Author Topic: 2010-07-06 - Ottawa Bluesfest - Ottawa, ON  (Read 2555 times)

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
  • I probably don't like you
2010-07-06 - Ottawa Bluesfest - Ottawa, ON
« on: July 03, 2010, 08:41:13 PM »
Ok, so the show in Ottawa is a few days away, and I'm trying to see what other DTF members think of my theory here:

DT is scheduled to start at 6:45. Maiden starts at 9:00
If DT is playing a 50-minute set, then that leaves about 80-90 minutes between sets, which is way more than Iron Maiden needs to set up (which I hear is closer to 20 mins).
Also, DT seems to be playing the longer sets at the locations that they did not play on PN09 (Columbus, Portland, Buffalo, Worcester).

So, do you guys think that DT is going to play a longer set? Obviously, this is not a headlining show. But, would a 100-minute set seem more likely here?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 08:08:29 AM by cyberdrummer »
NEW REVIEW: Lady Gaga - Born This Way
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=25343.0

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: What's your take on this? (Ottawa 07/06/10 Show)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 09:20:45 PM »
That's during the Ottawa Bluesfest, so I would imagine they will play a 2-hour set.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 06:04:40 AM »
If DT is going on that early, the show will likely end early.  Last night in Toronto, DT went on a couple of minutes before 7:00.  I missed the first half of As I Am because I was still waiting for my buddy in the bar with a beer for him.  DT did their 50 minutes, and Iron Maiden did their normal setlist.  Show wrapped up at 10:20.

I strongly suspect the reason was for the Symphony of Fire fireworks show that was going on at Ontario Place (where the Molson Amphitheatre is), and they had to be done by the 11pm curfew.

Perhaps there's other shit going on with the Bluesfest that necessitates Maiden being done early?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
  • I probably don't like you
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 08:38:23 AM »
If DT is going on that early, the show will likely end early.  Last night in Toronto, DT went on a couple of minutes before 7:00.  I missed the first half of As I Am because I was still waiting for my buddy in the bar with a beer for him.  DT did their 50 minutes, and Iron Maiden did their normal setlist.  Show wrapped up at 10:20.

I strongly suspect the reason was for the Symphony of Fire fireworks show that was going on at Ontario Place (where the Molson Amphitheatre is), and they had to be done by the 11pm curfew.

Perhaps there's other shit going on with the Bluesfest that necessitates Maiden being done early?

Unlikely. On other stages there are acts that begin at 10:30.
Every night usually ends by 11:00-ish
NEW REVIEW: Lady Gaga - Born This Way
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=25343.0

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 03:57:44 AM »
was the same as all the others..right down to the  setlist.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 09:18:27 PM »
Yeah, it was because there was an act on another nearby stage at 8:00 or 8:15.
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.