Author Topic: Flickerstick  (Read 1182 times)

Offline ehra

Flickerstick
« on: July 13, 2010, 04:24:52 PM »
I think I've seen them mentioned here once, any fans? I only have Welcoming Home The Astronauts but the bits I've heard of their live stuff has me really hoping I can get a hold of Tarantula sometime.

Great band. Anyone who hasn't heard them before needs to stop reading this forum and give them a quick listen, you twat.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Flickerstick
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 05:17:54 PM »
Was this the band that won the VH1 band reality chalenge show?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ehra

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »
According to wikipedia, yes.

Online The Letter M

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 05:24:57 PM »
Oh wow... this band is a band I haven't seen or heard mentioned in a looooooooong time. Back before I discovered/became addicted to prog, this was one of those bands I listened to all the time and recall looking up through Napster way back when.

I should seek out their albums and revisit them because, as I recall (so long ago), they were really good. Thanks for reminding me of something from my past...

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline ehra

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 05:32:30 PM »
 :tup

Offline Jamariquay

• When in Rome...
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 01:15:02 PM »
Welcoming Home The Astronauts is an amazing album. The rest of what I've heard hasn't grabbed me at all, with the exception of "Blue" from their To Madagascar And Back EP, and some of the new tracks on their Causing A Catastrophe live album. I understand they put on a hell of a live show, but I seem to remember they broke up a year or so ago? Can't remember.

Fun band.