Author Topic: Chroma Key  (Read 86650 times)

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Re: Chroma Key
« Reply #490 on: April 06, 2018, 11:13:47 AM »
Finished catching up with the demos. Damn, there are some pretty awesome tracks here. Strong is my fav so far, but all of these are great  :metal

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #491 on: April 06, 2018, 03:14:40 PM »
I just caught up with it too.  I honestly wasn't expecting much probably because I didnt understand this Patreon thing.  I figured he would just throw some crap together but everything he has released is at least as good of quality as other Chroma Key.  Some of it holds up to my favorite stuff and others are just pretty good but it's all quality. 

Still would rather do it the old school way and just have an album you can take time to process but that's just me.  Looking forward to new stuff!

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #492 on: April 16, 2018, 06:44:36 PM »
I just caught up with it too.  I honestly wasn't expecting much probably because I didnt understand this Patreon thing.  I figured he would just throw some crap together but everything he has released is at least as good of quality as other Chroma Key.  Some of it holds up to my favorite stuff and others are just pretty good but it's all quality. 

Still would rather do it the old school way and just have an album you can take time to process but that's just me.  Looking forward to new stuff!

Waiting for an album myself.....might be waiting a while.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #493 on: August 25, 2018, 10:12:15 PM »
Seems he hasn't released anything new for a while nor has updated his Patreon page as well  :huh:

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #494 on: August 26, 2018, 09:21:00 AM »
Yeah there haven't been any updates for quit some time. Even if we don't get any new music for a while I hope he at least posts some kind of update regarding himself and how he's doing, and maybe get a timeline at the very least.

Either way what we have right now is fantastic. Quite frankly I'm hoping we get to the end of the preliminary period sooner than later. I think there's an album's worth there.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #495 on: August 26, 2018, 09:32:25 AM »
Maybe he started school again.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #496 on: August 27, 2018, 05:30:15 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot he's still going to school. I'll support that all the way, that's awesome he's doing that.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #497 on: March 15, 2019, 02:21:04 PM »
John Petrucci on Kevin Moore...

Link: http://bravewords.com/news/dream-theater-guitarist-john-petrucci-on-former-keyboardist-kevin-moore-rumor-has-it-that-he-s-some-sort-of-doctor

Headline: DREAM THEATER GUITARIST JOHN PETRUCCI ON FORMER KEYBOARDIST KEVIN MOORE - "RUMOR HAS IT THAT HE'S SOME SORT OF DOCTOR"

Dream Theater guitarist John Petrucci recently guested on Two Doods Reviews to discuss the band's new album, Distance Over Time. During the interview he talks about former keyboardist Kevin Moore, who left the band prior to the official release of the Awake album in 1994.

Petrucci: "Rumor has it that he's some sort of doctor or something, that he got into holistic medicine. I have not talked to him in ages. We actually grew up together. We were best friends. And after he left the band, he just went his own way. Early on after he split, we kept in touch a bit, but I have not heard from him in a long time. The only reason I know this is because some of my high-school friends and stuff stay in touch and our parents, we literally grew up together, our parents were friends."

An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #498 on: March 15, 2019, 02:45:13 PM »
That's really sad. Kevin is such a mysterious person and I've always been disappointed that he didn't want to contribute to the Lifting Shadows book, but at the same time that mystique is part of the everlasting KevMo charm, especially with his music. It's just sad him and JP used to be so close and haven't been for the longest time.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #499 on: March 15, 2019, 03:32:58 PM »
The demos he has been releasing are outstanding. If you haven't heard them, please do. He is the only Patreon artist that I support and it's well worth it.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #500 on: March 19, 2019, 08:19:29 PM »
The demos he has been releasing are outstanding. If you haven't heard them, please do. He is the only Patreon artist that I support and it's well worth it.

Still waiting for a CD if there is one.....

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #501 on: April 11, 2019, 02:38:44 PM »
Hey, everyone.  I recently did a Q&A with Christian Ayala of Avandra, the Puerto Rico-based progressive metal band. Kevin Moore makes a guest appearance on their new new song "Derelict Minds," and their new album Descender comes out on April 26.  Enjoy!

