Author Topic: Memories Playlist  (Read 973 times)

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
Memories Playlist
« on: July 22, 2010, 12:45:33 AM »
On last.fm, I like to make playlists of songs I want to preserve with a certain moment in time. Like, I just had an incredible experience with Dark Matter by PT, so I just added it to my 2010 playlist. I separate the playlists by year. And I put them in chronological order... songs from January would be at the beginning, some in December would be at the end of the list.

Anyone else do stuff like this? Liike make mix tapes that relate to great memories?

Offline Fluffy Lothario

Re: Memories Playlist
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 02:34:16 AM »
I have a vague my early high school days playlist. Other than that, not really.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 02:38:31 AM »
Eh, sometimes. I do associate a lot of songs with memories, such as Chinese Democracy with November days after finals for high school as well as some Shinedown songs.

I will forever play Images and Words around Christmastime due to my vivid and strong memories of playing that album in the cold winter months
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 03:41:12 AM »
Eh, sometimes. I do associate a lot of songs with memories, such as Chinese Democracy with November days after finals for high school as well as some Shinedown songs.

I will forever play Images and Words around Christmastime due to my vivid and strong memories of playing that album in the cold winter months

I have something like that with Buckingham Nicks' "Frozen Love". I first started getting into that song in December, right around when I got my wisdom teeth pulled out, so it really reminds me of that whole period (and that 3 or 4 month stretch was probably the happiest time of my life).