Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 12730 times)

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2010, 05:03:22 PM »
I love how this show is done. It's so much more about people surviving than it is about zombies. It reminds me to World War Z, one of my very favorite books.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2010, 05:32:38 PM »
I was going to say it has more of a Stand vibe to me, if The Stand had zombies in it lol

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2010, 06:25:14 PM »
This just in:  Figures released today confirm that “The Walking Dead” has broken ratings records, with the series reaching more viewers 18-49 than any other show in the history of cable television. The Oct 31 premiere also had record-breaking premiere ratings in 120 countries in Europe, Latin America, Asia and The Middle East.

Wow!
This also just in: SEASON II!

https://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2010/11/season-2-renewal.php

AMC actually ordered season 2 about a month ago. Sounds good to me!
That kind of makes the part where it says, "AMC announced today the renewal of The Walking Dead for a 13-episode second season." confusing.

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2010, 12:51:37 PM »
Bear McCreary did the music for this series. And I didn't think it could get more awesome!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2010, 02:31:43 PM »
This series is incredible! Completely digging that the characters and thier development are carrying this rather than special effects and zombies, I like how they are second nature to the story. Every aspect from this show has been top notch to this point, yes the soundtrack could improve but that is easily overlooked IMO.

SPOILERS:

I found it interesting that Shane told Ricks wife he was dead when in fact he wasn't. Could this mean that they were having an affair before all of this happened? I haven't read the books so I don't know.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2010, 02:33:18 PM »
I can't really get into the characters all that well but we'll see how this progresses.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2010, 02:47:15 PM »
This series is incredible! Completely digging that the characters and thier development are carrying this rather than special effects and zombies, I like how they are second nature to the story. Every aspect from this show has been top notch to this point, yes the soundtrack could improve but that is easily overlooked IMO.

SPOILERS:

I found it interesting that Shane told Ricks wife he was dead when in fact he wasn't. Could this mean that they were having an affair before all of this happened? I haven't read the books so I don't know.
Having not read the novels either, I think that she was pissed off because Shane said Rick was dead just so he could get in her pants. Watching Shane sit out in the rain made me feel kind of bad for him (even though he is acting like he's the king and is a jerk for taking it out on that one guy), but if he knew that Rick wasn't dead then I won't feel sorry for him at all.

The ending this week was fantastic. I thought it would take longer for Rick to find his wife and son. The show really kind of changes now.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2010, 03:18:48 PM »
Having not read the novels either, I think that she was pissed off because Shane said Rick was dead just so he could get in her pants. Watching Shane sit out in the rain made me feel kind of bad for him (even though he is acting like he's the king and is a jerk for taking it out on that one guy), but if he knew that Rick wasn't dead then I won't feel sorry for him at all.

The ending this week was fantastic. I thought it would take longer for Rick to find his wife and son. The show really kind of changes now.

Yeah Shane sitting in the rain with the 'storm' brewing behind him was very symbolic and just another example of how the subtle unwritten things really enhance a series/movie etc. And you're right, she was extremly ticked off so I suppose that would indicate that their 'affair' began after everything went down. I like the fact they didn't waste to much time in ending Rick's search and reunion with his family just for the reason you stated, it changes the dynamic of everything now. Not only will Rick be diligently protecting his family but as he demonstrated, he will be balancing his percieved duty to everyone else as well along with it. How he seperates the two in the future will be interesting to see.
  Bummed there's only 3 episodes left but stoked that the second season is 13 episodes. Anyone know when the 2nd season will air? I've yet to look into it. 

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2010, 03:46:20 PM »
Ladt night's episode sucked.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2010, 03:58:30 PM »
Ladt night's episode sucked.
I guess it's a matter of perspective. If you're looking for non stop zombie chase and kill scenes then it appears that this show isn't for you. If you're looking for a deeper underlying story other than 'run it's a zombie' then you're gonna like the series. I'd like to trump your comment with 'Last nights episode rocked!' :metal

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2011, 11:53:54 AM »
Watched the first episode last night, and it was really good.
Overall tense, especially the ending with 3 billion zombies everywhere.  :P

Is there any explanation later on about what happend?
Like how the zombies 'appeared'?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2011, 11:55:18 AM »
Watched the first episode last night, and it was really good.
Overall tense, especially the ending with 3 billion zombies everywhere.  :P

Is there any explanation later on about what happend?
Like how the zombies 'appeared'?
Yes.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2011, 11:12:56 AM »
Figured that's the thread for the first season since the recent one is titled second season and I wanted to avoid spoilers.
3 episodes so far. De-fuckin-licious show :D
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2011, 11:32:03 AM »
Figured that's the thread for the first season since the recent one is titled second season and I wanted to avoid spoilers.
It only gets better!
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2011, 11:40:39 AM »
It only gets better!

?

I thought the majority opinion was that the show peaked with its first episode.  Certainly what I think.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2011, 11:41:55 AM »
It only gets better!

?

I thought the majority opinion was that the show peaked with its first episode.  Certainly what I think.

I find this post to be very contrived.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2011, 11:45:33 AM »
It only gets better!

?

I find it to be A CHUNK OF DOG SHIT.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2011, 11:46:54 AM »
It only gets better!

?

More like hard on the outside, soupy on the inside dog shit.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2011, 12:26:24 PM »
I thought this thread was about the "Warned and Banned"... aka the walking dead..LOL.

Im a zombie.. LOL..
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2011, 12:28:21 PM »
LOL me too LOL

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2011, 01:16:58 PM »
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2011, 07:11:17 PM »
It only gets better!

?

More like hard on the outside, soupy on the inside dog shit.

ResultsMayVary is correct. It just keeps getting better.
I almost regularly skip reading GuineaPig's posts when they're about a T.V show. No disrespect but it's always negative, always condescending and therefore a turn off.
Almost done with season 1.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2011, 07:27:25 PM »
Eh, it all comes down to taste.  I'm certainly not universally (or even mostly) negative about TV - I'm on record as saying that as a medium, television is far outstripping movies in terms of quality.  There are a lot of great TV shows; The Walking Dead just isn't one of them, imo.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2011, 07:35:45 PM »
Eh, it all comes down to taste.  I'm certainly not universally (or even mostly) negative about TV - I'm on record as saying that as a medium, television is far outstripping movies in terms of quality.  There are a lot of great TV shows; The Walking Dead just isn't one of them, imo.

How would your ideal Walking Dead be? Post it in the season 2 thread. Give a summary of all the episodes, but how you would have had them play out. This is 40% of your final grade. This assignment is due tomorrow. Extra credit if you turn it in early. Good luck, class dismissed.