Author Topic: Help us promote the Relocator album! Looking for magazines, reviewers, radio DJs  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Kyo

• Myung at Heart
Hi there,

some of you may already have heard of my project called Relocator - those can skip right on to the next paragraph! For everyone else here's a short introduction: We're a bunch of guys from Germany (with a drummer from the Netherlands) who play instrumental prog/fusion and we have Derek Sherinian (ex-Dream Theater, Planet X) featured as a guest star, playing keys throughout the album. You can find a MySpace link in my signature - we have the full album streaming on our page! :)

Now that some web-related things have been straightened out, we would like to expand the promo work for the album considerably - for example, we have contacted only a handful print magazines so far. One problem here is the simple fact that we aren't familiar with most foreign magazines (only the German ones, really) - so here's where you come in! :)

* If you know a magazine in your country (online or print) that regularly reviews prog albums, let us know! We're really looking for magazines from all over the world. Web or postal addresses and such would be very helpful. :)

* If you're an author for a music magazine or review site yourself, even better! :D Get in touch with us!

* Same goes for those who have a (web) radio show that features prog. We want our music to be heard! :)

* And if you have other ideas how we could get the word out, speak up! :)

Our album is a 100% independent release and I'm pretty much on my own on the PR front, so any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks,
Michael / Relocator
"Freedom in the 21st Century means being incommunicado."

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
Well there is classic rock presents prog in the UK, I don't know if you've talked to them yet, but that gets pretty wide circulation (as in at high street magazines rack)

Offline Kyo

• Myung at Heart
Yeah, we sent them a promo that for some reason never arrived (and I only found out about this months later). Hope the second one does arrive! :)

Offline -dill

There is a quarterly mag in the US called Progression. Thats about all I can say I guess you'd have to contact them.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
I used to subscribe to Progression, good mag, but I find Classic Rock Presents Prog to be slightly better. I only wish that CRPP wasn't so focused on what is happening in England. (Which I know is because it is mainly distributed in England)

And I'll play a track this Monday for ya. :)
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
...Wait, I thought joining with the purpose of pimping your ban was against forum rules?
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
...Wait, I thought joining with the purpose of pimping your ban was against forum rules?

He's not, he's been a member for over two years.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Kyo

• Myung at Heart
There is a quarterly mag in the US called Progression. Thats about all I can say I guess you'd have to contact them.

We already have, they reviewed our album in their current issue: 14 out of 16 points!  ;D

But thanks! That's exactly the kind of magazine we're looking for. It just happens
to be one of the few print magazines that we already had on our radar. :)

And I'll play a track this Monday for ya. :)

Yay! Thanks! :D

He's not, he's been a member for over two years.

And a DT.net regular years before that, too...

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
Sorreh.... :sadpanda:
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline -dill

We already have, they reviewed our album in their current issue: 14 out of 16 points!  ;D

But thanks! That's exactly the kind of magazine we're looking for. It just happens
to be one of the few print magazines that we already had on our radar. :)

Alright cool. I get the magazine so I must have missed the review. Going to check it out now.  :D

Offline Kyo

• Myung at Heart
Sorreh.... :sadpanda:
Buy our CD and I'll forgive you!  :lol

But seriously, no big deal. :)