Author Topic: Frontmen of DTF  (Read 12788 times)

Offline robwebster

Re: Frontmen of DTF
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2010, 11:22:40 AM »
Any room for Geoff Tate or Mike Patton?
Christ! How did nobody think of Mike Patton!?

Glaring omission. Massive. I'm ashamed of the whole board, and most of all myself.

(Yes, I'm acutely aware that I'm now just haunting the thread, seconding good suggestions.)

David Bowie, come to think of it, is also a must-have. Depending on whether you're counting solo-artists, I can't remember. (God I'm lazy.)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2010, 11:34:21 AM »
Good call on Bono. Don't know how long he'd last, but definitely longer than, say, the Green Day fella. Who also wasn't suggested.

Tempted to suggest switching 'em round?

I think you're right about that, this is about DTF, I believe Billie Joe Armstrong is a far better song writer and live performer but he wouldn't last with the crowd here, everybody on board for switching Billie Joe with Bono?

Well, he is doing something special with Bruce. Maybe he is saving Bono for later aswell.

Well what I was gonna do is simply group solo artists into a different tournament, that would take Springsteen but it wouldn't take Bono.
I was thinking that would be the tournament that includes people like David Bowie, Michael Jackson, Billy Joel, Bob Marley, Alice Cooper and other solo artists who have a unique on stage persona enough to call them frontmen.
Which if you wanna start and manage yourself Cole I wouldn't mind at all, this whole thing has been exhausting to manage and I haven't even gone past the first survivor round hehe
Call it Frontmen of DTF (Solo Artists Edition) and roam this thread for more names cause a lot of peple mentioned solo artists.

Any room for Geoff Tate or Mike Patton?

Nobody mentioned them, but hey there's always next year and this is the first time we're doing this so it's bound not to be perfect.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2010, 11:51:20 AM »
I will gladly do that.

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2010, 02:08:15 PM »
I just want to say that Gildenlöw is the best them.

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2010, 02:42:16 PM »
For me it's a toss up between Bruce Dickinson, Claudio Sanchez, and Mikael Åkerfeldt.
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?