Author Topic: Big Bang Theory - Season 4  (Read 24306 times)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Big Bang Theory - Season 4
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2010, 04:01:08 AM »
Yeah but then the whole comedy of the show is that it's about geniuses who don't have a clue with social interaction. It's meant to be completely exaggerated, that's why it's funny. :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2010, 05:46:15 PM »
You're absolutely right.  It is all about genuises who don't have a clue how to behave in social situations and that's a major staple of what makes the show funny.  I have to stop thinking so rationally about some stuff.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2010, 10:28:17 PM »
THE ALIEN PARASITE HYPOTHESIS

1.5/5

After a long break it's back to new episodes again but this one was a total yawner.  Sheldon and Amy did 90% of the talking in this one and it was more annoying than it would have been if the "Buehler.  Buehler.  Buehler." guy talked for half an hour if you can imagine that.

I hate Amy.  I hate her.  Sheldon's uniqueness is being eroded very rapidly by having a second robot character who's even more robotic than Sheldon ever was.  I don't give a shit about her.  If something happens to Sheldon and he's sick in bed or not acting like himself I feel empathy.  If Amy got hit by a bus and was close to death I wouldn't even blink.  I think the writers are forcing her in to the show and it's not working.  You make Bernadette a full-time cast member and she had two lines in this one.

Raj and Howard's storyline had promise but didn't go anywhere at all.

What a crap way to come back from the break.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2010, 01:41:55 PM »
THE JUSTICE LEAGUE RECOMBINATION

3.5/5*

* Extra 0.5 for Penny as Wonder Woman... sooooooo hot.  But they could have really blown it out of the water if Bernadette was there as another scantily-clad female JLA member but there aren't too many to choose from.

This episode was decent and fun but nothing too special.  I don't really have much to say but Raj saying "Aquaman suuuuuuuuucks" many times was funny.  It's great to see Penny finally showing some regret for what she threw away with Leonard.  The whole way she handled the "I love you" and walked out on him was just so brutal.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2010, 05:21:22 PM »
I thought the most recent episode was the funniest in a while At least I found myself laughing outloud more than usual.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2011, 09:55:49 PM »
THE BUS PANTS UTILIZATION

3/5*

Solid episode.  I thought the concept for the app was cool and I'm actually shocked that nobody has already come up with the same app idea Penny had.

* I awarded an extra 0.5 cuz Amy was NOT in it but I had to take away 0.5 cuz Bernadette was also NOT in it.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one still watching this show.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2011, 10:01:15 PM »
THE BUS PANTS UTILIZATION

3/5*

Solid episode.  I thought the concept for the app was cool and I'm actually shocked that nobody has already come up with the same app idea Penny had.

* I awarded an extra 0.5 cuz Amy was NOT in it but I had to take away 0.5 cuz Bernadette was also NOT in it.

Apparently Apple has been working on this. I read something about this months ago. One of the problems Apple was having to work out with this app, is that people might be weirded out by somebody taking pictures of their feet. The closest thing is iShoes.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2011, 10:50:17 PM »

No, I watch / DVR every episode.  I just don't feel the need to comment on every episode at a music message board.

BTW, I agree with your taking 0.5 off for not having Bernadette in it.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2011, 12:32:39 AM »
Watched it tonight, some real funny moments. That shoe app even struck me as a good idea, it's got augmented reality written all over it, I'm sure we'll have it soon.

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2011, 03:41:18 PM »
I still enjoy this show very much. Its nice seeing Sheldon change.  Notice how he is slowly and slowly becoming more adept to society?

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2011, 03:42:45 PM »
I still enjoy this show very much. Its nice seeing Sheldon change.  Notice how he is slowly and slowly becoming more adept to society?

To be honest, I hadn't noticed. Could it be that you only think so in contrast to Amy? Also, he was definitely more in tune with society in the first season as well before they retooled his character a bit.
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2011, 03:44:56 PM »

To be honest, I hadn't noticed. Could it be that you only think so in contrast to Amy? Also, he was definitely more in tune with society in the first season as well before they retooled his character a bit.

oh no way man.  A good example is that he now recognizes sarcasm more; understands why its used; yet still not able to use it properly. 

Go watch the episode with the flashback of how Leonard met Sheldon the first time and compare it to one of the episodes of this season; particularly the Justice League episode.  Notice how much more open and social he is albeit, a complete condescending a-hole.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2011, 12:29:04 AM »
Jim Parsons was on Leno tonight... if there were ever a blurry line between actor/character he's probably the ultimate example.  He talks/moves/acts/twitches/etc exactly like Sheldon does.

I really don't feel comfortable with JP getting so much more attention than the other actors.  A while ago I heard someone kidding around that they'll change the name to Sheldon's Big Bang Theory or something like that and even though I chuckled at first it somehow feels that it could come true now.  They're paying Penny and Leonard the same phat lewt but you never see them on shows.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2011, 10:53:56 AM »
terrible episode this past week, hope it recovers this week.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2011, 01:48:41 AM »
I haven't watched the latest episodes or anything, but man this show is awesome, mostly because of Sheldon.
I can't recall the words exactly, but this scene always makes me laugh extremely:

Leonard: What Secret? Tell me the secret!
Sheldon: Mom smokes in the car, Jesus doesn't like it. We can't tell dad.
Leonard: Not that secret, the OTHER secret!
Sheldon: IM BATMAN!

