Poll

Which one do you like better?

Outcry instrumental section
The Gates of delirium instrumental section

Author Topic: Outcry instrumental section vs. The Gates of delirium instrumental section  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Mladen

I've been wanting to create this poll for quite a while. The similarity between these two instrumentals struck me somehow. They're arguably among the crazier and wilder instrumental sections for both bands, and both seem to represent a fight, a battle, something very dramatic.

I adore both but I decided eventually to go with The Gates of delirium. It was incredibly hard to choose, though. What do you say?

Offline Unlegit

The Gates of Delirium is one of my favorite Yes songs, and Outcry can't compare to it, either in one part or as a whole.

Offline emblempride

• Scammy Flammy Mammy
  • You're just like a motorcycle, too tired
Outcry's instrumental section is probably my favorite part in all of ADTOE and I really love it. But The Gates of Delirium is so.... Majestic in it's hecticness ;). No contest
"Hey guys" - Gregg Turkington

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
I'm going to have to go with Outcry since its flow is fantastic.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Pols Voice

• Did ya see the latest Nintendo newsletter?
The Gates of Delirium is one of the best songs of all time, and the instrumental section is just so awesome, crazy, and ambitious. So it wins.
WHOA, NICE GRAPHICS!

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
Gates of Delirium is my favourite Yes instrumental section. Outcry is my 2nd favourite DT instrumental section. Can't choose.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Outcry is a great DT song, but The Gates of Delirium is one of my favorite pieces of music ever.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
I love Relayer, and I love The Gates of Delirium.  Though I like Sound Chaser better because it's so freaking weird.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
Just listened to Relayer last night, and as crazy as Outcry's instrumental section is, it can't compare to the sheer insanity of Gates of Delirium. I'm pretty sure Outcry is more technically demanding, but Gates is a totally different kind of madness.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.