Author Topic: If you post here you are inappropriate  (Read 4659 times)

Offline AwakeFromOctavarium

• Penguin wins by default.
If you post here you are inappropriate
« on: June 21, 2010, 09:35:06 AM »
Of course I'm talking about Dave Mustaine in this video. *snip!*

To those who haven't visited this thread before it got *snip!*ed, the video is the live Dream Theater cover of Pantera's Cemetery Gates with various other artists. Dave Mustaine is priceless in this video, so you totally should watch this one "legally".

WHY DID HE HAVE TO DO THAT. :facepalm:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 09:34:56 AM by AwakeFromOctavarium »
<br />Girls are like square roots; If they\\\'re under 18, do them in your head.<br />
You Americans feed the bears with bacon! That's why they've grown so ferocious!

Offline ehra

Re: If you post here you are inappropriate
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 10:01:17 AM »
IT NEVER ENDS.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 10:54:18 AM »
and people wonder why Mustaine always has a better guitar player in the band than him.  :lol

Edit:  Now that I think about it, wasn't that concert done before Mustaine went into rehab?  That would explain a lot.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 11:06:55 AM by Dublagent66 »
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 11:11:26 AM »
The gesture was cooler in theory, but in the end it's a cluster fuck up there.
I love Burton to death, but he butchers his parts
(in all fairness, this was after screaming his lungs out for an hour during his set)
and of course Dave comes out and, well, does his thing :lol

Offline TL

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 10:01:32 AM »
Pretty cool idea, but yeah, what the hell Dave?  :lol

On a separate point, James sounded incredible.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »
Mustaine's not the problem with that performance. It's the other two clowns trying to sing. Just leave James alone. He was doing just fine!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Mladen

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 12:29:35 PM »
Yeah, even one of the world's greatest guitarists makes mistakes.

An awesome cover nevertheless.  :metal

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 01:07:16 PM »
Mustaine's not the problem with that performance. It's the other two clowns trying to sing. Just leave James alone. He was doing just fine!

Dude, Russell Allen was hands down the best in the lot. I didn't hear a single note in his parts that sounded even close to being off and he had a shitload more strength in his delivery than JLB who did a pretty good job himself in the first place.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 01:36:16 PM »

Dude, Russell Allen was hands down the best in the lot. I didn't hear a single note in his parts that sounded even close to being off and he had a shitload more strength in his delivery than JLB who did a pretty good job himself in the first place.
Oh is that who it was. I thought it was the painter from Murphy Brown...

Nah..I knew it was him. He just does nothing for me.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 03:15:54 PM »
I haven't watched that video yet (I'm at work), I assume it is the cemetery gates one. Isn't that considered officially released material and not allowed to be posted on this forum.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 07:09:10 AM »

Agree 100%.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 08:19:59 AM »
I haven't watched that video yet (I'm at work), I assume it is the cemetery gates one. Isn't that considered officially released material and not allowed to be posted on this forum.
Oh no!

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 08:39:29 AM »
Oh no!

Okay? I don't understand your sarcasm.. I convey my concern that you may be posting material that at best will garner a warning, at worst a banning. Suit yourself.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 08:57:18 AM »
Oh no!

Okay? I don't understand your sarcasm.. I convey my concern that you may be posting material that at best will garner a warning, at worst a banning. Suit yourself.

If it's on youtube, then it's officially public material.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 09:01:26 AM »
Yup, El Jonno is correct.  It is from the official Gigantour release and, as such, is off limits.

No, it's not.  As I'm sure you know, anyone can post anything on YouTube.  A lot of what is posted there is posted illegally. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 09:32:51 AM »
Oops. Thanks for the *snip!*
<br />Girls are like square roots; If they\\\'re under 18, do them in your head.<br />

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 09:41:53 AM »
No problem.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 09:59:08 AM »
I agree, Russell kicks ass for his bit.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 10:14:12 AM »
Yup, El Jonno is correct.  It is from the official Gigantour release and, as such, is off limits.

No, it's not.  As I'm sure you know, anyone can post anything on YouTube.  A lot of what is posted there is posted illegally. 

Oh sorry, I made the mistake of thinking that youtube was managed as well as DTF.  I guess not.

Offline moffatt

• Lost fanboi
  • Head & Shoulders > L'oreal
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 12:50:43 AM »
I read in a interview once that they said how awesome JP was and didn't think anyone could do better than him on that solo. And when Dave came on they thought he did a better job than JP could have done. I dunno if they were watching the same video.

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 04:10:02 AM »
I read in a interview once that they said how awesome JP was and didn't think anyone could do better than him on that solo. And when Dave came on they thought he did a better job than JP could have done. I dunno if they were watching the same video.

Definitely not the video I posted.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 04:28:42 AM »

Agree 100%.

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 04:34:43 AM »
Although his voice was kind of too distorted. Or maybe not. I don't remember the original Cemetery Gates anyway.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 05:16:03 AM »
Although his voice was kind of too distorted. Or maybe not. I don't remember the original Cemetery Gates anyway.

Phil is the king of ballsy vocals, and I think Allen probably got the closest to that.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 05:26:22 AM »
...So what's the deal with the thread title?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 05:28:49 AM »
...So what's the deal with the thread title?

This.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 06:08:47 AM »
This thread is a parody of https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=14273.0, which got locked due to the thread title.