Author Topic: Chroma Key  (Read 86631 times)

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
Re: Chroma Key
« Reply #385 on: September 12, 2015, 03:27:30 AM »
Sorry about bumping this thread once again with no news, but this tweet by JLB gave me a smile yesterday: https://twitter.com/jameslabrie/status/642066881323601920

EDIT: Oops, there was a thread about this in the DT side already...

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #386 on: September 12, 2015, 10:18:51 AM »
Aw...

and I think that's completely fine as I, and I'm sure some others, don't even venture into the DT side anymore.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #387 on: September 14, 2015, 11:42:05 AM »
Wow, didn't see that.  Very sweet of JLB!
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #388 on: September 14, 2015, 12:34:23 PM »
James guest vocals on the next OSI album. Calling it. 2018 hype!

While we're bumping without any news, do we know if he finished his university? iirc he was studying medicine now. That has me a bit excited for whatever his next musical project is, hopefully OSI. Imagining some super clean, medical-like sterile atmosphere of the music with some messed up lyrics and soundscapes.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #389 on: September 14, 2015, 08:15:59 PM »
Kevin Moore needs to cover this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-iRyZyia1w
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 08:20:14 PM by ytserush »

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #390 on: September 24, 2015, 08:13:36 AM »
Looks like chromakey.com no longer exists.  :/
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #391 on: September 24, 2015, 11:20:40 AM »
 :'( :'( :sadpanda:

RIP... I'll listen to all the CK albums today in memoriam.

RIP DTP.

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #392 on: September 24, 2015, 01:39:36 PM »
It redirects to his FB page... Maybe it's a temporary solution, because CMX did the same thing when their website was hacked. On the other hand, few artists seem to give a damn about their official sites anymore (just take a look at this ugly mess that is Amorphis' home page!) and focus on social media instead, so I'm not shocked if a guy like Kevin, who rarely puts out new music, has decided to drop his website completely.

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.
« Reply #393 on: September 27, 2015, 08:58:01 AM »
It redirects to his FB page... Maybe it's a temporary solution, because CMX did the same thing when their website was hacked. On the other hand, few artists seem to give a damn about their official sites anymore (just take a look at this ugly mess that is Amorphis' home page!) and focus on social media instead, so I'm not shocked if a guy like Kevin, who rarely puts out new music, has decided to drop his website completely.
^this. Have you seen JLB's shite? I mean site.
It pretty much has been dead since 2011...

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #394 on: September 27, 2015, 09:26:04 AM »
True enough. Band sites are hardly regulated even if they're huge and massively popular, let alone lesser acts or solo artists.

Even so, kinda sad just because. I don't hold much hope for another CK album even though I'd cream my pants ten times over if there was one. OSI, however, I think has a bit more hope. But honestly, even then... Eh.  :sadpanda: :millahhhh

RIP DTP.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #395 on: September 28, 2015, 09:21:10 AM »
Even so, kinda sad just because. I don't hold much hope for another CK album even though I'd cream my pants ten times over if there was one. OSI, however, I think has a bit more hope. But honestly, even then... Eh.  :sadpanda: :millahhhh

Funny you say that, because I just noticed that osiband.com no longer exists now either!  It forwards to the OSI Facebook page.

« Reply #396 on: September 28, 2015, 09:59:31 AM »

Funny you say that, because I just noticed that osiband.com no longer exists now either!  It forwards to the OSI Facebook page.
Shame - judging by their schedule in the past, there would have been an OSI album this year.

Online goo-goo

« Reply #397 on: September 28, 2015, 10:03:39 AM »

Shame - judging by their schedule in the past, there would have been an OSI album this year.

Apparently Jim is finishing the writing for Fates Warning. So while Jim is concentrated in FW, maybe KM is working on new material for CK, OSI, or KM Solo.

« Reply #398 on: September 28, 2015, 10:20:27 AM »

Apparently Jim is finishing the writing for Fates Warning. So while Jim is concentrated in FW, maybe KM is working on new material for CK, OSI, or KM Solo.
*crosses all the things that can be crossed

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #399 on: October 26, 2015, 02:36:26 PM »
Oh, baby!  Chroma Key news!  Kev raising funds for new music release: https://www.patreon.com/chromakey?ty=h

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #400 on: October 26, 2015, 02:37:19 PM »
Oh, baby!  Chroma Key news!  Kev raising funds for new music release: https://www.patreon.com/chromakey?ty=h

Why did he have to pick Patreon? That's where all the SJW weirdos raise their money.

Offline Shine

« Reply #401 on: October 26, 2015, 03:54:28 PM »
Uh who cares that he's using Patreon? You're losing sight of the big news.