Link: Interview with Christian Ayala (April 2019)

Christian Ayala 

Date: April 2019

Christian Ayala is the founder of Puerto Rico-based progressive metal band Avandra, which is releasing their second album, titled Descender, through Blood Music on April 26.  The album, which was written in the dark following Hurricane Maria in 2017, features three prominent guest musicians: Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI), Richard Henshall (Haken) and Daniel Schwartz (Astronoid).  The album was mixed by Schwartz.

Q: For those who aren't familiar with Avandra, how would you describe the band's music?

CA: I would define it as prog-mospheric.  By this I mean the band is certainly progressive metal in many ways, but while it seems to be the norm that prog metal now has a lot more to do with technique than with a sincere search for an emotional connection with the listener, Avandra is about trying to strike a balance between the technical and the atmospheric/emotional.  I always intend to take the listener through a journey, both musically and lyrically, for I never write lyrics just for the sake of it.  They always have to mean something, meaning, in a kind of tautological way, have a deeper meaning than what they might seem to have on the surface.

Q: What's the meaning behind the name Avandra?

CA: So, I went through a few before landing on Avandra, and dodged a couple of bullets, such as Project Geneva (name influenced by the album by Russian Circles, Geneva).  The name comes from a Dungeons & Dragons campaign that I was preparing with a friend.  We began to explore the fourth edition and it included a new deity, the goddess Avandra.  She was the goddess of travel, adventure, luck, and several other things.  I liked what it represented: travel, for all those trips that one has to do while on tour; adventure, because really having a band (and one more serious than a mere "hobby") is an adventure; luck, because you have to be lucky to be recognized in this industry, and also because "fortune favors the bold."  Apart from that, it is a name that can easily be pronounced in many languages!

Q: How and when did the band members meet?

CA: Once the first album, Tymora, was released on May 5, 2017, I began to receive many messages from people asking me when they were going to see us live.  What a lot of people didn't know was that Avandra was done as a half-conceited\vanity project.  I did it because I said to myself, "if I die someday soon, I want to have left some of my creativity in the world," so playing live was not something I had in mind.  But the pressure to do it was mounting, until I said, "well let's experiment."  I auditioned a few musicians and after about a month of it I had a full band.  The first show we did was in August of 2017, in the town of Caguas, and it was fantastic for us.  One of the things that I found most curious is that people had this look on their faces like "what's going on?"  Haha.  In a good way, of course.  The musical chemistry we had was such that I knew that with this line-up was it.  So, we got to recording the second album a few months after the official band had formed.

Q: Tell me about the upcoming album, Descender.  What should fans expect and how has the band's sound evolved since your first album, Tymora, was released in 2017?

CA: So one thing I always try to do is write what comes naturally to me.  My Holy Trinity of Dream Theater (especially the Kevin Moore era), Opeth and Porcupine Tree runs through my veins, so at the time of writing, those forces are automatically channeled.  What I was looking for was to have a certain "mood" that would connect all the songs, regardless of their dynamic variability.  By "mood" I do not mean a transitory affective state, but the definition that Martin Heidegger uses in his book Time and Being, where he defines it as "a way of being in the world."  All the songs are connected as if they lived in the same universe.  So it does not matter if the song is "A Decision Must Be Made" (much simpler in its structure and technique) or "The Narrowing of Meaning" (much longer with a somewhat crazy structure and technically much more advanced), the "mood" in both songs is one of thematic and emotional cohesion.

To say we have evolved musically since Tymora I think is 110% correct.  I feel this album is leaps and bounds beyond what Tymora was.  I wrote with new energy, and the album is more diverse and interesting, both musically and technically, than Tymora.  Of course, Tymora still holds a special place in my heart, and I still find it to be a great album, but Descender is a whole 'nother beast, thanks to what the other musicians brought to it (Tymora being a one-man project creation).

Q: Is it true that you wrote the new album alone in the dark after Hurricane Maria?

CA: I wrote (most of ) the lyrics and music during the time of total darkness after the reckoning of Hurricane Maria (Hurricane capitalized here for respect, haha), yes.  I was studying for my master's thesis, so I was reading a lot.  It was the only thing I did: read and write music.  Many of the lyrics of the album are then deeply influenced by the readings of the moment (especially the philosophy of language in Nietzschean thought).  Music to a certain extent too.  My mother has one of those power plants, which she would turn on for a few hours in the day and some at night.  I went to her house to charge my iPad, where I have BIAS FX, and I started to write music with my PRS guitars, with only the brightness of the iPad hitting me in the face.

Q: You released a lyric video a few weeks ago for the song, "Derelict Minds."  Have you been happy so far with the fan reaction?  It seems like people, myself included, are loving it.

CA: I am super excited that people have liked it so much!  Honestly, I was kinda worried.  I have trust in my creations but that doesn't mean that everyone will react in a positive way.  Even more, Blood Music, the label we are signed to, is known for more aggressive and extreme acts, so I honestly thought their fan base would absolutely hate it.  But so far it has been great.  There have been quite a few Cynic comparisons, but the funny thing is the first riff was written before Cynic's Traced in Air came out.  It was mainly influenced by Dream Theater in When Dream and Day Unite, especially songs like "Afterlife" and "A Fortune in Lies," and a small lick in "Innocence Faded" where John Petrucci does the two-hits-per-note technique (double picking) in one of the pre-chorus.

Q: Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI) made a guest appearance playing keyboards on "Derelict Minds."  How did you guys link up with him?

CA: So, I should make it clear that he only did the synth solo in the song.  That being said, I always, absolutely always, write with a "What Would Kevin Do?" mentality, so in an indirect way, Kevin is there, in spirit, haha.  We got linked up one day I sent him a message via Facebook.  I had sent him this really heartfelt message explaining his very important musical influence on me, and I asked him if he would do a keyboard solo for one of the songs.  He said yes and did a great one for "Derelict Minds."  I do plan on recording a full song with him for the third album, which is 5/8th of its way completed, song writing-wise.  Already talked to him about this, so it’s very, very probable it will happen.

Q: What did Kevin's performance add to the song and what was it like to work with him?

CA: I feel his solo adds a lot of depth and feel to the part where he plays it.  Makes it more interesting.  Kevin has a good ear (obviously) for where to phrase what and what sound to use when doing so, and he did not disappoint.  Working with him was quite easy.  We emailed each other a couple times.  He nailed it on the first try, so there wasn't too much back and forth between us in that respect.  All in all, everything flowed well.

Q: Are you a fan of Kevin's previous music and has it inspired you in any way?

CA: To say I'm a fan of Kevin's is an understatement, to be honest.  He has shaped my musical creativity in a way that few others have.  As mainly a guitar player, one would think Petrucci had the biggest influence on me out of all the members of Dream Theater, but it was actually Kevin who inspired me the most.  He is what made Dream Theater the mystical experience I had when I was a young kid and first hearing them at the age of 14, granted, the first album I ever listened to from them was Falling Into Infinity, but it wasn't until I heard Images and Words that I would never be the same again.  After I learned of his departure (he had already done so like five years before I had my first DT experience), I kept up with his work.  Even though I like OSI, Chroma Key was what continued the KM experience for me, especially Dead Air for Radios and You Go Now.  It was like hearing the ambiance and emotion I loved about Dream Theater, but stripped from its cumbersome technical approaches.

Q: Tell me about the other guest musicians, Richard Henshall of Haken and Daniel Schwartz of Astronoid.  What did they bring to their respective songs?

CA: Richard added an amazing solo to the end of one of the longest songs called "The Narrowing of Meaning."  Dan added digital percussion to a song called "Q.E.," which is the album closer.  Originally, I had thought of adding digital percussion to the song, but lacked the experience of doing so, and Dan just happened to ask me as we were finalizing the album's mix if I had thought about adding them to it.  I said yes, and like five hours of working on them, they were added to the final version of the song.  It makes the song more dynamic and just interesting to listen to.

Q: I also noticed that the talented Travis Smith did the album's artwork, which looks great!  What's the meaning behind the cover illustration?

