Author Topic: Metal Blade to reissue OSI's first album (2CD)  (Read 1960 times)

Offline The Letter M

Metal Blade to reissue OSI's first album (2CD)
« on: September 17, 2010, 02:12:50 PM »
https://www.districtlines.com/20164-Office-of-Strategic-Influence-CD/Metal-Blade-Records

According to this page - https://kikaxemusic.com/news/hard-rock-and-metal/item/1620-metal-blade-to-reissue-osis-2003-album-office-of-strategic-influence - the reissue's bonus disc has different videos than the original Limited Edition of the album. The original Limited Edition digipak included in-studio footage of the recording of various songs:
"Hello, Helicopter", "Head", "When You're Ready", "Memory Daydreams Lapses", and "The New Math (What He Said) / OSI"

The reissue release includes 3 new videos, "approximately 19 minutes long and includes a concept piece directed and edited by Kevin Moore for Horseshoes and B-52's as well as two separate documentary style clips shot at Carriage House Studios during the recording of the album."

Fans of the band might want to hop on this reissue if they missed out on the first album's Limited Edition - also, if you care enough about it, and you bought the original Limited Edition, maybe get this one too for the new whole 19 minutes of video material.

Either way, I didn't see anyone mention this, so, here it is.

-Marc.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 02:28:56 PM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
Re: Metal Blade to reissue OSI's first album (2CD, with 19 mins. of new video)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 02:16:50 PM »
I've seen the Horseshoes and B52's video, it's pretty neat. I never really enjoyed that album as much as the other two, though. So I might have to pass on this.

Offline The Letter M

Re: Metal Blade to reissue OSI's first album (2CD)
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 02:28:40 PM »
I've seen the Horseshoes and B52's video, it's pretty neat. I never really enjoyed that album as much as the other two, though. So I might have to pass on this.

Just realized...that video is on the first disc of the original limited edition/regular edition release... so... is ANY of the reissue new at all? Or is the rest of the multimedia section not new, i.e. the 5 videos from the original 2nd disc?

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 07:58:55 PM »
I already own the limited edition so I really don't need this.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 08:09:19 PM »
Awesome, the first OSI disk is the only OSI album I don't physically own.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 08:13:15 PM »

This would be the ONLY reason for anyone to purchase this re-issue.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 08:15:18 PM »

Indeed. The wording of articles I found about the reissue made it seem the bonus features were different, but I do not think they are at all.

-Marc.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 08:19:18 PM »

Indeed. The wording of articles I found about the reissue made it seem the bonus features were different, but I do not think they are at all.

-Marc.

Nope, tracklist is exactly the same.  I'm pretty sure the original Special edition had multimedia stuff too.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 08:42:04 PM »

-Marc.

Nope, tracklist is exactly the same.  I'm pretty sure the original Special edition had multimedia stuff too.

I checked my Limited Edition today, and the first disc has the "Horseshoes And B52's" video, and the second disc has 5 videos of behind-the-scenes/documentary-type videos, but the press releases say there's 2 videos, not five... so that's what confused me at first, but I'm sure they're just doing a straight up re-release.

Also, I wonder why Mike never released an OSI drum-cam video. I'd totally buy that - I actually enjoy his drumming on the first OSI album a lot, and from the videos on the 2nd disc of the Limited Edition, he did have a camera set-up in the drum room as he recorded his parts.

-Marc.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 11:25:18 PM »
I have the first OSI album already, although it's the regular edition. I don't think I'll buy this. I rarely watch "making of" videos and I would prefer to hear some original songs instead of covers.