Author Topic: Music Mashup by Rock Sugar  (Read 1196 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Music Mashup by Rock Sugar
« on: September 02, 2010, 04:49:25 PM »
I heard this on the radio on a morning show and it had me laughing my ass of.  It is realy good.  The bands name is called Rock Sugar. You'll think it's just a cover song but give it a chance.  It will surprise you.  Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr4HffbAUTk
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 04:56:41 PM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Music Mashup by Rock Sugar
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 04:57:45 PM »
Mods, sorry.  I put this in the wrong forum.  Could you move this to the music section?  Thanks!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 10:27:56 PM »
NICE.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 09:37:00 AM »
Extremely cool mashup and their other ones are pretty cool also.

That said, there is something about these guys that rubs me the wrong way.  The first time I heard of them was on a show called Private Chefs of Beverly Hills on the Food Network.  They were having the chefs cater their CD release party and they had to have everything done by a specific time, for X number of guests, etc.  The singer and the tool guitarist come in, bug them in the kitchen and more or less ask to have the chefs prepare meals for them for lunch, which set the chefs way back on getting the dinner catering done.  Then the manager is giving the chefs hell all night, because they're running behind, etc.  :lol

I can't realy see a big huge career coming from taking two completely different songs and somehow merging them.  It's creative as hell, but I can't see making a career out of it.

Either way though, the songs are great.  They do an excellent job.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 11:26:27 AM »
No kidding.  I didn't know they were on that show.  I agree they are limited but it is a cool idea.  Heaven & Heaven had me in stiches.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Rock Sugar
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 02:14:17 PM »
I'm not sure how I never heard of these guys.  Just amazing.  We now have a perfect use for this emoticon:  :metalol:  In fact, I may even change the code for it.

Don't Stop The Sandman - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr4HffbAUTk
Dreaming Of A Whole Lotta Breakfast - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFG-CZrgpCk
Shook Me Like A Prayer  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpNrqxBWxQM
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Rock Sugar
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 02:16:33 PM »
I think you missed my earlier thread on this one bosk1.  I loved it and showed all my friends.

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=16233.0

Not too many responses here though.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Rock Sugar
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 02:25:25 PM »
Oh yeah.  Didn't see that.  Topics merged.  :D
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ich bin besser

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 03:17:06 PM »
I have that CD. It's really cool! Not every song works perfectly, but these guys are very talented, especially the singer. Recommended!!
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste