Author Topic: Ray Gillen appreciation thread  (Read 1447 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Ray Gillen appreciation thread
« on: June 09, 2010, 11:02:53 AM »
The Fire Lasts Forever just came up on my iTunes and reminded me for the millionth time what a great singer Ray was.  The combination of him, Jake E. Lee, Greg Chaisson, and Jeff Martin was pure magic.

:'(
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Dr. SeaWolf

• DT.net Member
  • Living in the pupil of 1,000 eyes.
Re: Ray Gillen appreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 11:24:54 AM »
The only thing I've heard from him are the Eternal Idol bootleg recordings of him with Black Sabbath, but they're incredible.  As good a singer as Tony Martin is, that album would've been tons better with Ray on vocals.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 11:28:19 AM »
I would tell you that you MUST rush out and buy all three Badlands albums, but given that they are virtually impossible to find...  :( 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 11:32:17 AM »
I still have a few wobbly sounding cassettes somewhere down in my cellar.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 11:35:16 AM »
Luckily, I have all three albums on CD.  I just did a quick check on Amazon to see what people are selling copies for, and the prices are unbelievable.  I really need to make backups of those.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 11:38:52 AM »
I kills me to have some music that i have lost because of that medium.  You just can't buy everything again.  I have the same problem with music I have VCR'd over the years.  Great concerts, videos, interviews all gone.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 11:44:55 AM »
HUGE PROPS!!!

I met him and Jake E.

RIP Ray
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 12:44:09 PM »
Luckily, I have all three albums on CD.  I just did a quick check on Amazon to see what people are selling copies for, and the prices are unbelievable.  I really need to make backups of those.

...and start a vine :lol

(just kidding!)
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol