Author Topic: LiveNation Survey Hinting At System Of A Down And Soundgarden Tours?  (Read 2381 times)

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
I was just taking a LiveNation survey, and towards the end, they asked, "How big of a fan are you of Soundgarden and System Of A Down?", "How big of a fan of Soundgarden and System Of A Down were you four years ago?" and "How interested would you be in seeing Soundgarden and System Of A Down live?", etc... (each of the bands had their own answer row; they didn't mean seeing both bands at once).

Now, is this just a coincidence that they asked about seeing (probably) the biggest reunion of the year, and the (speculative) also huge reunion of System Of A Down, and that they were wondering if I'd be interested in seeing them because both bands are planning/going to be planning tours? I for one hope that I'm right in thinking that this means that tours are being planned for both bands (again, they didn't mean both bands at once, each band had their own answer choices). Thoughts?

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
Re: LiveNation Survey Hinting At System Of A Down And Soundgarden Tours?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 05:36:45 PM »
I would love to see SOAD live.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 06:09:24 PM »
As would I. But I can't help but think that that's a coincidence that two huuuge reunion bands that everyone is waiting for to announce tours is being hinted at by LiveNation themselves.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 06:53:27 PM »
Soundgarden!  :metal

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 07:37:54 PM »
I think it's pretty clear already that Soundgarden is going to tour. The plans just haven't been finalized/announced. And yes, I would LOVE to see them.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 07:39:51 PM »
I would shit my pants in happiness if SOAD reunited. But until I hear it straight from their mouths, I'm not going to let any rumor or wild speculation get my hopes up.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline DarkEternalNight

• I take the "the" out of psychotherapist
  • GODDDD ISSSS DEAAADDDD
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 07:43:36 PM »
I'm almost positive the SOAD reunion is next year. Shavo said "See you next year!" and Serj said when, not if so if it's gotta be soon. Shavo also said the reason they went on hiatus is because people in the band started getting money and wanting to sound like something specific (Daron singing) so they did that to prevent a permanent breakup.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 08:53:45 PM »
I think it's pretty clear already that Soundgarden is going to tour. The plans just haven't been finalized/announced. And yes, I would LOVE to see them.
Yeah, I was implying for them, it wouldn't be the question of if the reunion was going to happen, it'd be to take it one step farther and to announce a tour, but for SOAD, it'd be announcing both.

I would shit my pants in happiness if SOAD reunited. But until I hear it straight from their mouths, I'm not going to let any rumor or wild speculation get my hopes up.
I don't like getting my hopes up over rumors either, but look at the source... LiveNation, the official head of tours, and look at the (coincidentally chosen, I think not) bands that everyone wanted to get back together and tour, and look at LiveNation asking: "Would you be interested in seeing [band] live?" It's hard to deny that it's definitely a possibility.

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 06:10:47 AM »
SoaD better get back to usual business, I saw Serj Tankian live last week and it was terrible. He even had the Metropole Orchestra behind him, but it just wasn't good at all. Horrible, horrible songs.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 12:02:11 PM »
SoaD better get back to usual business, I saw Serj Tankian live last week and it was terrible. He even had the Metropole Orchestra behind him, but it just wasn't good at all. Horrible, horrible songs.

Funny because Serj's songs are more musical and are great. Especially his new songs, you need an orchestra to complete the songs.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Jakartabassplayer

• John Cleese's evil step brother
  • "THEY just drop"
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 01:56:10 PM »
I'm actually hoping that Soundgarden isn't going to tour untill next year because I don't have any money.
 :-[
Kipfilet is het borstdeel van de kip. Kenmerk van kipfilet is dat deze vetarm en lichtverteerbaar is.
I assume it's because you're awesome.
And JBP is yet again drunk  :lol

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 01:59:00 PM »
I'm actually hoping that Soundgarden isn't going to tour untill next year because I don't have any money.
 :-[
At one point I was in four hundred dollars of debt to my mom (and her credit card) for concerts... to me they're the most important thing I could spend my money on, and there's really nothing like the experience of hearing live music at a concert with the atmosphere and vibe of the anticipation, and the crowd and everything. And you never know, you might say "I'll see them next time," and there might not be a next time. That's how I look at it.

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 07:11:34 PM »

Was his voice fine though?