Author Topic: VRA! [Interactive] Split-Screen Covers - Metropolis Part 1 - JAM-ALONG!  (Read 2022 times)

Offline zolhof

Hey,

After many many days of uploading to youtube, We're happy to announce our INTERACTIVE version of the Metropolis Part 1 'VRA! Split-Screen Covers' is finally up.

When we started out the project we agreed within the band that we wouldn't release "backing track" versions of our recordings. This was to preserve the uniqueness of our videos, since they did require lots of hard work and money to be done. Our compensation for the effort would be basically (and hopefully) the exposure.

That being said, we have received countless messages and emails from people around the world interested in play-alongs for their particular instruments, which we've had to deny, up until now...

We feel this particular online cover has surpassed our expectations, reaching over 250k hits on Thiago's channel, and we want to offer you something special in appreciation to the support we've been getting for both the VRA! Split-Screen Covers and our band of originals Bad Salad.

So here it is... the [INTERACTIVE] Metropolis Part 1, offered to you by VRA!
It's our way of saying thank you!

Grab your instrument and jam away at it!  :metal

If you don't play an instrument, you might still enjoy listening to the different mixes, so check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G464GgaZqL4

Have fun!

VRA!!!
César Zolhof<br />Korg Oasys 88, Kurzweil PC3x, V-Stand KS-V7, Furman PL-Plus, Yamaha HS-80M<br />www.youtube.com/zolhof

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
Awesome idea! Unbeliavable cover too. Great work.
Crossing bridges in the sky.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
This is really neat. Great job.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
Flawless. Please do more in the future!  :metal
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline TL

Fantastic cover. The interactive thing is a really cool idea too.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
I was just singing along, and yeah, I suck :lol

JLB register is way too high for me.

Will the singers of this forum please upload their rendition of this song with this instrumental?

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
That is just incredible...Impossible...Is there any other cover band lose to this telented? and so nice instruments :O JP Guitar and MEsa boogie and Bongo and everything! :O That costs! :S

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
Awesome rendition.

I'm actually trying to put something together like this using Pull Me Under.  Unfortunately I don't have all of that state of the art equipment so I know it's not going to sound that good.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
This is awesome! Cool idea, excellent executed. Well done!  :metal
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline zolhof

Hey guys, thanks a million for your nice words! This just reinforce how amazing DT's music is :heart Feel free to use our video to make your own and post as a video response :metal
César Zolhof<br />Korg Oasys 88, Kurzweil PC3x, V-Stand KS-V7, Furman PL-Plus, Yamaha HS-80M<br />www.youtube.com/zolhof

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
I might give the vocals a go, although I'll say I'm not nearly as kick-ass as the presented track. I have a different singing style, but I love this tune and figure this is the closest I'll get to doing a decent cover of it.

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
WOW, really great!!! This is absolutely the best cover what I've ever heard!  :tup

Thank You! I have to try to jam along  :metal
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline SlickSy

:omg: That was incredible. That's the best DT cover I've seen to date. Great job guys!

Expensive gear much?.
Korg Oasys 88
Kurzweil PC3x
Ernie Ball Music Man JP6
Ernie Ball Music Man Bongo 6
Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Mesa Boogie 4x12 Stiletto

« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 05:56:30 AM by SlickSy »
Quote from: Mikael Åkerfeldt
We are heavy metal... but with some beautiful acoustic parts. Some people say that's pussy. Those are the people that get no pussy.

Offline perfectchaos180

just a suggestion, on the menu you might want to put the instrument along with the name and picture, because I forgot who everyone was when I was trying to pick