Author Topic: "Kill Like A Government" - Underground Hiphop - Support!  (Read 2766 times)

Offline thirdwar

"Kill Like A Government" - Underground Hiphop - Support!
« on: September 24, 2010, 12:54:25 PM »
Whatsup everybody, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this at, but I just released my first mixtape a few days ago, called "Take Your Sedation". I'm an underground revolutionist rapper from Chicago looking to spread my music around the world.

Check it out and drop a comment or press the "Like Button" on a video to let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW--jRm9bXg

or go to https://www.youtube.com/OfficialThirdWar to check out the full mixtape.

Thanks a lot in advance!
-Third War

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
Re: "Kill Like A Government" - Underground Hiphop - Support!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 01:09:22 PM »
You've come to the right forum
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 01:32:20 PM »
I can't wait for the day when anti-government hip hop breaks out of the underground.

Offline NecessaryPain

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 01:34:55 PM »
I appreciate music like this.

I'm a big fan of Immortal Technique, who is probably one of your influences. Mad respect for a guy like that.

Some good stuff!
Pain is temporary. Pride is forever.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 04:35:34 PM »
Yes, a progressive rock/metal forum is the PERFECT place to push hip-hop music.

I'm going to the eye doctor next week, I think I'll have him check out a growth on my leg while I'm at it.

Offline NecessaryPain

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 12:51:01 PM »
Yes, a progressive rock/metal forum is the PERFECT place to push hip-hop music.

Not all of us listen to one type of music. I'd like to think there's a lot of metal/prog fans out there who appreciate good rap music. (not the garbage you see on the TV)

I appreciate it anyhow.

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 01:28:46 PM »

I'm a big fan of Immortal Technique, who is probably one of your influences. Mad respect for a guy like that.

Some good stuff!

Pretty much this -- I enjoyed it. If you want to spread your music around, I suggest making a last.fm page for yourself, OP. If you do so I'll add ya and try and share with a few people.

Not all of us listen to one type of music. I'd like to think there's a lot of metal/prog fans out there who appreciate good rap music. (not the garbage you see on the TV)

I appreciate it anyhow.

Are you new? You'll find that much of the prog fanboys here claim to have open-minded and diverse tastes in music, but they usually just boil down to "prog metal" and "generic metal". Well, nice to have someone like you aboard.

But yeah, OP, I enjoy your work, but expect to get a lot of shit -- if not because your chosen genre is alien to the average forum-goer, then because people who advertise aren't taken kindly to anyway.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 01:32:16 PM »
I did listen to that track, and though hip hop isn't exactly my cup of tea (more for lack of finding much I really like than anything else) I didn't hear anything wrong with your stuff.

I would probably have a lot of fun seeing stuff like that live.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 01:35:54 PM »
It is pretty weird to come to a prog-metal forum solely to advertise a hip hop project.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 01:37:05 PM »

Some good stuff!

Pretty much this -- I enjoyed it. If you want to spread your music around, I suggest making a last.fm page for yourself, OP. If you do so I'll add ya and try and share with a few people.

I appreciate it anyhow.

Are you new? You'll find that much of the prog fanboys here claim to have open-minded and diverse tastes in music, but they usually just boil down to "prog metal" and "generic metal". Well, nice to have someone like you aboard.

But yeah, OP, I enjoy your work, but expect to get a lot of shit -- if not because your chosen genre is alien to the average forum-goer, then because people who advertise aren't taken kindly to anyway.

To be fair, even though there are some rap fans here, it doesn't make too much sense to post it on a DT forum. Especially when people just sign up here to promote their music. I'm sure he'd get a much warmer reaction if he posted around first.

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 01:48:14 PM »
I totally get that. I am annoyed by the whole "sign up, advertise and leave" factor.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 02:16:59 PM »
I never claimed to be open minded about my musical tastes.  My assholeism is more or less directed as the fact that he's a noob.  If an established member plugged his own rap project, I'd be completely cool with it (hell, I'd even give it a shot).  I don't really care for shameless plugs by noobs, but I can at least tolerate such a transgression if the cross-appeal is at least reasonable.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 04:11:10 PM »
I like it dude. Keep it up :tup

DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline thirdwar

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 07:37:07 AM »
Thanks a lot for all the feedback guys! I really do appreciate it.

To address the people talking about me being a noob and coming here and posting my music... I apologize that it has to be done this way, but to avoid being signed by some major record label that will inhibit my creativity, I have to distribute my music independently, on the streets and on the internet. I'm not some bot going around posting everywhere, I'm taking my time and doing this manually. So once again, I'm sorry to invade your forum (if that's how you look at it), but it's what I have to do to get my music around the world.

For everyone that enjoys what I've posted, thanks A LOT! I'm glad you all liked it. If your interested, I just dropped a new song called "Palm" on my youtube profile not too long ago, if you get some free time, check it out.

-Third War

Offline jsem

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 12:21:30 PM »
I don't like this too much, but it's definitely better, by a country mile, than most mainstream hiphop...

Offline NecessaryPain

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 12:28:02 PM »
You've definitely got some skills man, keep it up!

Underground hip hop > anything you find on the TV.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 08:48:39 PM »
I appreciate well written rhymes, though I don't listen to hip hop that much; I like this man, keep it up.