could see clearly on stage on one of the mic stands there were picks that looked like they could be this style mixed in with the others (this one is white as opposed to the other, black, ones).

I actually came across a video on youtube today that I was able to pick out one of my sons, me, and my daughter in. Our seats seem even better to me now that I can see where we were from a different perspective. :hat

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 03:27:41 AM »
Joey Jordison is in both Murderdolls and Rob Zombie's band, not John 5.

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 07:48:53 AM »
Joey Jordison is in both Murderdolls and Rob Zombie's band, not John 5.

Ah ok, I couldn't remember what I had read.

It's a common occurrence for me to get into a band after seeing them live, instead of the other way around, so don't be surprised that I am pimping a group but don't have background info - it happens. :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 04:29:29 PM »
That's an awesome pic!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol