Author Topic: Disturbed - Asylum  (Read 4297 times)

Offline moffatt

• Lost fanboi
  • Head & Shoulders > L'oreal
Re: Disturbed - Asylum
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2010, 01:34:22 PM »
Halfway through the album atm. Not anything spectacular, still a good album. Liked all of their albums. And going to see them in December.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2010, 11:24:43 PM »
Anyone listened to the Living After Midnight cover? I like the little Painkiller drum pattern Mike does at the beginning.

I've listen to this album about 3-4 times now, and I like it more than Indestructible as of right now.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2010, 05:01:54 AM »
They still have not topped their debut. It's not that their stuff is bad, but they just don't change things up enough.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
I bought it from Amazon MP3. I like it. It's a little more melodic like Believe, but has a riffier edge. Not a huge growth to their sound at all, but they went forward a little. Solid record.

The U2 cover is ok, but they missed the point of the tune. That song is the message and the vocal delivering that message. The music in the original complemented the vocal line by being sorta sweeping and light.

By Disturbed doing it heavy rock style, and the drums being way overblown on it, they screw up the whole vibe of the song. It's not horrible, but it just sounds like to me, that Disturbed forgot the meaning of the song and why the music was the way it was. That song is about Bono's vocal and delivery, not a rocker song.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!