Author Topic: THE Judas Priest thread - v. new album and tour in 2024  (Read 213877 times)

Offline Jakartabassplayer

• John Cleese's evil step brother
  • "THEY just drop"
Re: THE Judas Priest thread
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2010, 11:07:48 AM »
got my hands on a Stained Class first edition record two days ago!!
 :metal
Kipfilet is het borstdeel van de kip. Kenmerk van kipfilet is dat deze vetarm en lichtverteerbaar is.
I assume it's because you're awesome.
And JBP is yet again drunk  :lol

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2010, 11:51:26 AM »
They did the British Steel tour the year before its 30th anniversary, then put out the special edition version of the the record with the live CD/DVD on the actual 30th anniversary, so them doing the same thing with SFV isn't all that unlikely.

Offline Keyboardframe

• Banned from P/R
« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2010, 12:27:10 PM »
RESPECT THE CLASSICS

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2010, 12:37:19 PM »
Saw Priest back at MSG on the original SFV tour with this little band called Iron Maiden in the guest opening spot. This concert is still burned in my brain and considering how many brain cells I have depleted since then its amazing I still remember it
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2010, 02:16:45 PM »
They did the British Steel tour the year before its 30th anniversary, then put out the special edition version of the the record with the live CD/DVD on the actual 30th anniversary, so them doing the same thing with SFV isn't all that unlikely.
Oh, I was unaware of the early tour.

FUCK YEAH 2011 SCREAMING FOR VENGEANCE TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2metal:

Saw Priest back at MSG on the original SFV tour with this little band called Iron Maiden in the guest opening spot. This concert is still burned in my brain and considering how many brain cells I have depleted since then its amazing I still remember it
:metalol:

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2010, 09:49:40 PM »
Well, they can do a Nostradamus tour and play 3-5k seat venues.  They can play all of an album and play those same venues.  Or, they could take out some other good bands and do a greatest hits show in front of 15k.  They always managed to throw in some chestnuts, so a greatest hits show wouldn't bother me.  If they're going to do an album, they should probably do Screaming while Rob still stands a chance of pulling it off--the clocks ticking on that one. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2010, 05:56:53 AM »
I think Rob still sounds great for his age, considering. He's got a fantastic voice

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2010, 11:11:01 AM »
Withdrawn he'd sit there
Stare blank into space
No sign of life
Would flicker on his face...
Until one day he smiled
It seemed, as though, with pride
The wind kissed him... Goodbye...

AND THEN HE DIED

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2010, 11:21:38 AM »
:2metal:
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2010, 01:24:21 PM »
Well, they can do a Nostradamus tour and play 3-5k seat venues.  They can play all of an album and play those same venues.  Or, they could take out some other good bands and do a greatest hits show in front of 15k.  They always managed to throw in some chestnuts, so a greatest hits show wouldn't bother me.  If they're going to do an album, they should probably do Screaming while Rob still stands a chance of pulling it off--the clocks ticking on that one.  
If somehow they did their U.S. tour to coincide with Iron Maiden's off-months early next year... and they toured together... oh God. :hefdaddy

But realistically speaking, the only two other bands that came to mind are Def Leppard and Van Halen. Not sure what DF's bren up to, and I know VH is supposed to tour next year... so...

I'M ELECTED, ELECTRIC SPYYYYYY
I'M PROTECTED, ELECTRIC EYEEEEEE

EDIT: Motörhead announced a 2011 U.S. tour a couple weeks ago... what if Priest and Motörhead toured together!!!???

EDIT2: Didn't that already happen with Heaven & Hell and Testament?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 01:49:30 PM by Birch Boy »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2010, 02:34:56 PM »
Well, they can do a Nostradamus tour and play 3-5k seat venues.  They can play all of an album and play those same venues.  Or, they could take out some other good bands and do a greatest hits show in front of 15k.  They always managed to throw in some chestnuts, so a greatest hits show wouldn't bother me.  If they're going to do an album, they should probably do Screaming while Rob still stands a chance of pulling it off--the clocks ticking on that one.  

EDIT: Motörhead announced a 2011 U.S. tour a couple weeks ago... what if Priest and Motörhead toured together!!!???

EDIT2: Didn't that already happen with Heaven & Hell and Testament?

Twice, actually.  2008 with Sabbath and 1991 with Alice Cooper.  Motorhead's also opened for Maiden on these sorts of tours.

I think Rob still sounds great for his age, considering. He's got a fantastic voice
Great is relative.  He still sounds great compared to others.  Compared to himself, meh.  During the British Steel tour,  he was definitely showing signs of wear and tear.  He doesn't have that top end power anymore, so he was using that scream to replace the high notes he used to sing.  Sounds cool, but you could tell that the scream was kind of a fallback plan for what he can't do anymore. 

To be perfectly clear, I'll pay my $40 to hear Rob scream whateverthefuck he wants to, anytime.  It's still Priest and it's still badass.  Still, SFV (the song) might be a bit of a reach for him. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2010, 05:58:19 PM »
and 1991 with Alice Cooper. 
Operation Rock n Roll :metal :metal

Unfortunately Priest got their ass kicked by Alice. Saw this twice in NJ and MA. Priest was much better on the proper Painkiller tour (Megadeth opened up here.)
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2010, 06:07:18 PM »
Goddamn you fogeys and you seeing future-classic bands open up for classic bands.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2010, 07:07:03 PM »
Goddamn you fogeys and you seeing future-classic bands open up for classic bands.
Whenever I'm feeling old, I just try and find a post from wkiml. Works everytime! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2010, 07:11:49 PM »
k...so aside from the classics and newer ones (I own British Steel Hellbent for Leather, Painkiller, Nostradamus, Angel of Retribution, Screaming for Vengeance), where should I go next?

