Author Topic: Talk about a strange reason to cancel a concert  (Read 5513 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Talk about a strange reason to cancel a concert
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2010, 05:06:50 PM »
Just a couple of weeks ago, Jon Bon Jovi tore his calf muscle during a show, but finished the show before being helped off stage at the end of the concert.  And these wimps left stage because they got shit on by pigeons during an outdoor gig?

Wow, they're awesome.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2010, 06:53:24 PM »
Oh man, I am gonna make fun of my roommate so bad when I get back to Denver. They're like her favorite band  :lol

Seriously, bird shit? If the fuckers were Italian they'd know that shit is considered good luck. My uncle got shat on by a pigeon at his wedding (right in his hair; glorious). It was funny. It's gross and then you laugh and you get over it. Oy.

Just to clarify, that isn't actually them. Its part of the shred series floating around on youtube where clever folks edit shitty sounding playing into live videos. This is the most seemless one I've ever seen ;D

What? Why?

edit: btw that news video is amazing
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2010, 06:58:24 PM »
Just a couple of weeks ago, Jon Bon Jovi tore his calf muscle during a show, but finished the show before being helped off stage at the end of the concert.  And these wimps left stage because they got shit on by pigeons during an outdoor gig?

Wow, they're awesome.
That reminds me of another badass live Iron Maiden story. According to my dad, when he saw them in Arizona on the Give Me Ed...Till I'm Dead tour, Nicko was having back problems before the show. So his back therapist came by and worked on it, and he felt good. Then during the show his back was giving him spasms and shit while playing, so they called his therapist up again, and she worked on his back WHILE HE FUCKING PLAYED THE REST OF THE SHOW. Now that is fucking metal.  :metal :metal :metal
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2010, 08:49:10 PM »
That's awesome.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2010, 09:25:40 PM »
Haven't heard enough of this band to really care about them, but that seems like a pretty shitty thing to do for fans who might have traveled a long distance to get there.  I've heard Use Somebody on the radio, and actually quite liked it, but still... what a fucking terrible excuse!