NEW CHROMA KEY
lake of fire

Offline Shine

« Reply #402 on: October 26, 2015, 03:56:05 PM »
Also very cool: if you pledge $10 per song you get access to all the stems. And if Kevin gets a total of $2000 per song pledged, he'll get all the songs professionally mixed and released as a full album.
lake of fire

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #403 on: October 26, 2015, 04:57:05 PM »

I FEEL LIKE IT'S CHRIIIIIISTMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!! AAAAAAHHHH!!! Holyfuckholyfuckholyfuck.

That said...I...am trying...so god damn hard not to build this up as the best thing ever. There are very, very few songs by Kev, solo work or not, that I dislike, but even so...*Woosaa*... So fucking happy! Yet...cautious...and trying not to expect golden, glorious musical smile. Hoping. But trying not to expect such.

RIP DTP.

« Reply #404 on: October 26, 2015, 05:22:51 PM »
I didn't see this and posted a whole topic based on it. Whoops. Anyways, we really should try and get him to his goal. I'm so excited for this.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #405 on: October 26, 2015, 07:05:03 PM »
Awesome news. I guess I now have to go to the bank and renew my expired cards.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #406 on: October 26, 2015, 07:17:24 PM »

Why did he have to pick Patreon? That's where all the SJW weirdos raise their money.

what

Patreon is used by all sorts of people. Webcomic artists, musicians, filmmakers, etc.

Also, awesome news!

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #407 on: October 26, 2015, 08:52:27 PM »
The Shine funding project hit $3,000 within 24 hours, if I remember correctly.  I think the pledging amounts are smaller this time around, so it should take longer.  But I hope he hits the $2,000 mark.  A professional new CK studio album is a must!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 08:18:53 AM by Mebert78 »

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #408 on: October 27, 2015, 04:23:47 AM »
Dream Theater (former self)  :lol
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline jammindude

« Reply #409 on: October 27, 2015, 06:18:39 AM »
The Shine funding project hit $3,000 within 24 hours, if I remember correctly  I think the pledging amounts are smaller this time around, so it should take longer.  But I hope he hits the $2,000 mark.  A professional new CK studio album is a must!

Wouldn't a $2000 per song for an album pledge make that album about 18-20K before it became possible?  Or am I reading that wrong?
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #410 on: October 27, 2015, 07:28:38 AM »

what

Patreon is used by all sorts of people. Webcomic artists, musicians, filmmakers, etc.

Also, awesome news!

And SJWs.. lots of 'em.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #411 on: October 27, 2015, 07:36:22 AM »
They also drink water, eat food, use the internet and twitter, google, etc. Should we all stop using and doing those things?

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #412 on: October 27, 2015, 07:39:32 AM »
They also drink water, eat food, use the internet and twitter, google, etc. Should we all stop using and doing those things?

Yes  :rollin

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #413 on: October 27, 2015, 07:45:33 AM »

what

Also, awesome news!

And SJWs.. lots of 'em.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I've never seen anything resembling a "SJW" on Patreon.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #414 on: October 27, 2015, 08:13:40 AM »
Either way it's irrelevant considering KevMo is not using the site for that nor is he himself. I mean as far as I know, and quite frankly I couldn't give a shit even if he was. I'm here for the man's music and this specific cause *GASP*. Because some nut-jobs use the site, the entire site itself is now defunct? Logic prevails!

I would say I'm not sure what the point is, but I'm quite certain there isn't one and this is (Ironically enough, those comments sound a bit like some kind of warrior; I just don't know what for...Website Justice Warriors?)  :metal :police:

:facepalm: Hoowee...good stuff.

Aaanyway...how bout dem Chroma Keys!? *Puts 'When You Drive' on repeat* I'm actually really intrigued to know what kind of sound this collection of songs (hopefully album) will have. He's the kind of musician where I truly have no idea what he's going to put out. Which is awesome.

RIP DTP.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #415 on: October 27, 2015, 08:37:06 AM »
Woot, just pledged.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #416 on: October 27, 2015, 08:46:45 AM »
FINALLY! :caffeine:

I think I'll contribute 10 bucks - I'm not skilled enough to make remixes, but it'd be cool to have the individual tracks and perhaps record something on top of them for fun.

Offline FsF

« Reply #417 on: October 27, 2015, 09:19:22 AM »
Saw his tweet and pledged about 10 seconds later. Freaking great news!

Online goo-goo

« Reply #418 on: October 27, 2015, 10:04:36 AM »
Kind of undecided which pledge to get: the $3 or the $5.

Offline Shine

« Reply #419 on: October 27, 2015, 11:51:05 AM »
I pledged 5 bucks too.

Just a reminder to those who want to support Kevin: you're pledging *per song*. So if the $2000 goal is reached and a full album is produced, you're looking at probably 8-10 times your pledge amount. I'm expecting to give about $50 bucks.
lake of fire