Author Topic: Cee Lo Green  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Slain

Cee Lo Green
« on: September 24, 2010, 11:17:02 AM »
Fuck You - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc0mxOXbWIU

Also known for his work with Gnarls Barkley. Pretty cool, imo. I wish more popular music was like this.
Quote from: MarlaHooch
Just amazing.  DT should count their lucky stars that some of their fans are at this level of unconditional cult worship.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

Re: Cee Lo Green
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 11:42:42 AM »
St Elsewhere is a brilliant album. The Odd Couple was so-so.

His first two solo albums had a sprinkling of good songs across them. There's a GREAT song on his first album called Young Man (Sierra's Song), and on his second album called I'll Be Around, which guest stars Timbaland.

Hopefully, Fuck You is a sign of what the whole album's gonna be like, rather than just the highlight.

He's also in one of my favourite songs, Do You Like the Way, with Lauryn Hill on Santana's Supernatural.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 11:47:12 AM »
He has a really cool voice, and seems like a cool guy, too.  But he needs better song titles.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 11:51:11 AM »
Fuck you, Orbert.  :-*

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 02:38:14 PM »
But seriously, naming a song "Fuck You"?  If he was doing it to be edgy or artsy or whatever, bummer, because people have been doing that since the 70's (Jefferson Starship: "Fuck you, we do what we want!" though that was a line in the song, not the title).  If he was doing it for the media attention a title like that would obviously gather, that's weak, too.

If the song is a serious "fuck you" song and that's how he feels and that's what he wanted to name the song, and he doesn't give a fuck who it offends or what the censors or the media think, then I actually respect that.  But it's hard to tell.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 04:44:55 PM »
It isn't like a "I'm so rebellious, fuck you" kind of song. It's a fun upbeat song. Which might seem contradictory, but it really works. I'm not sure he actually wrote the song, his next solo album has a lot of collaborations with outside writers apparently.

But I know what you mean though, using that as a title instantly carries a lot of connotations.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 05:16:14 PM »
Fuck You - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc0mxOXbWIU

Also known for his work with Gnarls Barkley. Pretty cool, imo. I wish more popular music was like this.

Love the song, it's been my ring tone for a few weeks now.

I still have to check out the rest of his work.