CA: I did a Behind the Cover for Breathing the Core, where I laid this out in a way that I probably couldn't now, haha:

The concept of the cover was worked out between me and Travis Smith.  The label (Blood Music) had recommended Travis since he had been long time collaborator, though, as I understand it, we were the first band on the label that worked with him for an original art piece.  The main idea I had in mind stemmed from the running theme of the lyrics on the album, which is language and its poietic (creative and formative) power.  The album name, Descender, ties into the language aspect, for its about climbing into one's self and using dialectical introspection as a tool to get to "know thy self."  Hence, the void faced man with a spiraling path that leads to its interior world.  That interior world echoes and ripples into the outside world, hence the black matter that is pours out from him, creating new universes of thoughts and realities.  This also works in a feedback-loop kind of way, where the void swallows all of the external world’s influence, us being embedded and embodied organisms, and hence creating a universe within.  This idea runs throughout the six-panel digipack casing (and whatever other casing it will eventually come in).  Travis Smith went far and beyond anything we could have hoped for and comes HIGHLY recommended on my part.

Q: What can fans expect lyrically on this album from Avandra?

CA: Conceptually, the album follows the thread of poietic power of language.  Poietic comes from poiesis in Greek, meaning formative or creative.  In other words, although there are some songs that do not necessarily follow this thread, the album is based on the idea of how language can help us realize the infinite powers that exist within us, but that can also suppress and oppress them.  "The Narrowing of Meaning," for example, is the song that best explains this.  It is a deep and real analysis on a vague and obscure language used by politicians, for example, when they try to appease people using words that mean nothing by themselves as when, in my case, they say "I follow the values, Puerto Ricans, and you must follow them too."  This is code for just do what I tell you, because I'm not going to define the word value.  The same with church pastors, one's parents (in some cases), etc.  It is a war against those who want to say "my language is the right one because naturally it is so," but as Ludwig Wittgenstein said, the meaning of the words is in the language game, that is, in its context (social, cultural, economic, geographic, etc.), so that nothing "natural" has, and therefore the ability to transvalue the negative values created by those oppressive languages becomes infinite.

Q: Any plans to tour for the new album?

CA: We are planning a small 10-day tour in August, along the east coast of the US.  It'll be our first one as well!  Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay tuned (links at the end of the interview, so read on!)!

Q: What are some bands or musicians that have inspired you through the years and what are you listening to today?

CA: I have a whole myriad of different bands and artists that I have to thank for the different aspects of my writing, starting from the age of four when I became a huge Michael Jackson fan.  I would sit my family down on the couch and sing to them using a hair brush as a mic.  At the age of 8 I discovered The Beatles and they were the first band I ever became obsessed with.  To this day I listen to them almost on a daily basis.  At the age of 10 I started shifting into the more contemporary pop and rock (this was 1995, so, "contemporary").  I was really into pop acts like Savage Garden and Hanson (yes, Hanson, and yes, pop not rock, haha) and rock ones like The Wallflowers and Oasis.  At 12 I discovered The Foo Fighters, 311 and Green Day.  So, for a year that's all I would listen to, until the age of 13, where it was all about Metallica.  At the age of 14, though, I heard Dream Theater for the first time via a band that was playing at my brother's high school welcome party.  My whole life changed that day.  I became obsessed with finding out what song it was from Dream Theater they had played.  I started by buying Falling Into Infinity, and even though I didn't find the song, I loved that album and it was all I would listen to for months on end.  It all really changed when I heard Images and Words.  I had no idea the transformative power of music until I heard that album.  I remember saving up lunch money and eating scraps my friends would leave on their plates in order to afford every single Dream Theater album after that initial FII one.  I also think that has a lot to do with my emotional attachment to the band.  First time I would choose music over good food.  A sacrifice I will never regret.

Q: What's the progressive metal scene like in Puerto Rico?

CA: Thrash metal is king in the current scene.  Like in all scenes, some bands are doing it right, some are expanding on it in an innovative way, some are, well, not great.  There are bands that are starting to break out from this, though.  One of my favorite bands in the local scene, and I'd dare venture to say of all the stuff out there internationally, is called Moths.  They mix stoner/doom, which is starting to trend (or has been trending) for a while now in the metal scene of the U.S., with jazz and progressive music, and that's where they really leave most stoner/doom bands in the dust.

Q: How is Puerto Rico doing in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria?

CA: Maria was devastating both structurally, culturally and economically.  Structurally there are people that had to straight up leave Puerto Rico, because they literally didn't have a home anymore.  My maternal grandfather lives in the mountains of Humacao (a town down here) and a lot of the houses around his are super old.  A lot of them were made of very fragile material or just badly built.  Needless to say, a lot of the don't exist anymore.  Thousands of families have left for the mainland, leaving P.R.'s population in a state of reduction since its passing.  There's a lot less people out in the streets as well.  As an example, pre-hurricane, you couldn't go to Plaza Las Américas (biggest mall in the Caribbean) on a Friday or Saturday, 'cause it would be impossibly packed.  Now, you can walk around comfortably, which is good for the general public, but pretty bad for businesses, of course.  A lot of local businesses have had to close or move to the U.S. to resume operations. In other words, it's a wound that's still healing, but we'll get there.

Q: Where do you see the band 10 years from now?

CA: Hopefully recording, or at least working on, our seventh album, and with many tours under our belts.  Also, doing this full-time.  There's a lot of music still left to write without those pesky day jobs getting in the way!

Q: What websites can people visit to for more information on the band?

CA: Facebook: www.facebook.com/avandrapr; Instagram: @avandrapr

Thanks for having me!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 06:28:38 PM by Mebert78 »
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #502 on: April 13, 2019, 05:12:45 AM »
Great interview Mike! I encourage everyone to listen to the tune, it's really good. He hasn't said it was an influence but I definitely hear a little bit of modern alternative prog in there, in the vein of Caligula's Horse and Karnivool, especially in the vocals. It's a great marriage of 90's and modern prog, definitely not derivative, and not too djenty either. Just the kind I like.

Still waiting for a CD if there is one.....
You might wait a bit - he started the project in 2015 and still no CD. I think he's taking his time to align things and write enough music for a kickass album. Hearing these songs has been an absolute pleasure though - my favorite is Somewhere Better.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #503 on: October 01, 2019, 04:13:38 PM »
Bump

Kevin has been uploading some of his demos to Youtube. Check them out and hopefully you can subscribe to his Patreon page and get more songs.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCszvAiNfGmq8GRHHlZmbD0g/videos

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #504 on: October 02, 2019, 07:09:34 PM »
Bump

Kevin has been uploading some of his demos to Youtube. Check them out and hopefully you can subscribe to his Patreon page and get more songs.

Isn't a lot of that stuff on cassette and CD already?

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #505 on: October 03, 2019, 04:31:14 AM »
Bump

The demos from the late 90's have been around for a while; these are new songs, he's calling them demos because he is producing them himself. Have a listen, they are amazing!

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #506 on: October 05, 2019, 10:52:26 AM »
Bump

The demos from the late 90's have been around for a while; these are new songs, he's calling them demos because he is producing them himself. Have a listen, they are amazing!

They definitely sound great.  Not much of a stylistic difference which is fine. Haven't had any expectations since it's been so long since I've heard something new. You know right away that it's him.

I'm still hopeful for a CD at some point.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #507 on: October 18, 2019, 09:38:29 AM »
Just wanted to share this cool watercolor painting of Kevin Moore recently created by a fan named Arthur Hatton.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 02:51:01 PM by Mebert78 »

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #508 on: October 18, 2019, 02:54:15 PM »
He's very talented, that's a lovely painting.

Side note, I'm still spinning that Avandra album, not just for the KM solo spot.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #509 on: October 18, 2019, 02:57:12 PM »

Side note, I'm still spinning that Avandra album, not just for the KM solo spot.

Wait, what? Is KM playing on that one?

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #510 on: October 18, 2019, 03:29:09 PM »

Wait, what? Is KM playing on that one?
Just the track Derelict Minds.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #511 on: December 07, 2019, 10:46:36 AM »

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #512 on: December 07, 2019, 09:04:28 PM »

« Reply #513 on: December 10, 2019, 04:58:16 PM »
Kevin Moore's on this:

sounds nice

https://desperatemachines.bandcamp.com/album/complet

Thank you for sharing! Glad you enjoy it. We have more material with him that we'll release in 2020. We're really excited about the project and hope people like it.

Offline Nathan Explosion

« Reply #514 on: January 09, 2020, 11:11:58 AM »
In the song Give Up, from Graveyard Mountain Home, you hear radio chatter from "The People's Exchange", I found which radio station it was from (KDYN) and listen to it every once in a while just for the novelty of it.

The People's Exchange is on Monday-Saturday from 9-10 am eastern and 1-1:30 pm M-F eastern.

Here's a link to their live stream:
https://streamdb7web.securenetsystems.net/v5/index.cfm?stationCallSign=KDYN
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 11:20:29 AM by Nathan Explosion »

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #515 on: February 16, 2021, 05:37:08 PM »
Kevin just released a new Patreon instrumental demo.

It sounds, lovely, and is acoustic-piano. with some "Strings"
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #516 on: February 16, 2021, 09:14:26 PM »
Really loving the new song.  I was listening through the demos tonight and I feel like there's enough strong songs for a really great album.  I particularly like "When It All Falls Down," "Fader" "Rail Hail Snow," "Landslide" and "War Comes Homes."

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #517 on: February 16, 2021, 10:32:32 PM »
Really loving the new song.  I was listening through the demos tonight and I feel like there's enough strong songs for a really great album.  I particularly like "When It All Falls Down," "Fader" "Rail Hail Snow," "Landslide" and "War Comes Homes."

I'll include

After All Even You
Elephant Boy
Away
Somewhere Better
Mission
Strong
Bonewalk

That'd be a pretty good album right there

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #518 on: February 18, 2021, 02:36:25 PM »
I'd buy a new CD without question.

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #519 on: February 20, 2021, 01:02:37 PM »
I'd buy a new CD without question.

Same here. I'm not apart of any of his Patreon stuff, for but for those who are, is there an endgame? Is he planning on a release at some point? I know he's busy now with his 'legit' career, but I'd be hella down for another OSI or Chroma-Key release.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #520 on: February 20, 2021, 01:07:23 PM »
Not that I know of. I just know he releases Demos and teasers. And right now. It's not a bad offer with the amount of demos he has put out that you can download once you become a Patreon Member. Also, theirs tiers that get you instrumental versions, and one gets you the stems.

You can also stop contributing if you want to and then later on, continue contributing again and get access to the stuff you didn't get when you stopped the membership. I did that, as I forgot to update my card info for the site. It was fun seeing what I missed...

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #521 on: February 20, 2021, 05:15:14 PM »
Doubtful for a physical release which is why I caved and did the patreon stuff. Was kind of a sweet deal because he'd already released several songs by that point so for five bucks (the second tier) I basically got a CD's worth of songs. On months where he doesn't release anything, you aren't charged.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #522 on: August 28, 2021, 07:48:48 AM »
Just reflecting on Kevin's career and had an interesting observation. He released or had been a part of a great, or close to great, progressive metal album every two or three years from 1989 until 2012. That's an amazing achievement.

DT - WDADU 1989
DT - I&W 1992
DT - Awake 1994
FW - APSOG 1997
FW - Disconnected 2000
OSI - Office of Strategic Influence 2003
OSI - Free 2006
OSI - Blood 2008
OSI - Fire Make Thunder 2012

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.
« Reply #523 on: December 02, 2021, 08:35:41 AM »
Is Kevin still active with the Patreon stuff? I have a bit more disposable income than I did when it started... would love to get in on it if there's anything going on, but trying to look as a non-member leads me to believe no new material has been posted for almost a year now.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #524 on: December 02, 2021, 10:16:05 AM »
Is Kevin still active with the Patreon stuff? I have a bit more disposable income than I did when it started... would love to get in on it if there's anything going on, but trying to look as a non-member leads me to believe no new material has been posted for almost a year now.

He hasn't been active for a while now. But if you join, you will have access to ALL of the previous material.