Author Topic: Transatlantic official bootleg DVD  (Read 1536 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Transatlantic official bootleg DVD
« on: September 23, 2010, 03:50:46 PM »
Anyone else here have it?  What are your thoughts?

For me, I love it.  Some of the fan footage toward the beginning was a bit offputting at first because of the lighting.  But overall, it's just an absolutely terrific DVD.  Perhaps my favorite moment is Shine On when they're arguing backstage about whether to spontaneously whip it out and play it, and Pete is the lone holdout because he doesn't know it.  They finally persuade him to give it a go and then promptly butcher it.  I love that none of them know the lyrics:

"You, uh... [mumble, mumble, something, something, something...  [everybody then chimes in in full voice]  SHINE!  ON!  YOU CRAZY!  DI-I-IAMOND!"  :lol

Second favorite moment: Pete jumps on Neal's keyboard rig and starts improvving a really cool solo.  Neal reaches around Pete and starts playing Pete's bass.  Pete keeps playing.  Neal:  "Pete Trewevas, everyone!"  Crowd cheers.  Pete keeps right on playing.  Neal:  "No, really, Pete.  That's enough."  :lol
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 04:09:26 PM by bösk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: Transatlantic official bootleg DVD
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 04:04:44 PM »
Sounds like Pete got him back for making him play SOYCD
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 04:42:55 PM »
Hmmm... I've seen you post about this here before... oh...

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=11939.0

:lol Just messin around... but really, it's a damn good DVD and a great companion to the Live In Europe DVD set. I love all the moments on there, even the more mundane ones. I hope the bonus DVD footage on the upcoming release is just as...shall we say, in depth. :lol

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 04:46:39 PM »
Oh yeah...
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 04:59:55 PM »
At any rate, I highly recommend this DVD to fans of TA. I'm not sure how high (or low) the production was on this Official Bootleg DVD, but I'd like to think every die-hard TA fan SHOULD have one.

Of note, I also quite enjoy the complete performance of DWTD from Berlin. A great insight to the early shows of the (short) tour.

I wish they had video of them having to replay a certain section of DWTD from one show they did where they fell apart during the song. I have that bootleg somewhere on audio...it's quite funny. Either Mike or Neal say something to the band and the launch right into this short instrumental section and they finally play it right!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 05:38:53 PM »
I bought it at the show last April but I don't think I have actually ever watched it. Hmm...

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 05:47:25 PM »
You should.  Like I said, the quality is a bit offputting in the beginning.  But (1) it's still really cool; (2) you get used to it; (3) the quality varies quite a bit and there is much better quality stuff later on; nad (4) there is so much cool stuff that the entire thing is worth watching.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 05:50:24 PM »
You should.  Like I said, the quality is a bit offputting in the beginning.  But (1) it's still really cool; (2) you get used to it; (3) the quality varies quite a bit and there is much better quality stuff later on; nad (4) there is so much cool stuff that the entire thing is worth watching.

I think I'll check it out tonight. The tracklist looks great. Will report back in later with my thoughts.  :hat