Author Topic: Looking for a drumset  (Read 1642 times)

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
Looking for a drumset
« on: May 30, 2009, 12:36:57 PM »
Alright. My father and I are going to be writing our own music this summer, and we need a drumset. Nothing extravagant. I'm not a drum expert, although I can play, so I'll need your help.

It only has to be a standard 5 piece kit, but we need cymbals/hardware, which is never included in the sets. What can you guys recommend, as a whole, that's under 750?

Offline timddrums

Re: Looking for a drumset
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 10:25:00 PM »
i can sell your my old one for real cheap i just have to get it from my old friend. i bought it for 550 when it was new so ill sell all 5 pieces for only 250 dollars...but hardware...im not sure if i have enough.

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 06:19:19 PM »
if you are looking for a decent kit.  everything included.  for a great price... Get a Tama Imperialstar.  It is what I am currently using. It is a 5 piece kit, that comes with a meinl HCS 22" ride, 18" crash, and 12" mini china.  I have added a lot onto mine since then, but it was still good even when I didn't add everything to it. 
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 05:48:08 AM »
Not wanting to hijack the thread but, anyone got any suggestions of a good (but not uber expensive) electronic drumkit? My family won't tolerate the noise levels from a normal kit - I want it in my room (and all the other bedrooms are next to mine).

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 09:42:07 PM »
Not wanting to hijack the thread but, anyone got any suggestions of a good (but not uber expensive) electronic drumkit? My family won't tolerate the noise levels from a normal kit - I want it in my room (and all the other bedrooms are next to mine).
Dammit, I posted before, but it didn't post.  Anyways, I first got a singing machine smi-1460.  It was a crappy kit, that the bass pad broke after a year.  And it was not possible to put on a double bass pedal.  So I wouldn't recommend it.  My dad has a wonderful simmons sd9k.  Great kit.  After double bass pedal and throne, it will probably cost around 1000. 
Downsides - I would definitely get the warranty, because the bass pad wore down after a while.  Also, the pass pad is pretty loud.  Loudest part of the kit.  The cymbals can be a little noisy if you don't have the screws tightened.
good sides -  Great kit overall.  Great customizable sounds.  You can add effects, and use the 40 pre-set drumsets.  You can save you own custom user kits.  It has great bounce on the pads.  Midi-compatible.  Aux. jacks as well.  It is on the front page of the simmons website, so you now it has to be good.
verdict - Great kit, overall.  A little noisy if you don't do some maintenance like tightening the screws on the cymbals, but otherwise quiet.  Should be a lot more money than it is.  Great Buy!
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!