Author Topic: Prophecy Within now has a keyboardist! (Video inside!)  (Read 1419 times)

Offline TheKillingHand

Prophecy Within now has a keyboardist! (Video inside!)
« on: August 23, 2010, 06:53:51 AM »
Hey all, some of you may remember me posting here not long ago about my instrumental progressive metal band Prophecy Within. So anyway, the long wait is finally over! Keyboardist Colm O'Regan has joined Prophecy Within for the first time this week and the sessions are going exceedingly well! So far we have jammed our original track 'Unforeseen',  and Dream Theater's Erotomania and Overture 1928. We set up a camera in the corner of the room during our first practice and uploaded a video with bits of the session! (It's not supposed to be a final polished video or anything...audio is from the camera, and I played 3 nasty flat bends in Overture, haha! It's just a work in progress video really!)

Any comments would be much appreciated as always! Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-EiY1zOEgY

(For those of you who have not yet heard our stuff, you can download our FREE debut EP at https://www.last.fm/music/Prophecy+Within/Weight+of+the+World+EP )

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
Re: Prophecy Within now has a keyboardist! (Video inside!)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 07:25:31 AM »
Impressive stuff, it'll be good to hear some more original material with a keyboard adding extra depth to it :tup

Offline TheKillingHand

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 04:03:40 PM »
Impressive stuff, it'll be good to hear some more original material with a keyboard adding extra depth to it :tup

Thanks! Yeah we're working on 3 of our originals with him at the moment and they're sounding really great...totally adds a new feeling to the stuff.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 04:08:10 PM »
I liked the guitar, bass and drums, but the keyboardist seemed to be hitting quite a few wrong notes. Like...a bunch.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TheKillingHand

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 04:08:45 PM »
I liked the guitar, bass and drums, but the keyboardist seemed to be hitting quite a few wrong notes. Like...a bunch.

Well it was our very first practice with him so obviously we weren't expecting to have everything note perfect day 1

Online Adami

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 04:19:25 PM »
....jordan would have had it perfect on day one.

And he would have had you all dancing.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TheKillingHand

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 04:21:56 PM »
....jordan would have had it perfect on day one.

And he would have had you all dancing.

...ok. Well thanks for watching anyway!

Online Adami

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 04:24:06 PM »
Yea, that jordan post sounded funnier in my head. Sorry.

Anyway, you guys sound lovely. I assume you're the guitarist? You did a good job, I love the pause your drummer did in overture.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TheKillingHand

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 04:28:37 PM »
Yea, that jordan post sounded funnier in my head. Sorry.

Anyway, you guys sound lovely. I assume you're the guitarist? You did a good job, I love the pause your drummer did in overture.

Haha, no worries. And thanks! Yep, I'm the guitarist! And yeah, that pause in Overture seems to work well. We're playing it live this friday and I'd say we'll include that pause...people would be like 'wtf?' for a second and then BANG, in comes the riff!   :metal