Author Topic: Rammstein Discussion/Appreciation  (Read 48717 times)

Offline Ruba

Re: Rammstein Discussion/Appreciation
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2011, 11:19:59 AM »
So Mutter is even better?

Mutter is just one level above Reise Reise in my book. As amazing as Reise Reise is of course. If you haven't listened to Mutter yet then do yourself a favor and listen as soon as possible :)

OK.

I have liked the band since I saw Amerika video, which was in a heavy airplay in Finland when the single was released. It's so great, the band playing in the Moon, flipper at the guitar solo... just amazing!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2011, 07:02:16 PM »
So I just got my 2nd Rammstein album, Reise Reise and I must say that this thing is incredible.  :metal

Its got a fantastic flow and has a great balance of diversification.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2011, 12:10:19 AM »
Cannot wait for the show in Chicago.....the one this year was amazing, and I'm sure this one will either match it or be better.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2011, 01:18:42 AM »
So I just got my 2nd Rammstein album, Reise Reise and I must say that this thing is incredible.  :metal

True that! ^
A lot I wanna discuss with you guys. I think there are 4 equally important aspects what makes Rammstein brilliant:
1. The music.
2. The music videos.
3. The live performance.
4. The lyrics.
Unlike any other band I like; Rammstein puts so creativity in all these aspects, normally for most bands one or two of these aspects are created within the same process and are integral part of the full picture but with Rammstein each of these aspects takes on a life of it's own and is individually crafted.
Let's talk about number 2 for a second, what's everybody's top 3 Rammstien videos? If you haven't seen them all you're missing out btw, I can post the youtube links if anyone wants it.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Elaitch

« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2011, 06:00:32 PM »

True that! ^
A lot I wanna discuss with you guys. I think there are 4 equally important aspects what made Rammstein brilliant:
1. The music.
2. The music videos.
3. The live performance.
4. The lyrics.
Unlike any other band I like; Rammstein puts so creativity in all these aspects, normally for most bands one or two of these aspects are created within the same process and are integral part of the full picture but with Rammstein each of these aspects takes on a life of it's own and is individually crafted.
Let's talk about number 2 for a second, what's everybody's top 3 Rammstien videos? If you haven't seen them all you're missing out btw, I can post the youtube links if anyone wants it.

Fixed that for you :) I think the best videos are Ich Will, Mann Gegen Mann and Mein Teil. Like, back when they actually tried to make well-made videos and songs and not just make something explicit for the sake of explicitness *cough* Pussy *cough*.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2012, 08:30:54 PM »
I think the best videos are Ich Will, Mann Gegen Mann and Mein Teil. Like, back when they actually tried to make well-made videos and songs and not just make something explicit for the sake of explicitness *cough* Pussy *cough*.

It's not for the sake of explicitness although I understand why it might seem so. The album Liebe ist für alle da has an all over theme of perversion in love and sex, they even left some songs out of the main CD cause they didn't have the same theme and released them on an extra CD. The video for Pussy represented the whole album in it's clips. I can agree it was a bad choice of song cause the lyrics are awful as every other song Rammstien try to force English onto.
I would have shot a video for the title song itself, the lyrics are disturbing but would make a cool and funny video idea.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2012, 08:03:12 PM »
Just got my tickets for the Philly show.

This is going to be the concert of a lifetime  :metal :metal :metal

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 07:11:00 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2012, 04:47:33 PM »
I got Houston and San Antonio and waiting on Dallas :D

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2012, 04:03:34 AM »
Chicago sounding off along wiht FTBD71111

Offline deadtotheworld

« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2012, 04:43:18 PM »
Just got back from seeing Rammstein in Manchester... What a show! Im almost speechless.
I could try and explain how good it was but I just couldnt put it into words.
For those who have tickets to see this tour, you are in for a treat, probably the best show ive seen in 20 years!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2012, 05:15:31 PM »
Just got back from seeing Rammstein in Manchester... What a show! Im almost speechless.
I could try and explain how good it was but I just couldnt put it into words.
For those who have tickets to see this tour, you are in for a treat, probably the best show ive seen in 20 years!

That's awesome. I've got a little less then two months for my show. I can't wait.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2012, 03:41:23 PM »
There's pictures and reviews of almost every show at the Rammstein forums. I like these Oslo pictures so much.