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2010, 07:30:47 PM »
k...so aside from the classics and newer ones (I own British Steel Hellbent for Leather, Painkiller, Nostradamus, Angel of Retribution, Screaming for Vengeance), where should I go next?
1) DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH

Then:
-Stained Class
-Sad Wings of Destiny
-Ram it Down
-Jugulator

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2010, 10:39:31 PM »

Unfortunately Priest got their ass kicked by Alice. Saw this twice in NJ and MA. Priest was much better on the proper Painkiller tour (Megadeth opened up here.)

I'll have to take your word for it.  Memories from that era are spotty, at best.  I only found out I was there when working on my concert spreadsheet a couple of weeks ago.  I remembered Alice Cooper and Motorhead, and was quite surprised when I learned that it was Priest that headlined.  I have no recollection of them whatsoever.  Looking over the setlist that's not altogether unsurprising. 

That was one of several concerts where I was shocked to learn that I was in attendance.   I'm probably going to unearth that I was actually trampled to death at Riverfront back in 79.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2010, 08:21:27 AM »

Then:
-Stained Class
-Sad Wings of Destiny
-Ram it Down
-Jugulator

Pretty much just avoid Demolition, Point of Entry, and Turbo. The rest are mandatory.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2010, 08:31:25 AM »
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2010, 01:12:29 PM »

Then:
-Stained Class
-Sad Wings of Destiny
-Ram it Down
-Jugulator

Pretty much just avoid Demolition, Point of Entry, and Turbo. The rest are mandatory.

I wouldn't say avoid them, but maybe get these last.  IMO all three of those are good albums with something to offer.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2010, 03:18:26 PM »

I'll have to take your word for it.  Memories from that era are spotty, at best.  I only found out I was there when working on my concert spreadsheet a couple of weeks ago.  I remembered Alice Cooper and Motorhead, and was quite surprised when I learned that it was Priest that headlined.  I have no recollection of them whatsoever.  Looking over the setlist that's not altogether unsurprising. 

Yeah, Priest toured Painkiller proper the winter of 90/91. In Worcester, Megadeth & Testament opened. That summer they put together Op RnR and although Priest headlined, they played a shorter set. Alice was touring Hey Stoopid, and unfortunately that was the extent for him for that vastly underrated album. Alice had a great band for that tour.....Vinnie Moore, Stef Burns, Greg Smith, Eric Singer, & Derek Sherinian.
Don't forget Metal Church and Dangerous Touys also played..
I loved Mike Howe era Metal Church.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2010, 03:48:42 PM »

Yeah, Priest toured Painkiller proper the winter of 90/91. In Worcester, Megadeth & Testament opened. That summer they put together Op RnR and although Priest headlined, they played a shorter set. Alice was touring Hey Stoopid, and unfortunately that was the extent for him for that vastly underrated album. Alice had a great band for that tour.....Vinnie Moore, Stef Burns, Greg Smith, Eric Singer, & Derek Sherinian.
Don't forget Metal Church and Dangerous Touys also played..
I loved Mike Howe era Metal Church.

That's an amazing lineup with Alice.  WOuld have loved to see Vinnie play some Alice tunes.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2010, 06:17:40 PM »
Vinnie's done some great work with UFO. More Rolling Stones than shredding. It's amazing how mature his playing is and he really fits in nicely with the UFO fogeys.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2010, 07:43:02 PM »
Vinnie's done some great work with UFO. More Rolling Stones than shredding. It's amazing how mature his playing is and he really fits in nicely with the UFO fogeys.

I really enjoy You Are Here and The Visitor.  Monkey Puzzle is pretty good too but I prefer the other two.  Great rock songs with amazing guitar playing!!

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2010, 12:19:40 PM »
Whenever I'm feeling old, I just try and find a post from wkiml. Works everytime! :lol

Thanks TAC..  :loser:
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2010, 01:06:37 PM »
Z

Thanks TAC..  :loser:
:lol

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2010, 06:37:50 PM »
Good news: Judas Priest is confirmed as co-headliners of the High Voltage Festival (along with Dream Theater)
Bad news: This will be Judas Priest's last world tour, and is fittingly called the Epitaph Tour

https://www.thrashhits.com/2010/12/high-voltage-announce-dream-theater-and-judas-priest-as-headliners-and-judas-priest-decide-to-call-it-a-day/

https://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=12429

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2010, 06:48:41 PM »
We started discussing this in the top 50 thread, but obviously it belongs here more.
Yes I'm sad. but life will go on.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2010, 07:02:31 PM »
The news will make my first time seeing Judas Priest that much more noteworthy. I missed them on the their 2009 tour, and I will most definitely be seeing them on this tour. Maybe even twice depending on ticket prices.

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #134 on: December 07, 2010, 08:25:36 PM »
The news will make my first time seeing Judas Priest that much more noteworthy. I missed them on the their 2009 tour, and I will most definitely be seeing them on this tour. Maybe even twice depending on ticket prices.

Exactly this.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2010, 12:05:24 PM »
THE METAL GODS!
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline LearningToLive

« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2010, 01:39:47 PM »
Watched Rising in the East again last night. Halford is god.  Sad to hear that they are wrapping it all up but I'll make sure not to miss them on their farewell tour and go fuckin nuts.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2010, 05:36:31 PM »
Watched Rising in the East again last night. Halford is god.  Sad to hear that they are wrapping it all up but I'll make sure not to miss them on their farewell tour and go fuckin nuts.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: December 19, 2010, 06:16:14 PM »
Edit: Nevermind
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2010, 06:51:36 PM »
Edit: Nevermind
This isn't the Nirvana thread.