Author Topic: Pain of Salvation thread, v.2 (merged)  (Read 270510 times)

Offline SoundscapeMN

• allmediareviews
Re: Pain of Salvation thread, v.2 (merged)
« Reply #2905 on: December 30, 2017, 10:29:20 PM »
It does do okay amongst their catalog, but I was thinking about it, and I still wouldn't rank it above any of their 1st 4 records, and maybe not Be.  But I guess that says more about how good those other albums are.

I would definitely check out Entropia and One Hour by the Concrete Lake when you get a chance.

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2906 on: December 30, 2017, 10:49:23 PM »
Id probably put the new album above One Hour (slightly) but below Entropia, Be, TPE, and Remedy Lane
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #2907 on: December 31, 2017, 02:22:10 AM »
Passing Light is in 4th place behind Perfect Element, Remedy Lane and Entropia.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #2908 on: January 01, 2018, 09:51:21 AM »
I'd put it above One Hour and Scarsick but that's about it.  Like it quite a lot but it's certainly not a favorite.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2909 on: January 01, 2018, 10:49:09 AM »
Perfect element is definitely my favorite, but then I rank passing right up there with Remedy, Entropia, and concrete lake. Those 5 total are the ones I actually listen to on a regular basis.
Live to ride

Offline Pettor

« Reply #2910 on: January 03, 2018, 04:23:06 AM »
Realized The Passing Light of Day is a song I am sad will only be heard within the prog-sphere of people. It's absolutely a universally enjoyable song imo and so beautiful and meaningful I wish more people could hear it. It breaks me every time and I am sure a lot of people can understand and find a personal interpretation of it.

Offline SoundscapeMN

• allmediareviews
« Reply #2911 on: January 03, 2018, 11:08:17 AM »
that seems to be true, but it's weird how I honestly don't find the title track to be that amazing. It just kind of goes on and on and never fully goes anywhere. Whereas nearly every other record they've managed to include 1 of if not the best track as the closers.

I find On a Tuesday to be a lot better actually.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #2912 on: April 11, 2018, 11:56:05 PM »
I forgot about the Pain of Salvation documentary so I looked for new episodes. Last one I saw was There Will Be Blood from season 2. The interlude and the two episodes after were painfully boring. The Vanity of Man and Glitter and Road Salt are about a Swedish music award show. I get that the band needed exposure but it was kind of lame for "the band" to choose a song where the keyboard player mimes playing while Gildenlow sings and Halgren kneels on the floor with his guitar.

I'm about to watch episode 12 of season 2 which is called The Duel. Wish me luck.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!