Valhall Oslo 2012
No Manchester pics yet but I'll keep an eye out for you deadtotheworld
Phoenix87x Are you okay with set list discussions or have spoilerphobia?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2012, 05:20:14 PM »
There's pictures and reviews of almost every show at the Rammstein forums. I like these Oslo pictures so much.

Valhall Oslo 2012
No Manchester pics yet but I'll keep an eye out for you deadtotheworld
Phoenix87x Are you okay with set list discussions or have spoilerphobia?

No problem. Let the games begin.  :tup

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2012, 12:58:49 AM »
At Newcastle Metro Radio Arena, 29th February 2012.

:omg:

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2012, 04:14:16 AM »
U.S. Tour kicked off last night in Florida:

Setlist:

Sonne
Wollt Ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen
Keine Lust
Sehnsucht
Asche zu Asche
Feuer Frei
Mutter
Mein Teil
Du riechst so gut
Links 2-3-4
Du hast
Haifisch
Bück dich
Mann gegen Mann
Ohne dich
Mein Herz brennt
Amerika
Ich will
Engel
Pussy

I was hoping they'd play Mein Land instead of Bück dich or Sehnsucht.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2012, 04:49:38 AM »
Was there an opening band?

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2012, 04:54:11 AM »
According to the guy who reported the set list on the fan club for it was "Joe Letz (Combichrist / Black Lights Burn) with a DJ set (Rammstein remix)." Doesn't sound interesting.

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2012, 04:54:32 AM »
Bück dich

Everyone else is thinking it. I'll just say it.
Did they pull out the prosthetic whozuwuzzit?

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2012, 05:03:10 AM »
Nobody said anything about that yet :lol
You know what happened with Russia a few month ago https://rt.com/politics/petersburg-rammstein-bill-homosexuality-519/
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 05:45:23 AM by Progmetty »

Online Mladen

« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2012, 12:05:56 PM »
That's a pretty awesome set list. Too bad they went with Haifish, there are songs on their last album that are much better.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2012, 12:15:52 PM »
I freakin love Haifisch. I'd love to see other LIFAD songs but I love that they play Haifisch.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2012, 06:03:40 PM »
Mein Herz Brennt. Sonne. Haifisch. Amerika. Ohne Dich.

I rest my case, thank you.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2012, 06:08:51 PM »
A review on Florida show.

I’m really sorry but I hate to break it to everyone. Bück Dich is on the set list, HOWEVER, they changed it. There is no dildo. Till has a tiny strap on on his head instead and when Flake is supposed to bend over and Till starts humping him, Till leads an S&M girl on stage instead and she sits on him and starts to whip him with a riding crop. Absolutely no humping or dildos.

I'm not as broken about it as that guy is, it's the only Rammstein stage stunt that never amused me.

Mein Herz Brennt. Sonne. Haifisch. Amerika. Ohne Dich.

I rest my case, thank you.

You're set :)

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2012, 01:55:07 AM »
Rammstein....I got to tell you guys, at first I had a LOT of issues with this band.
You see, as a european, from the Netherlands, any German band/artist always had a little weird connotation with me. Historically, our countries didn't have the greatest historic past (and that's putting it mildly) so when I first watched a bit of one of their live performance, (this was late nineties, mind you, an not all that long after the events at Ramstein, the illfated airshow accident which gave this band it's name), I was, at least a bit miffed at seeing how they portrayed a burning man on stage. I think, at the time, I just found it all a bit in poor taste, I must say.
Also, the singing in (rather Teutonic, at that) the German language has always felt very...wrong, somehow, to me, again, on the other hand, I never had any problems with listening to Schlager-music (folksongs/popular music) for some strange reason. Udo Jurgens's 'Du' being one of my favorite songs for ever.

Then a (then) girlfriend of mine bought their first two albums and I started listening to their songs a bit more, trying to look further then the first impressions and trying to put aside my personal disstastes for the language and really, REALLY, listen.

I must say, I was rather impressed with their songs. It also became clear pretty quick that there was more than a bit of 'self-parodying' going on here. I still think a lot of people still don't catch that side of them, though. But come on, 'Du riechts so gut', 'Buck dich', 'Dus hast mich'? Listen to the lyrics and you can't do anything other than at least smirk. And the beats are so damn cathy, it's damn hard to sit still.
Then I watched a bit of 'Live at Berlin' and I was fucking blown away by their show and their live sound.
Also, their videoclips were pretty well done and almost always 'tongue-in-cheek'.
So, you'll understand, I had a lot to overcome before I started liking their music, but I've come around pretty damn quick over the lasst couple of years.

