Author Topic: Rammstein Discussion/Appreciation  (Read 48527 times)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Rammstein Discussion/Appreciation
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2012, 02:25:25 AM »
Completely forgot about Dallas! Barto did you get good seats?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2012, 08:48:21 AM »
Completely forgot about Dallas! Barto did you get good seats?
Yeah, great seats, and quite a bit below face value.  After fees, paid about $80 for two 3rd row lowers.  I'm not into their music enough to have paid full price, but it was certainly worth $40. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2012, 10:03:52 AM »
Cool :)
Pre party tonight, SA concert tomorrow, Houston the day after.
Going with the fans I met online 9 am to get front line, gonna be a tough day.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2012, 12:07:47 PM »
I can give you a heads up that there's no gap between the opening act (a DJ dude) and Rammstein coming out.  He's playing right up to the point where they come out to the satellite stage.  We missed the first minute or two of their entrance because of that.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2012, 03:25:22 PM »
I know I'll have to see this dirt bag's face unfortunately.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2012, 05:38:45 PM »
Don't know if he's a dirtbag or not.  What I will say is that Rammstein's set started promptly at 9, and I believe his ended with Engel, so you shouldn't have too much trouble getting to your seat 5 minutes before go-time.  And to be fair, I've never actually seen such a thing happen, so it'd probably be very much worth seeing the transition. 
E.F. Benson

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2012, 12:09:20 AM »
Oh Barto, you paint such a beautiful picture! I have no seats, I'm GA, I'm leaving home at 7 am to be in the front line, it's gonna be a nightmare of day but it's all worth it for Rammstein.
And I confirm; the DJ guy is a dirt bag, I can give you details as to why and how I know.
I just got back from the pre-party organized by fans in down town San Antonio, we enjoyed Rammstein music together and sang along, it was fun. They rented the whole bar just for this and they were showing videos and playing music.
And a little more than 2 years living in the U.S. I still get scared shitless when a weird looking high/drunk guy approach me on the street for a quarter. It thankfully doesn't show on my face but in my head I'm preparing to die heh, we didn't have those in Egypt so I didn't get any training.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2012, 09:39:23 AM »
A: panhandlers have enough trouble as it is.  The last thing any of them want is to have to fight anybody.  They're surprisingly docile, even if they don't seem that way at first.
B: you're a fucking giant.  Learn to look more imposing.  You'll never have any issue at all.

If you're at the very front, it'll be pretty hot for the first couple of songs.  Also, 30' jets of flaming propane are surprisingly explosive; it'll take a couple of blasts before you get used to it*.  Thankfully, by the third song or so they're blasting CO2 out of those jets and it'll cool things down nicely.  After that it was fairly pleasant in there. 

*When I was subjected to those things at close range a few years ago, I checked my hair and eyebrows every time they went off because I was convinced they were singed. 
E.F. Benson

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2012, 01:14:50 PM »
I fucking LOVE Rammstein, they were like the first band that I would actively hear (I mean like put the CDs in on my own, not radio and stuff), along with Die Ärzte, another german band, though you can't compare the two at all...

Anyway, back on topic, I love Rammstein, though I find some things that they do (the humping on stage during Bück Dich, the video to Pussy...) to be solely provacative for the sake of provocativeness, which is an aspect that I don't like. However, Rammstein's music that doesn't fall into that category is awesome, nearly all of it. Some of the lyrics are too flat (for example Amerika) but that's rare - all in all, they're great.

My favorite songs are all of Mutter (except for Rein Raus), Feuer und Wasser, Nebel, Alter Mann, Morgenstern and Donaukinder (which is on the LIFAD bonus CD) - those that don't know these track, check'em out. You're missing on something truly great.

Fun fact: the choir that my mother sings in does the choir backing vocals on Reise, Reise (especially Morgenstern) and LIFAD - she got a free copy for that.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2012, 02:06:22 PM »
BUCK
DICH
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2012, 12:33:43 AM »
7am to 7pm in line, front row barricade, lost voice, dead tired, met cool people, tomorrow same story Houston, more details after I get back hopefully.
Truly a blast.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2012, 09:52:10 AM »
Me jelly. Rammstein never come here, and when they come to Dresden (my home town) I'm at boarding school.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2012, 09:57:31 AM »
7am to 7pm in line, front row barricade, lost voice, dead tired, met cool people, tomorrow same story Houston, more details after I get back hopefully.
Truly a blast.
Those gas jets are fun, aren't they.  When you're close enough, and you should have been, it feels like they're blasting your face off.  I described it to a friend as like sticking your head out the window of a card driving 150mph on a 200° summer day.  Good times.
E.F. Benson

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2012, 09:15:05 PM »
Barto you're absolutely right! And at the front row -which I had at both shows- the flames were beautifully painful at some points, it would stop a moment after I start to feel the burn getting unbearable, well thought out.
Visually and in the context it was beautiful and stunning.

I met with the online fan club forum people and some others who showed up to stand in line around 8 or 9 am, the day was incredibly fun as they were also long time fans and very cool company.
One of them had made that flag which is basically the Rammstein RT logo where the lone star would be, nicely made (Click to enlarge)

Before the encore Paul Landers (guitarist) had made several eye contacts with us and we knew he saw the flag but when he ran down to sign it we were still too struck by how nice and cool that was, here it is after the show:

I can't think of highlights of the show cause the whole set was amazing, I will never forget a moment of it.
I sang every word and headbanged so hard I couldn't move my neck after words.
In Links 2, 3, 4 my friends remarked that could hear my singing as loud as the band, that was awesome hehe
I drove the next day 4 hours to Houston, no voice and entire body aching from the struggle of remaining at the front row through the show from the night before, it was so much harder in San Antonio cause a bunch of people right behind us were really trying to break through to the front and we had to spend most of the concert positively spending energy just to keep them from it.
In Houston I had my digital camera with me so I took a few snaps:

Bigger crowd in Houston, this was taken about 15 minutes after the door were opened, the entire venue was packed by the time Rammstein hit the stage. Front row again  :biggrin:

Energy drained; I probably wasn't as loud as I was on the San Antonio show and my neck couldn't move as rapidly but still, it was just as much fun!
I hate filming or taking pictures at a concert, my take is that someone else is doing it so I'll just check their uploads out on youtube. But this was the second concert in a row and I thought okay maybe I'll take a few shots since I know when exactly is the best time to kick back and do it. So I used my digital camera to take a full video of  Feuer Frei and Mein Teil and few stills during Engel.

One of the fan club guys took this nice shot of exhausted me still rocking out near the end hehe

At the Houston show there was a wall of big guys with their girlfriends behind us so they blocked most of the pushing and the pressure off me and I was more relaxed physically, I don't know if it was just luck but in both nights the people I paired with to hold front lines were as big as me and I loved hanging out with them.
During Keine Lust I was singing along and pointing at the people I met (most of them in the pictures) as I sang along Ich hätte Lust mit grossen Tieren, which means to be I like it with big animals :lol, a couple of people got it and laughed. I'm one myself and comfort among my own heh
All the people I met connected via facebook and shared all of the pics I posted here and more. I met people from here, Alaska, New York and Virginia, of various ages and races, the Alaskan guy is a native one, first time meeting one for me! Very nice and so damn friendly. He and his wife saw Rammstein 7 times on this U.S. tour, felt like a slacker when I heard that :lol
3 nights of unfiltered awesomeness, unforgettable.
There's so much more details so I might post more on the subject and about my close attempt to get into the after party and meet the band but this post is already verging on tldr.
Scorpion your views on Rammstein is very close to mine, I'll post a direct reply to your post soon and welcome to DTF  :metal

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2012, 06:28:10 AM »
Wow metty, that looks really cool. Did they do the stunt where one guy (was it the Flake or Oli? I always forget) takes out a rubber dinghy and travels across the crowd with it? That was always my favorite moment on the Völkerball DVD, along with Till cooking Flake during Mein Teil.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2012, 10:18:19 PM »
I love Rammstein, though I find some things that they do (the humping on stage during Bück Dich, the video to Pussy...) to be solely provacative for the sake of provocativeness, which is an aspect that I don't like. However, Rammstein's music that doesn't fall into that category is awesome, nearly all of it. Some of the lyrics are too flat (for example Amerika) but that's rare - all in all, they're great.

I agree, but for some reason a lot of people seem to be hung on these two or three incidents of blunt provocativeness and forgot about the amazing poetry and music in the rest of the discography.

My favorite songs are all of Mutter (except for Rein Raus), Feuer und Wasser, Nebel, Alter Mann, Morgenstern and Donaukinder (which is on the LIFAD bonus CD) - those that don't know these track, check'em out. You're missing on something truly great.

I love Mutter as well, it's my second favorite Rammstein album after Reise, Reise.
Morgenstern has always been a top 10 Rammstein song to me, every aspect of it is great and especially the lyrics which moves me every time.
Donaukinder is a good song, my favorite from that bonus CD.

Fun fact: the choir that my mother sings in does the choir backing vocals on Reise, Reise (especially Morgenstern) and LIFAD - she got a free copy for that.

That's so cool man! You might be able to spot her here, the first minute and half of that video (3rd part of Making of Reise Reise) is about the choir recording for the album and there are a few close ups on the choir members.
I wish the choir tracks were available, just Till singing with choir background and strings or keyboards. Would be so good.

Did they do the stunt where one guy (was it the Flake or Oli? I always forget) takes out a rubber dinghy and travels across the crowd with it? That was always my favorite moment on the Völkerball DVD, along with Till cooking Flake during Mein Teil.

The boat surfing gag used to be performed by Ollie with the rubber dinghy :lol , that used to be during the song Stripped on the Reise Tour. After that in the LIFAD and on tours; the boat surfing is performed by Flake during the song Haifisch. He passed over my head and I lifted the boat on the Houston show :)

On a side note I like all the interest the live performances has brought to them from a lot of people and although I share that great interest in live Rammstein; my main interest in Rammstein is the music itself, it's some of the most emotional, melodic, poetic and passionate music I ever heard.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2012, 01:45:29 AM »
On a side note I like all the interest the live performances has brought to them from a lot of people and although I share that great interest in live Rammstein; my main interest in Rammstein is the music itself, it's some of the most emotional, melodic, poetic and passionate music I ever heard.

Yeah, that's true, I love the music, but you have to admit that the live performances are a thing to behold as well. Of course, they would suck balls if Rammstein didn't have the music to back up a show like that, but they do, so everything's fine and dandy.

Concerning the emotional stuff: Rammstein certainly has many very emotional songs, though I think that they are getting overlooked sometimes, in favor of the songs that I already mentioned (the provocative ones). Nebel and Feuer und Wasser come to mind first, as well as Roter Sand, though that's way to cheesy.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2012, 02:19:29 PM »
Something I was curious about.  Sometime around the 4th song or so (I don't know too many of them by name) there was a point where Flake was responsible for a fairly loud and obnoxious noise over the PA.  Till went over, shook him a second and gave him a shove.  I assume this was shtick,  but you never know.  Did this happen each night, or did we see something unusual?  If so, what song?
E.F. Benson

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2012, 03:25:41 PM »
Something I was curious about.  Sometime around the 4th song or so (I don't know too many of them by name) there was a point where Flake was responsible for a fairly loud and obnoxious noise over the PA.  Till went over, shook him a second and gave him a shove.  I assume this was shtick,  but you never know.  Did this happen each night, or did we see something unusual?  If so, what song?

:lol Happened at the Chicago show too, but I can't remember what song it was. If you're certain it was around that point of the show it was either Sehnsucht or Asche Zu Asche.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2012, 04:42:34 PM »
I think you're talking about the Feuer Frei keyboard solo gag shown here in a 2005 concert where Till pushs and knocks over Flake to stop the solo hehe
But on the Made in Germany tour (the one we saw) Flake is on the higher level next to the drums and Till just yells at him to stop the solo from below. Here it is from San Antonio.
Here it is from Dallas, the guy who filmed that video had filmed most of the Dallas and San Antonio shows, he's one of the guys pictured with me above but I didn't find that out till recently cause he just took a picture with us and left. We connected through pictures last week on facebook and he might mail me a copy of his original files. I've done so with the San Antonio bootlegger as well (from the first video I posted), as he filmed the whole SA show in great quality.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2012, 04:52:13 PM »
Yup, that's it.  Didn't strike me as a keyboard solo as much as a loud screeching.   I didn't really notice sound, but my buddy found it very shrill and unpleasant.  Different thresholds for upper frequencies, I suppose.  Still, a funny gag. 
E.F. Benson

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2012, 05:50:01 PM »
:lol yeah, as "solo" as industrial music get.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2012, 08:13:22 AM »
Scorpion are you in Germany now?

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2012, 08:22:35 AM »
Yeah... why?

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2012, 08:35:57 AM »
This man, I'm trying to find someone to buy this magazine and send it to me if possible, of course I'll pay shipping.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #130 on: July 06, 2012, 08:41:42 AM »
I'll look into it, and let you know what I can do. I'll probably have to order it, 'cause I doubt that I can still find today's Süddeutsche Zeitung. I'll keep you updated, k?

Btw, do you think a Rammstein survivor would be a good idea? Or would it just be me, you and Barto? 'Cause that would get old quickly.  :P

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: July 06, 2012, 08:56:44 AM »
Thanks man, if you do find it make sure it's the one with the special edition about R+, cause it says it comes separate, I really hope it works cause I'm in one of the pictures in that report  ;D
About the survivor: Barto is just in it for the fire works I think so it will probably be just me, you, Phoenix87x and fadetoblackdude, the last two guys make rare appearances on DTF so you can't count on them being around for votes always. I do wish we can have a survivor and I think it will be so much fun.
Sad part is that people who're too lazy to give a fuck about looking up R+ lyrics and get lost in the beauty of the poetry that is R+ lyrics we'll probably have 10 times more fans around here to participate in that survivor.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2012, 09:09:15 AM »
Alright, I'll see what I can do. I'll have to email my dad, 'cause I don't have a way of getting stuff online yet, so it might take one or two days until I can tell you anything.

About the survivor: You know what? I'll just start a fucking survivor, and we'll see how it goes. If it doesn't work, then okay, but I want to at least try that thing.

On my way to P/S, creating a survivor thread. See ya there!

EDIT: Survivor's up, make sure that you vote, Metty.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 09:26:58 AM by Scorpion »

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2012, 10:03:47 AM »
I did vote, hope it gets more participation :)
No offense Scorpion if I may say; this survivor announcement in your signature is the most German survivor announcement I ever saw in a signature :lol It sounds like an order hehe

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2012, 03:37:34 PM »
Well, to be fair, I only copied what Elite did with his Haken survivor. What would you suggest?

"May I ask for a minute of your time, esteemed gentleman reading this, to express your opinion on the german band Rammstein in this survivor thread?"

Come to think of it, that doesn't sound too bad...

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2012, 04:28:44 PM »
Now that will just make you sound French heh
Just kiddin, you're good ;D

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2012, 03:39:22 PM »
On 25th May

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=366922356700051&id=165344350191187

And yesterday

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=407658929293060&id=165344350191187

Thanks to Rammstein Mexico

About  Glaumann Production
https://glaumannproduction.se/?page_id=1056

We're getting two Rammstein proshots kids, one from the LIFAD tour and another from MiG tour  :hefdaddy

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »
Fuck yes!!!  :metal :metal

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2012, 03:51:03 PM »
I'm so excited, 2 R+ BluRay and a DT BluRay.
Surprisingly there a whole lot less bitching and whining about the R+ shows from their fans on their forums than we do about DT here hehe

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2012, 12:05:47 PM »
Bump, because we really need someone to break the tie on the survivor. Come on!