Author Topic: Lana Del Ray's "Once Upon A Time"  (Read 1144 times)

Offline TimelessSymphony

• just a random guy
Lana Del Ray's "Once Upon A Time"
« on: January 28, 2014, 03:21:42 PM »
Okay, i've never been a fan of these kind of music but wow.. I was really damn impressed by this song. The tone definitely fits perfectly and it's so hauntingly beautiful  :heart :hefdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ44x0GnKh4

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
Re: Lana Del Ray's "Once Upon A Time"
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 03:27:11 PM »
I'm actually a pretty big fan of Lana, and this song was quite good. Thanks for posting it.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 03:28:50 PM »
I've only heard "Summertime Sadness" (which is an awesome song) but this is a beautiful song.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 03:32:10 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0GyNwrd9oE

That's a better link without the clipping.

Offline TimelessSymphony

• just a random guy
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 03:37:12 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0GyNwrd9oE

That's a better link without the clipping.

Thanks for the link :). Glad you guy's liked it. I think i have listen to it around 30 times today =P

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2023, 09:11:55 AM »
Super late to the party but following a big love for The Killers "Pressure Machine" and Orville Peck "Bronco" I found myself digging Lana Del Ray. What a vibe!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2023, 09:13:54 AM »
Super late to the party but following a big love for The Killers "Pressure Machine" and Orville Peck "Bronco" I found myself digging Lana Del Ray. What a vibe!
Hell yeah, Orville Peck!

Lana's cool too.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2023, 02:19:18 PM »
Hell yeah, Orville Peck!

Lana's cool too.

Oo! Delighted you've picked out Orville from that post. Literally never had the opportunity to chat about him with another fan. Bronco is my number 2 album of the year. I only went into it on chance as Spotify suggested it and I liked the cover. I'd previously seen a documentary on the BBC about Orion so I wondered if he'd sound like the King - tick. Initially the novelty of a gay Elvis with amazing production values was the thing. Then the songs started sinking in and - boom. Just love that record from front to back.  :)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2023, 03:10:30 PM »
I thought there was another Lana thread that was a bit more active, but either way, I am a fan now.  Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd is one of my favorite albums of 2023, Ultraviolence is very nice as well, and Norman F'ing Rockwell is a beast of a record.  I doubt the younger me would have dug her music that much, but the older me loves the mellow vibe that permeates most of what I've heard.  Great music when you just wanna relax and chill.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2023, 03:42:36 PM »
Listened to Born To Die, Paradise and the first track of Ultraviolence today. I've def heard some tracks before. I'm going to be good and not jump around through her discog and limit myself a bit before moving on!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2023, 09:02:46 AM »
Hell yeah, Orville Peck!

Lana's cool too.

Oo! Delighted you've picked out Orville from that post. Literally never had the opportunity to chat about him with another fan. Bronco is my number 2 album of the year. I only went into it on chance as Spotify suggested it and I liked the cover. I'd previously seen a documentary on the BBC about Orion so I wondered if he'd sound like the King - tick. Initially the novelty of a gay Elvis with amazing production values was the thing. Then the songs started sinking in and - boom. Just love that record from front to back.  :)
:tup

I was introduced to OP by my youngest.  Good times.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2023, 02:43:42 PM »
That's awesome. I love it when I get something I love from mine (Nothing But Thieves, Fox Capture Plan from my eldest)

:)