Author Topic: Wolfking's Wonderful Winger roulette v.3 - Round 6 results! Send for Rd 7 please  (Read 24818 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Yeah, maybe it's me, maybe others would like that tune, I'm not sure.  In isolation, there's nothing 'bad' about it.  There's melodies, decent performances, solid guitar playing but you put it all together, it just pales in comparison to most.  But again, it's probably a me thing too.  But compare it to Aaron's song and there's no competition, at all.

My impression was actually going to be, 'damn, these guys could really use Del Vicchio!' but thought that was too obvious.  ;D

#StillBetterThanUlrikLyngs

Hey... it's a cliche, but seriously, you do you.  No judgment on the score or writeup here - I totally get it.  TASTESTM!!  1/2 the songs you're scoring above an 8 I was pounding the skip button in a minute or less.  :dunno:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
#StillBetterThanUlrikLyngs

Hey... it's a cliche, but seriously, you do you.  No judgment on the score or writeup here - I totally get it.  TASTESTM!!  1/2 the songs you're scoring above an 8 I was pounding the skip button in a minute or less.  :dunno:

#YesI'llgiveyouthatone

Yeah I know mate, you'd listen to some of the 9's and go, 'what the fucking fuck!?'  :lol

Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I keep scoring higher and higher but the 4 I got at the start really screwed me :lol

Really surprised you have never heard The Haunted, I thought they'd you be a band you've been listening to for years. I'd suggest listening to The Haunted Made Me Do It and The Dead Eye.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I keep scoring higher and higher but the 4 I got at the start really screwed me :lol

Really surprised you have never heard The Haunted, I thought they'd you be a band you've been listening to for years. I'd suggest listening to The Haunted Made Me Do It and The Dead Eye.

I'm expecting a strong finish from you and perhaps a bit more of a climb.

I've known the name for the longest time.  I'm not sure if I had sampled them in the past or what but from that song they are definitely a band I should checking out more.

Online twosuitsluke

I'm expecting a strong finish from you and perhaps a bit more of a climb.

I've known the name for the longest time.  I'm not sure if I had sampled them in the past or what but from that song they are definitely a band I should checking out more.

Here's hoping mate.

The Haunted formed out of the ashes of At the Gates, and honestly I can't think of a band that would be more up your street, off the top of my head. I'll be looking forward to the post-roulette update.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Here's hoping mate.

The Haunted formed out of the ashes of At the Gates, and honestly I can't think of a band that would be more up your street, off the top of my head. I'll be looking forward to the post-roulette update.

Wow, I did not know that!

Offline romdrums

Damn, I was not expecting that score!  :metal The rest of the album that came from is pretty solid. My favorite of theirs is their 2012 release Eternalism. Lots of bangers on that one!

Also, sent for Round 7.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Sent!  Went the Tac Wildcard route. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
I am really running away with this thing. Sent for the next round.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
I'll send a happy tune shortly, hopefully.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
I am really running away with this thing. Sent for the next round.

Wondering if I should purposely shit the bed and garner my first last place roulette finish... I'm sure there's enough kpop and Jpop in my repertoire to do the job....

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Wondering if I should purposely shit the bed and garner my first last place roulette finish... I'm sure there's enough kpop and Jpop in my repertoire to do the job....

Do it... do it... do it... :) :) :)

Come to the dark side!

Online twosuitsluke

Well, I'm going to have to send King Gizzard before we're through. Collective bed shitting?

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Well, I'm going to have to send King Gizzard before we're through. Collective bed shitting?

Can you guys get Tim on your team too?

Kade, I won't send today, apologies. Will try to listen to a couple of options on my long run tomorrow and then decide.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.