Author Topic: Dolphin Dive Video...with a tasty DT Soundtrack ;)  (Read 1156 times)

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
Dolphin Dive Video...with a tasty DT Soundtrack ;)
« on: April 18, 2011, 01:52:27 AM »
So, I've been doing Underwater Photography for a few years now.  This was my first venture into Videography though.  Had fun doing the editing on this first Vid, but if anyone does Vid editing...you know how time consuming it is... :omg:  I thought the song fit just right for the clip  :hat

Anywho... any constructive feedback would be appreciated.  The Vid is of Me and my GF diving in Roatan, Honduras with Dolphins.

https://vimeo.com/22531048

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: Dolphin Dive Video...with a tasty DT Soundtrack ;)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 03:02:47 AM »
the first thing that hit me was the song level... turn the song down a little... imo...

this is pretty cool!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 04:02:28 AM »
the first thing that hit me was the song level... turn the song down a little... imo...

this is pretty cool!

I'm muddling thru Adobe Premiere Elements 9.  Whe I did the audio, I removed the vid audio file after the first clip and put in the soundtrack file.  Problem is... I haven't figured out the volume controls for it yet...  Also, just realized, that for whatever reason, Vimeo didn't download the HD version :(  Gonna have to try it again when I get home.  Thanks for the feedback!

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 10:03:27 PM »
OK...here's the HD version, and I lowered the volume on the track.

https://vimeo.com/22578077

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 01:34:00 AM »
 :omg:

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"