:rollin

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2011, 06:39:24 AM »
This got renewed for three more seasons.  Why?
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2011, 06:52:17 AM »
Because it's awesome.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2011, 06:54:19 AM »
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline jsem

« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2011, 07:05:14 AM »

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2011, 07:10:15 AM »
*cue laugh track*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline jsem

« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2011, 07:11:31 AM »
That does disturb me though. Sitcom background laughs. I hate it.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2011, 07:14:29 AM »
This show uses more canned laughter than I use canned chick peas.

And I love falafel.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2011, 09:48:09 AM »
Actually The Big Bang Theory is one of the few sitcoms today that's actually recorded live in front of a studio audience. The laughs may be irritating at times, but they're real.
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2011, 09:55:09 AM »
Actually The Big Bang Theory is one of the few sitcoms today that's actually recorded live in front of a studio audience. The laughs may be irritating at times, but they're real.

Are you 'avin a laff?

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2011, 09:56:55 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXp96Um-TAs&feature=related

Um...good point?

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2011, 09:59:23 AM »
Damnit.  Couldn't edit quick enough.

But the point is, live studio audiences are nearly as artificial as actual canned laughter.  It's the CBS trademark.

1. Less comedy
2. More laugh track
3. ? ? ?
4. Profit

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2011, 10:06:15 AM »
But the point is, live studio audiences are nearly as artificial as actual canned laughter.  It's the CBS trademark.

1. Less comedy
2. More laugh track
3. ? ? ?
4. Profit

Well okay, yeah, I'll definitely agree with you there.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2011, 12:51:25 PM »
THE LOVE CAR DISPLACEMENT

4/5

I'm a few days late on this one but I definitely liked it.  I think this is the first time we've seen the entire cast together in the same episode.  Although there was the slumber party episode but I think the boys and girls never actually got together.

There were many little laughs throughout and my favourite was when Howard was talking about "napping" and Raj, who can't talk in front of women, texts Leonard to call Bernadette and tell her that "napping" means "sex".

As soon as Rick Fox showed up and "Bernie" said he was her ex I knew Howard was going to be a douche.  Just shut up and let it go, the past is the past, and it's not like he's in her life every day at work or anything.  But then he always goes too far and does something even dumber like saying "I never thought a guy like me would have to worry about a girl like you getting a guy like him", or something along those lines.  Bernadette is a great girl and he treats her like crap... just like Penny treats Leonard like crap.

Amy seemed a little more "human" in this episode but I still hate her.  Also, with such a big cast, we're seeing less of Sheldon and the core group doing their thing.  They've hardly done any science at all this season and it's becoming more formulaic every week.

Oh well, I still love this show, it'll take an utter disaster for me to feel otherwise.

PS - Penny was on Letterman the same night and she looked awful.  She looked like a Twilight vampire drained all of her blood the way she was made up and dressed.  Her scars were awesome, though, and I had no idea she actually almost lost her leg due to what happened.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2011, 01:14:45 PM »
Also, with such a big cast, we're seeing less of Sheldon and the core group doing their thing.
Actually, I preferred having Leonard as the protagonist of this show and Sheldon being the funny side-kick, like Kramer on Seinfeld. CBS couldn't handle it and OH MY GOD, SHELDON IS THE FUNNY GUY, QUICK, LET'S JUST GIVE HIM TONS OF LINES AND FORGET ABOUT THE REST!

PS - Penny was on Letterman the same night and she looked awful.  She looked like a Twilight vampire drained all of her blood the way she was made up and dressed.  Her scars were awesome, though, and I had no idea she actually almost lost her leg due to what happened.
What happened to her?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 08:45:33 AM by emindead »

Offline jsem

« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2011, 01:19:45 PM »
Penny on Letterman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo6WAn3_r5U

Too little science so far this season. And penny looked like crap in that letterman vid

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2011, 12:05:40 AM »
Actually, I preferred having Leonard as the protagonist of this show and Leonard being the funny side-kick, like Kramer on Seinfeld.

I'm assuming you mean Sheldon as the funny sidekick? If so, yeah, so did I.

Offline Voyage 34

« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2011, 11:14:53 PM »
It seems like as a character Leonerd has changed quite a bit. He's more likable now. Sheldon is my favorite though.
"Thank you god...for making me an atheist."
                                                --Ricky Gervais

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2011, 11:21:45 PM »
It seems like as a character Leonerd has changed quite a bit. He's more likable now. Sheldon is my favorite though.

Was he unlikable at first? I don't remember that.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2011, 11:23:48 PM »
I've seen a few episodes, and these guys are the most surface-level geeks possible.

Offline Voyage 34

« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2011, 11:25:15 PM »

Was he unlikable at first? I don't remember that.

Not really unlikable, but it seems like the character's tone and attitude has sort of changed, which makes me like him more. So I guess that's the qualifier for my previous post; he's become more likable for me.
"Thank you god...for making me an atheist."
                                                --Ricky Gervais