Author Topic: MP is in Rush documentary  (Read 4507 times)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
MP is in Rush documentary
« on: June 06, 2010, 09:46:18 PM »
Just FYI. Saw the premier today, great documentary. MP says a couple things here and there about them.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: MP is in Rush documentary
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 09:51:08 PM »
Just FYI. Saw the premier today, great documentary. MP says a couple things here and there about them.

rumborak

Rumbo, you were there too!!!  How did you like the movie?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 10:05:36 PM »
Great movie,  I totally loved it. What totally boggles my mind is how they got the footage of Lerx breaking the news to his parents that he'd quit school.  Why the hell would you have somebody run around with a Super-8 during a conversation like that?!

rumborak

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 10:16:12 PM »
Great movie,  I totally loved it. What totally boggles my mind is how they got the footage of Lerx breaking the news to his parents that he'd quit school.  Why the hell would you have somebody run around with a Super-8 during a conversation like that?!

rumborak

I know, That ran though my mind too.  I loved his teenage naďve about not wanting to finish high school.  I have a new appreciation for Billy Corgan.  i didn't know how articulate he was and how passionate he was about the art of a song.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 10:18:18 PM »
Also posted on the Rush Thread,

I got to meet and talk to Donna Halper. She gave us some great insight on how she hepled Rush and how a DJ could break a band(the old, word by mouth).  I personally asked her about Jann Wenner, who started Rolling Stone Mag and the Rock N Roll HOF and she said directly to me about him,  "He told me that Rush would be in the Rock N Roll HOF over his dead body.  You could only imagine what went through my mind.

Offline TL

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 10:25:57 PM »
I can't wait to see this. It's playing in Halifax, but the only showtimes are at 11:50pm. I'm obviously still going, but that's just strange, especially with the sheer number of theaters in the greater Halifax area.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 12:12:18 AM »
It's showing for one night only in a cinema in Aberdeen tonight.

I'm tempted to go but...I dunno. Don't know many people who like Rush :P

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 12:18:16 AM »
You need to go with someone?
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 12:23:36 AM »
It feels weird going to the cinema by yourself.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 12:31:19 AM »
You noob.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 01:58:40 AM »
I know. I just asked someone if he wanted to go see it but his sister is visiting him tonight :millahhhh

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 11:41:03 AM »
I also would like to point out that Sebastian Bach looks like shit these days.

And, that Billy Corgan is the man. Damn, that guy had a lot of good and interesting things to say.

rumborak

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 12:49:25 PM »
I have a new appreciation for Billy Corgan.  i didn't know how articulate he was and how passionate he was about the art of a song.
And, that Billy Corgan is the man. Damn, that guy had a lot of good and interesting things to say.
Do you guys not listen to Smashing Pumpkins?  Corgan's got some great stuff.  It's almost like people thought he was a pre-verbal caveman or something!   

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 02:06:39 PM »
I have a new appreciation for Billy Corgan.  i didn't know how articulate he was and how passionate he was about the art of a song.
Do you guys not listen to Smashing Pumpkins?  Corgan's got some great stuff.  It's almost like people thought he was a pre-verbal caveman or something!   

I have their cd's but when you here what Rush meant to him and how he articulated it, you'll understand.

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 02:14:06 PM »

I have their cd's but when you here what Rush meant to him and how he articulated it, you'll understand.
Ah... I shall look forward to that.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 02:23:40 PM »

I think that's the reason why he got so much screen time, because he really said things one recognized in themselves. When some of the others (including MP) said stuff, it was more like "eh, another musician who happens to be a Rush fan".

rumborak

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 02:28:03 PM »

I think that's the reason why he got so much screen time, because he really said things one recognized in themselves. When some of the others (including MP) said stuff, it was more like "eh, another musician who happens to be a Rush fan".

rumborak

As a director, Sam Dunn couldn't leave what Billy said out.  I thought exactly what he said a a kid and I 'd bet that's how many young men thought of Rush.  I agree about MP.  I connected with Billy.

Offline cthrubuoy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 08:04:19 AM »

rumborak

This is exactly what I was thinking. It wasn't even just a home video recording because there were camera cuts? I'm so confused, but I might hire a film crew to record my conversations in case one day I'm super-famous and want to make a documentary on myself.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »

rumborak

That's from a 1971 documentary (Run Wille Run?) which I think was finally released about 5 or 10 years ago. I don't have a copy yet, but it's supposed to be a more honest version of the kind of thing I guess is on MTV now before there was MTV.

They put a bunch of kds together at random in some house and recorded what happened.

I'm supposed to see the Rush doc in just over 24 hours now.  The DVD with the bonus footage is about three weeks away. It just keeps getting better.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 09:54:59 PM »
wow

such a good documentary. funny and awesome

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 06:33:39 AM »

rumborak
[/quote]
Interesting. Because when he spoke at the Pink Floyd's induction to the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame I really didn't feel any sympathy towards him. He really must have loved Rush, then.

Offline TL

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 11:38:12 PM »
Billy Corgan indeed spoke very well in the doc. I have a new found respect for him.

Also, at the screening I was at, a few people in the audience cheered every time MP showed up on screen.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2010, 01:20:25 AM »
Really looking forward to this, everything Sam Dunn does is pretty much awesome.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 01:21:59 AM »
i liked MP's quote,

"i can play yyz, but can you play la villa strangiato?"

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2010, 09:29:11 AM »
Thanks for the info, Rum. I have my Blu ray copy on pre-order. Can't wait for it to get here.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 02:43:12 PM »

rumborak

As a director, Sam Dunn couldn't leave what Billy said out.  I thought exactly what he said a a kid and I 'd bet that's how many young men thought of Rush.  I agree about MP.  I connected with Billy.

Not much of a Corgan fan myself, but he pretty much nailed it. He and Trent Reznor articulated what needed to be said. Both of them got it.