Author Topic: Have you ever left a concert early because it was horrible?  (Read 6451 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: Have you ever left a concert early because it was horrible?
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2010, 02:50:42 PM »
I feel the same about him live. I can only watch a bit of the dvd's without wanting to listen to something else.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2010, 04:06:39 PM »
I know the feeling.  When DT toured with King's X and Satriani, Satriani was the closer out here, and I was seriously tempted to leave during his set.

Wow! I'm not the only one to feel that way.  I walked around durring his set because it was so damn boring. KX was great.  Got to shake hands with Jerry then Joe came on and my buds and I walked around and got some beers before DT came on.
Yea, ever song sounded samey.  The mix wasn't all that either.  I bought all his albums as a kid but it just didn't click with me live.
Yeah, I mean not to take away from his ability or anything, but to me, he's just not that exciting to watch for more than a few songs because it just starts to feel very repetitive. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2010, 09:05:42 AM »
The only show I ever left was G3 (Petrucci, Gilbert, Satch) because I wanted to get back home and hang out with my new girlfriend instead.

I came close to leaving during Torche and coming back into the venue for dredg because they were so horrible, but I didn't want to risk it getting packed and me getting stuck in the back of the theater.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 04:36:00 PM »
-last March I went to see Field Music and stayed for about 4 or 5 songs of The Clientele and left.
-Paper Route + Brooke Waggoner and then Copeland came on stage and I left after 2 songs.
-Local Natives and I watched all of Fool's Gold, then Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros hit the stage, and after they played "Home" I went home.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2010, 08:37:45 PM »
I've left two concerts early. One was a festival that I went to for the express purpose of seeing one band, so naturally I left after they played, especially considering Korn was the headlining act. The other one was last year, on the NIN|JA tour. Nine Inch Nails played before Jane's Addiction, and I can't stand Jane's Addiction, so I left after the NIN set.

...my name is Araragi.