Now I just think they're a pretty good band with a great show, but I also think they haven't captured the level of those first two or three albums, maybe even got a little more 'commercial', if you can put a label like that on their music. (there's still always some country banning their album cover art or something). 

So yeah,  RAMSSTEIN!!!!  :metal

:biggrin:

From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2012, 04:00:49 AM »
Just 3 more days till the show. I can't wait.  :metal

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2012, 09:40:17 PM »
No words can describe the show I just saw. I was left speechless multiple times and the setlist was excellent.

Bravo Rammstein   :metal

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2012, 09:42:43 PM »
If this was the Philly show, a friend of mine was there.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2012, 04:54:56 AM »

It was the Philly show and I'm very curious to know your friend's opinion of the concert, because I am still speechless as of 7 hours later.

and I must say, I think the Keyboardist is the real star of the show. He takes all the abuse, but still comes out on top.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2012, 05:19:33 PM »
Phoenix87x Glad to hear you had a good time!

Rammstein....I got to tell you guys, at first I had a LOT of issues with this band.
You see, as a european, from the Netherlands, any German band/artist always had a little weird connotation with me. Historically, our countries didn't have the greatest historic past (and that's putting it mildly)

Unless you're over 70 years old; I'll chose to believe you're talking about soccer, to which I would agree :lol

Also, the singing in (rather Teutonic, at that) the German language has always felt very...wrong, somehow, to me, again, on the other hand, I never had any problems with listening to Schlager-music (folksongs/popular music) for some strange reason. Udo Jurgens's 'Du' being one of my favorite songs for ever.

I'm different there. I'm currently studying the German language and I find to be the most expressive language I've ever heard, it flows with power and confidence to me. And the way Till Lindemann sings and writes his poetry adds even more depth to the experience and fully utilizes the strength of German phonetics.
Yet modern German pop/pop rock music -80's onward- sound so awful to me, it's almost as repulsive as listening to any given Asian native sing pop tunes in English, that bad heh

Also, their videoclips were pretty well done and almost always 'tongue-in-cheek'.

Cannot disagree there, they put as much work into their music videos as they do the albums themselves, they deal with the videos as an independent and equally valid work of art, I love that.

It was the Philly show and I'm very curious to know your friend's opinion of the concert, because I am still speechless as of 7 hours later.

and I must say, I think the Keyboardist is the real star of the show. He takes all the abuse, but still comes out on top.

Speaking of abuse, I'm surprised at the number of people who don't know that the part where Schneider is dressed like a woman and leads the rest of the band on their hands and feet, is from the video for Mein Teil. Even a couple of newbies at the fan club forum didn't know  :o

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2012, 09:17:07 PM »
Fyi Cyclops, as a German I share the same reservations about them as you do, and I'm pretty sure a lot of other Germans do. Their vocals, the imagery, it's all awfully close to something Germans rather try to stay away from.
The live concert was still excellent though in terms of show, and in the end I just took it about the same as I would take a Kraftwerk concert.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2012, 11:31:01 PM »
Reminds me of this  ::)
Glad this whole thing didn't prevent you guys from enjoying Rammstein  :tup

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2012, 04:12:55 AM »
Fyi Cyclops, as a German I share the same reservations about them as you do, and I'm pretty sure a lot of other Germans do. Their vocals, the imagery, it's all awfully close to something Germans rather try to stay away from.
The live concert was still excellent though in terms of show, and in the end I just took it about the same as I would take a Kraftwerk concert.

rumborak

They don't get it nearly as bad as Bohse Onkelz apparently did. I love the song Onkelz 2000

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2012, 11:34:50 AM »
FYI, Progmetty, I´m not that old, but old enough to have spoken to people who did actually live through the second world war.
The soccer was just a part of it... ;D

From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2012, 07:24:05 PM »
Fair enough, as long as you admit the soccer part heh
Cool galleries:
First from Ft. Lauderdale 20.04.2012

https://markvphotos.com/?p=1490

And second from Tampa 21.04.2012

https://markvphotos.com/?p=1492

Fingers crossed for the M&G :)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2012, 10:50:43 PM »
That was quite possibly the best sounding cowbell I've ever heard at a concert. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson