Author Topic: Big Bang Theory - Season 4  (Read 24379 times)

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Big Bang Theory - Season 4
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2010, 09:24:40 AM »
hahahah Neil DeGrasse Tyson is awesome, great cameo.

They've had a lot of cool cameos this season, come to think of it.
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2010, 09:32:54 AM »
none compared to the bug expert from last season though  :metal
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2010, 09:58:28 AM »
I just started watching this show recently, I get the impression that people who watch it think they're really big geeks, but I bet very few people actually recognized him.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2010, 10:24:15 AM »
I just started watching this show recently, I get the impression that people who watch it think they're really big geeks, but I bet very few people actually recognized him.

he is regularly on the daily show, so i'm sure a good amount of people recognize him.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2010, 12:51:31 PM »
One of the best american sitcoms for me, it's great.  :tup

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2010, 01:11:50 PM »
Its a quality show for sure..I liked as part of CBS Monday lineup..I like Rules of Engagement and and How I met your Mother a bit more..
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2010, 02:08:34 PM »
Its a quality show for sure..I liked as part of CBS Monday lineup..I like Rules of Engagement and and How I met your Mother a bit more..

I could never get into Rules of Engagement. The characters just really bother me and I never found it especially funny.
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2010, 02:20:40 PM »

I could never get into Rules of Engagement. The characters just really bother me and I never found it especially funny.

I too had a hard time warming up to RoE, but now I really like it, but I understand your point. to me How I met your Mother is the best show on TV today.
But Big Bang was a good one that lineup..
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2010, 02:49:10 PM »
How i Met your Mother is good, but i've always thought it's a bit too "american"...
Some problems/things in that show is annoying because it's super-hysterical for no reason. :P
Overall my favorite comedy-show would be Coupling.

But now i wont go offtopic more.  :biggrin:

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2010, 02:54:21 PM »
I really, really hate this show and I have no idea how it's gotten so big. Oh well.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2010, 03:57:53 PM »
I really, really hate this show and I have no idea how it's gotten so big. Oh well.
Here is your answer:

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2010, 03:59:34 PM »
I enjoy the show but... am I the only one who thinks she is a pretty bad actress?

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2010, 04:02:27 PM »
Here is your answer:

Touché.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2010, 01:43:28 AM »
THE 21-SECOND EXCITATION

3.5/5

"I informed you thusly!"

"I'm the petty functionary with a clipboard, bitch!"

Overall it was funny but Wil Wheaton was way underused.  If he's in it they'd better damn well have Sheldon and him have an epic battle.  This was almost a waste of time for Wil Wheaton.  Also, Stuart should have been with him at the movie, not Lonely Larry and Captain Sweatpants.

Amy still bugs the f*ck out of me and I wish her character would go away.  Bring back Missy Cooper or Stefanie Barnet or Lesley Winkle or some new hottie that likes Leonard so Penny gets jealous and they get back together again.  Maybe if Amy were a hottie herself I could handle her but, sorry if you're a Blossom fan, she just isn't pretty at all.

I bet 5 years ago Penny never thought she'd be having a slumber party with nerds... she may have had nightmares about it but now she's in it.  Too bad we didn't get Bernadette in a nighty.

I'd love to have a Sheldon commentary track option on some classic nerd movies.

No preview for next week even though it's new.

Offline ScioPath

• the king of dance
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2010, 01:49:13 AM »
I remember absolutely nothing from the beginning half of the episode, but I remember it being lol.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2010, 09:23:54 PM »
Amy still bugs the f*ck out of me and I wish her character would go away.  Bring back Missy Cooper or Stefanie Barnet or Lesley Winkle or some new hottie that likes Leonard so Penny gets jealous and they get back together again.  Maybe if Amy were a hottie herself I could handle her but, sorry if you're a Blossom fan, she just isn't pretty at all.

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of Amy either. In this episode they seemed to be trying to work with her character a bit more, but it still didn't work.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2010, 10:04:53 PM »
Yeah, I'm really not a fan of Amy either. In this episode they seemed to be trying to work with her character a bit more, but it still didn't work.
If anything she's taking AWAY from the Sheldon character... he's losing his uniqueness.  He's no longer special.  One Sheldon is brilliant, which is why maybe they thought "hey, if everyone loves Sheldon, they'll really love TWO Sheldons!"  Stupid Hollywood executive thinking, of course.  Plus, aren't there enough nerds on the show already?  Penny should get a hottie roomate so she's not the odd man out.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2010, 10:39:06 PM »
If anything she's taking AWAY from the Sheldon character... he's losing his uniqueness.  He's no longer special.  One Sheldon is brilliant, which is why maybe they thought "hey, if everyone loves Sheldon, they'll really love TWO Sheldons!"  Stupid Hollywood executive thinking, of course.  Plus, aren't there enough nerds on the show already?  Penny should get a hottie roomate so she's not the odd man out.

The thing is, she isn't really a Sheldon. It sounds weird saying this, but the reason it's easy to like Sheldon is because his whole demeanour is cute. Amy just seems like a robot, completely unhuman and impossible to identify with. Sheldon at least has some human characteristics.

Penny getting a roommate of some sort sounds like a good idea though.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2010, 02:31:27 AM »
How does Penny even afford that place (and buying shoes all day and clothes cuz she doesn't do laundry) working part-time as a waitress and it takes TWO physicists to afford their place?  I even remember Sheldon saying something like, to Leonard, "Frankly if I could afford the rent I'd kick you out."  I know, two bedrooms vs one, but you gotta think Leonard makes at least 5x what Penny would working full-time.

But, yeah, Amy is more robotic than Sheldon, and I never thought I'd be saying that about anyone.  Really, though, if she was a drop-dead hottie then it would create some interesting competition with all the other guys and this might even have made Sheldon jealous.  Yeah, she's Blossom, and really smart, but they shouldn't have solely based her casting on that criteria alone.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2010, 04:07:04 AM »
I really like Amy, I think she's hilarious! And I agree with GL, she is quite different to Sheldon, so I don't think it's more of the same at all.

I loved the latest episode.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2010, 12:19:37 PM »
Yeah, she's Blossom

This is the second time I've seen you say this...what exactly do you mean, she's Blossom?

Offline PetFish

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2010, 01:26:20 AM »
This is the second time I've seen you say this...what exactly do you mean, she's Blossom?

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2010, 09:43:17 AM »
Still clueless. :facepalm:

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »

Offline jsem

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2010, 12:28:11 PM »
Sheldon was epic this episode, I love the WW fued. Amy... ugh, they could do the show without her.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2010, 08:39:22 PM »

Offline PetFish

Offline PetFish

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2010, 10:41:00 PM »
THE BOYFRIEND COMPLEXITY

4.5/5

Really a great episode overall.  Everyone had something to do as it wasn't centred around one character.

I don't know what to make of Penny right now, though, as I feel she really isn't being very nice to Leonard.  She walked out of their relationship, you know, for a fine reason (not rushing into saying "I love you") but there wasn't anything after that.  There was no adult discussion between them about where their relationship is or where it's going, it was just over.  Now she puts Leonard into a bad position by telling her Dad they're back together.  Dad loves him.  Even Penny knows what a great guy Leonard is.  So what's the problem?  Why is she being such a jerk?

I really hope Leonard gets a new girl so Penny feels awful about what she's given up.  We all know it's Ross & Rachel all over again and they will get back together but in the meantime I want Penny to feel sooooo bad for the way she's treating Leonard.

Why does Raj have to get PLASTERED to talk to girls?  It's been shown that he's fine after even one small sip so why can't he just hold it at that?

Anyway, great episode!

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2010, 02:13:21 AM »
Why does Raj have to get PLASTERED to talk to girls?  It's been shown that he's fine after even one small sip so why can't he just hold it at that?

This has always bothered me. It always seems like a cop out, like when he ate that rum cake, for example.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2010, 08:23:07 AM »

This has always bothered me. It always seems like a cop out, like when he ate that rum cake, for example.
Pretty much all sitcoms have running gags, and if it changed people would complain that the series is inconsistent. With Raj, like you say he doesn't need to get plastered, but I think the whole joke is that once he's had a bit of booze, he gets carried away and ends up getting very drunk. I always find it quite entertaining.

I think someone (probably PetFish) mentioned Penny having a reduced role so far this series... just to make sure you're aware, she broke her leg horse-riding so was completely written out of 2 episodes (5 and 6), and her job since then as a bartender has been so that they can film her behind the bar so that the plaster cast on her leg can't be seen. The couple of scenes where she is seen walking normally have been a body double, although I think we've now reached the episodes where she's back to normal.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2010, 12:10:37 PM »
Pretty much all sitcoms have running gags, and if it changed people would complain that the series is inconsistent. With Raj, like you say he doesn't need to get plastered, but I think the whole joke is that once he's had a bit of booze, he gets carried away and ends up getting very drunk. I always find it quite entertaining.

Well yeah, and I'm fine with that. And yeah, he often ends up getting plastered, which is funny. It just bothers me that sometimes his inhibitions disappear after a single sip (or bite, in that one case), which is obviously unrealistic. Just sayin'.

I think someone (probably PetFish) mentioned Penny having a reduced role so far this series... just to make sure you're aware, she broke her leg horse-riding so was completely written out of 2 episodes (5 and 6), and her job since then as a bartender has been so that they can film her behind the bar so that the plaster cast on her leg can't be seen. The couple of scenes where she is seen walking normally have been a body double, although I think we've now reached the episodes where she's back to normal.

Wow, I didn't know that, but there are a lot of scenes that make a lot more sense now that you mention that.

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2010, 12:27:02 PM »
"you didnt even call in the morning"  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

last episode was kind of amazing haha

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2010, 06:30:15 PM »

Well yeah, and I'm fine with that. And yeah, he often ends up getting plastered, which is funny. It just bothers me that sometimes his inhibitions disappear after a single sip (or bite, in that one case), which is obviously unrealistic. Just sayin'.
Ah ok, yeah I agree about that. But then I guess you can just accept it on the basis that his inhibition in talking to women is psychological, so as long as he thinks he has had alcohol, the inhibition will go regardless of whether anything has time to get into his system. Which actually isn't unrealistic at all, a LOT of people will act drunk if they think they've had alcohol. :lol

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2010, 08:40:51 PM »
Yeah, I suppose that's true.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2010, 01:54:58 AM »
It has been shown that Raj's selective mutism is purely psychological cuz it can be beaten with a placebo (ie non-alcoholic beer) and also by the fact that he merely has to take one small sip to overcome it.  So there's absolutely no need for him to get hammered so I wonder why they always go so far with it.

I'm going to stop thinking about it cuz I'm sure they do it purely for the comic value and I'll just leave it at that... but I would prefer to think that for such a genius he'd know when to stop, like when he had that huge job interview and blew it and had to work for Sheldon, and when it was ok to let it go.