Author Topic: Styx... with the Contemporary Youth Orchestra and Choir  (Read 1289 times)

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
Styx... with the Contemporary Youth Orchestra and Choir
« on: September 05, 2010, 05:55:38 PM »
Has anyone seen this??  I'm watching it now on HDN.. and WOW!!!!!  What a spectacular show!  I listened a lot too Styx back in the late 70's early 80's, but I've never seen them live.  Seeing this show reminded me how extremely talented they are, and just renewed me as a fan.  The Youth Orchestra is just awesome!!    They are so into the music, just rocking out!  Wish DT would have used these kids on Score..... :metal :metal :metal

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Styx... with the Contemporary Youth Orchestra and Choir
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 06:06:20 PM »
It's a great show. The band is on that night.  BTW did you know they are touring this fall doing The Grand Illusion/Pieces of Eight albums in full.  I'd love to see them.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 06:18:46 PM »
I didn't know that... thanks for the headsup!  Hopefully they havent hit here yet!  Those 2 albums are the BEST!!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 06:20:44 PM »
Check out the tour section CS!

https://www.styxworld.com/
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 11:35:37 PM »
Saw a bit of Styx at a free show they were playing at the NY State Fair.  They sound spot on!

Offline ich bin besser

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 07:23:16 AM »
The live DVD is in my TOP 3 of all my music DVDs. Puts a smile on my face every time. So much energy and fun.  :tup :tup

Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste