Author Topic: Death Metal Appreciation Topic  (Read 6886 times)

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
Re: Death Metal Appreciation Topic
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2010, 06:19:31 PM »
Trey Azagthoth > Chuck Schuldiner

I love Death, but I would take Morbid Angel over them any day of the week.

My head just asploded.

No but seriously that's cool, Morbid Angel is alright. I just think Death was better for two reasons: the lyrics and Chuck's vocals.

If it means anything, I feel the same way when people say the opposite  :biggrin:
You like Morbid Angel because of Chuck's vocals too?
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2010, 06:22:43 PM »
 :rollin
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2010, 06:47:07 PM »
Trey Azagthoth > Chuck Schuldiner

I love Death, but I would take Morbid Angel over them any day of the week.

My head just asploded.

No but seriously that's cool, Morbid Angel is alright. I just think Death was better for two reasons: the lyrics and Chuck's vocals.

If it means anything, I feel the same way when people say the opposite  :biggrin:
You like Morbid Angel because of Chuck's vocals too?

derp
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline Dr. SeaWolf

• DT.net Member
  • Living in the pupil of 1,000 eyes.
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2010, 07:05:55 PM »

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2010, 07:16:35 PM »
Chuck died on my birthday.  :(

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2010, 07:24:43 PM »
Any Atheist fans out here?

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2010, 07:25:58 PM »
Absolutely. All three of their albums are top-notch.

Offline Dr. SeaWolf

• DT.net Member
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2010, 08:02:25 PM »
I've only heart Unquestionable Presence, but it's phenomenal.

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2010, 08:13:41 PM »
I've only heart Unquestionable Presence, but it's phenomenal.

GET AWAAAAAAAAY
DOOOON'T YOOOOOOU TOOOOOUUUUCCCHHHHH
MYYYYYYY PREEEEECIIIOOOOOOUUUUUSSSSS SHHHIIIIIPPPPP
BEEEEEE THHHAAAAAAANNNKKFUUUUUULLLLLL
YOOOOOUUUUUU EEEEVEEEEEENNN WIIIIITNEEEESEEEED IT AAAAAAAT ALLLLLLL

Kelly Schafer is probably one of my favorite vocalists of all time. Any genre, period. His voice is just total badassery and fits Atheist's sound perfectly. I can't wait for their fourth album  :metal

Get Piece of Time and Elements, see what you think. Piece of Time is more in the vein of early thrash metal with prog tendencies (Other than long songs, Atheist doesn't really do them, but I honestly think that it would really water their stuff down if they did that, they aren't that kind of band) thrown in here and there. Elements is the opposite, there's a full-on samba number on the album o_o. Its definitely their jazziest/most progressive album.

But all Atheist is fucking amazing, and I want to hear their next album soon enough. If it interests anyone, there's going to be a cover of YYZ on it. Yes,  death metal cover of YYZ. Tell me that doesn't sound fucking awesome.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2010, 08:44:08 PM »
Atheist is a fantastic band.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2010, 12:35:25 AM »
I'm not really into death metal anymore. It's sometimes hard to get back into a specific kind of music, but I can't even like Nile (for i.e.) as much as I did anymore either.

However; I'm looking forward to The Faceless' next album due later this year. I tried listening to Symbolic a few times, but it turned out to be an overrated turd so I deleted it AND S.B.G + Leprosy. Honestly Death sucks and I don't see the hype for them kinds of bands anymore.

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2010, 12:50:49 AM »
I'm not really into death metal anymore. It's sometimes hard to get back into a specific kind of music, but I can't even like Nile (for i.e.) as much as I did anymore either.

However; I'm looking forward to The Faceless' next album due later this year. I tried listening to Symbolic a few times, but it turned out to be an overrated turd so I deleted it AND S.B.G + Leprosy. Honestly Death sucks and I don't see the hype for them kinds of bands anymore.

Death Metal isn't for everyone. I don't mean mean that in an elitist way, but its still very much true. As for me, its the raw intensity of Death Metal that attracts me to it. The no prisoners, "let's just kick some ass because we can!" attitude that is often brought to the table in death metal. Its very silly, yes, but hell I don't mind it because Death Metal, plain and simply, brings the riffs.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2010, 04:16:35 AM »

Death Metal isn't for everyone. I don't mean mean that in an elitist way, but its still very much true. As for me, its the raw intensity of Death Metal that attracts me to it. The no prisoners, "let's just kick some ass because we can!" attitude that is often brought to the table in death metal. Its very silly, yes, but hell I don't mind it because Death Metal, plain and simply, brings the riffs.

I forgot to say that the only good Death albums are Human and ITP. Other than that, I prefer technical and prog death.

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2010, 04:33:41 AM »

I forgot to say that the only good Death albums are Human and ITP. Other than that, I prefer technical and prog death.

I thought you meant Death Metal in general.

Death is cool, but I think there's much better in the realm of Death Metal, but I'm more of an OSDM (Old School Death Metal) kind of guy.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2010, 05:28:57 AM »
I'm no death metal sexpert, but being that Death are one of the first death metal bands, doesn't that make them 'old school'?

Offline Dr. SeaWolf

• DT.net Member
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2010, 10:16:14 AM »
Symbolic an "overrated turd"?  Blasphemy!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 06:52:48 PM by SeaWolf »

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2010, 10:21:08 AM »
I'm no death metal sexpert, but being that Death are one of the first death metal bands, doesn't that make them 'old school'?
Definitely.

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2010, 11:10:11 AM »
Definitely.
I never said they weren't. I was referring to most tech-death (There are notable exceptions though), Melodeath, Melodic death, etc.