Author Topic: Talk About Overindulgence And Going Overboard  (Read 5576 times)

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
Talk About Overindulgence And Going Overboard
« on: September 06, 2010, 01:41:48 PM »
Quote from: Blic Online
According to Blic Online, GUNS N' ROSES' rider for the band's September 23 performance in Belgrade, Serbia includes singer Axl Rose's request for the his dressing room to all black and decorated with fresh roses. He has also reportedly asked to have champagne, vodka, tequila, red wine and beer available in the room.

Axl's dressing room must include dark shades while the interior furnishing has to include a bed, a sofa, a coffee table, six lamps and a rug. To break the dominant dark tones, Axl has insisted that the band's private quarters be decorated with fresh roses — 18 of red and white each.

According to Blic Online, "the rider precisely states what the organizers need to provide when it comes to catering, and the list includes black napkins, a blender, a juice maker, a tea kettle, paper tissues, 18 glasses for wine and champagne, 15 glasses for stiff drinks, 40 paper glasses, six cutlery sets, two bottle openers and corkscrews, as well as one large and two smaller bread knives. As for food, and especially drinks, the requirements are even more precise, with Axl demanding salt and pepper mills, olive oil, Balsamico vinegar, soy sauce, two bear-shaped tubes of honey, exact brands of white, red wine and vodka, Patron Anejo tequila and Jose Cuervo mixed cocktail drink. Moreover, the organizers will need to come up with six bottles of Lucky Budha beer and as many bottles of Grolsch and Checkvar beers. As for non-alcoholic drinks, the rider includes Red Bull, Coca-Cola, 7 Up, a carton of orange juice, as well as Pellegrino mineral water and Smart Water. In addition to fresh fruit — bananas, apples, strawberries, raspberries, water melons, mangos and grapefruits — the band will have at its disposal carrot, celery, cucumbers, various kinds of crackers, seven kinds of cheese, strawberry jam, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, white bread, while the rockers will enjoy a dinner with the menu comprising roast chicken, two portions of medium rare filet mignon, Cesar salad, four cheeseburgers and a spinach salad."

Oh Axl Rose, what will we do with you? And to quote one of the comments: "No wonder they are always late on stage."

:facepalm:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 02:10:39 PM by Birch Boy »

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
Re: Talk About Overindulgence And Going Overboard
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »
Anything for the greatest musician of our time.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 01:45:59 PM »
He's not the only one but yea,  it can get out of control.  ego alaways gets in the way and Axle shows us again why nobody want's to deal with him.   Just imagine if he could put his ego aside and Slash and the boys work on something?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 01:46:11 PM »

That honor belongs to Kanye West.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 01:48:42 PM »

That honor belongs to Kanye West.

Then he should fire his wardobe staff and hairdresser.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 01:50:25 PM »
I've always wondered the percentage of shit they request that actually gets thrown away and never used. Probably a good 80-90%.

Offline moffatt

• Lost fanboi
  • Head & Shoulders > L'oreal
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 01:55:08 PM »
I actually thread the title and knew it would be Axl. I wish he would just quit this business.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 01:57:07 PM »
I've always wondered the percentage of shit they request that actually gets thrown away and never used. Probably a good 80-90%.

Whenever I think of this I think of this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ardysVzHwSA

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 01:57:32 PM »

I thought the same thing. I mean, even heavy alcoholics can't drink the amount of alcohol they requested.

Then again, since they seem to play only one show a year or so, maybe they are stocking up for till the next show. Like free groceries.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 02:03:31 PM »
This thread should be called "Talk about wasting value, spitting in the face of morality with the only justification being your pampered, undeserved success through a bunch of revering bootlickers, possessing an astronomically ridiculous sense of self-entitlement, and deserving to be shot"

He's not a musician.  He's a celebrity.  This is what ruins music. 

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 02:06:55 PM »
Found a whole slew of riders:

https://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstage

DMX asking for 3 boxes of condoms is one of my favorites. Enjoy.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 02:36:07 PM »

Well said.

Just imagine if he could put his ego aside and Slash and the boys work on something?

Do we really want that though? The damage has been done and they have a legacy that I personally don't want tarnished by a half-assed reunion album. Quite honestly, if the original lineup reunited, I wouldn't have much faith in the quality of the material. It's just been too long.

I actually thread the title and knew it would be Axl. I wish he would just quit this business.

Awesome typo is awesome.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 02:38:59 PM »
loljk axl blows

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 02:42:01 PM »
And blows hard.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 02:43:56 PM »
You guys shut your shit. Axl Rose is a great man and a phenomenal musical force. You guys just be hatin on him.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 02:47:06 PM »
To be fair, his rider is pretty much right in line with a performer of his [stunningly unwarranted] caliber.  I've certainly seen a lot worse.  And while I think he's a talentless asshole, there are clearly some promoters out there willing to indulge him.    
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 02:48:44 PM »
 Gadough, I was never a fan of the band but, Slash still puts out quality music(see his new solo album) and there is a lot of fans clamering for it.  Axle is the X factor here.  

Also, their legacy is realy 2 1/2 albums.  Seems silly to me to not want a person to make a living over their "legacy".  I don't think it will happen but I would not hold it against them.

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 03:43:04 PM »
To be honest, these extravagances make Axl what he is. Which is awesome.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 03:44:09 PM »
Axl is not awesome, at all. He becomes awesome with a reunited GnR. Until then, he is a douche worthy of no respect other than a few years of good music.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 04:23:12 PM »
That's nothing compared the elton john rider, that baby was 17 pages of very clear instructions. One of which was that he didn't want to step on any concrete. We had to carpet the walkway from the dressing room to the stage.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 12:41:43 AM »

I don't know, but I used to work at a Theater and our managers would find contractual reasons to scratch-off like 80 percent of requests, usually those for top-shelf liquor and the like.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 07:24:37 AM »

I don't know, but I used to work at a Theater and our managers would find contractual reasons to scratch-off like 80 percent of requests, usually those for top-shelf liquor and the like.

Where I worked, we got everything within our power. Everything left over the crew ate.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 12:23:14 PM »
I've heard that some bands get really specific with their riders because they want to make sure the venue knows what they're doing. If they forget something on the rider, they're likely to forget something important. That's why Van Halen was always super ridiculous with it.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 01:10:15 PM »
Axl is an ass.  But so are a lot of other celebrities.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 01:14:10 PM »
I've heard that some bands get really specific with their riders because they want to make sure the venue knows what they're doing. If they forget something on the rider, they're likely to forget something important. That's why Van Halen was always super ridiculous with it.

No brown M&M's and herring in sour cream.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 02:03:19 PM »
The Foo Fighters one was the best, check it out.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2010, 06:52:54 PM »
The Foo Fighters one was the best, check it out.
:rollin
That's pretty fuckin' awesome.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 07:37:57 AM »
Who pays for all that any way... I mean besides the fans.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 08:19:08 AM »
I remember when Iron Maiden came to Serbia last year. What they wanted to get was a couple of beers, some fried chicken, and some domestic alcoholic drinks. That's what I call a band. I'm so glad I'm not a fan of Guns & Roses, and I certainly won't be attending that gig - I'd rather save my money and travel to see Spock's beard in Hungary a couple of days later. Geez, Axl is such an idiot, how could anyone defend him. What the hell is he going to do with all those roses?

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 08:33:19 AM »
What the hell is he going to do with all those roses?

Place guns next to them and giggle to himself.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 11:15:20 PM »
What the hell is he going to do with all those roses?
He needs something to cushion his massively giant ego.

Offline TL

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2010, 05:49:38 PM »
I remember when Iron Maiden came to Serbia last year. What they wanted to get was a couple of beers, some fried chicken, and some domestic alcoholic drinks. That's what I call a band. I'm so glad I'm not a fan of Guns & Roses, and I certainly won't be attending that gig - I'd rather save my money and travel to see Spock's beard in Hungary a couple of days later. Geez, Axl is such an idiot, how could anyone defend him. What the hell is he going to do with all those roses?
Speaking of;
https://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/maiden-keep-it-simple-on-tour_1161659

Rockers IRON MAIDEN are shunning the trappings of fame - they've scaled down their backstage rider to a simple list of tuna sandwiches and a few beers.

The Number of the Beast hitmakers are disgusted by bands who insist on their dressing room being stuffed with expensive food, mountains of booze, and bouquets of flowers.

So they only demand some bread, butter and tuna - and guests are told to make their own snacks if they are hungry.

Frontman Bruce DICkinson tells Britain's The Sun, "I loathe all the celebrity c**p - all the minders, the backstage b**locks. We hate it all. We are all about the music. If we could beam ourselves back home after a show, we'd go to the shops as if nothing had happened. The rest is just fluff. It's nice but it's b**locks in the grand scheme of things.

"We got rid of most of our rider. We just have three loaves of white bread, some butter, a tin of tuna fish and some beers. People come backstage looking for the spread of food and we say, 'Go make yourself a sandwich'. And we don't want vases of flowers. Do we look like the sort of blokes who have flowers in their dressing room?"
That's pretty awesome.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2010, 08:50:28 PM »
:birch:

Offline TL

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2010, 11:55:18 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9F2dt9iwfw
James Hetfield reads Axl's tour rider.