Author Topic: IT Crowd Thread  (Read 48564 times)

Offline dparrott

Re: IT Crowd Thread
« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2017, 04:41:17 PM »
Just found this show on Netflix.  It's awesome.  Almost like a British Big Bang Theory.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2017, 11:32:42 PM »
How insulting. Please don't compare The IT Crowd to that thing. :lol
It's been a while since I rewatched it, but I was thinking about it. The internet episode is a classic, and the disabled one is a favourite.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #247 on: September 18, 2017, 12:16:54 AM »
I seriously don't get the hate for BBT. I love that show.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #248 on: September 18, 2017, 03:29:08 AM »
Loved this.  Huge King geek, so this was what was needed after The Dark Tower letdown (and The Mist series).

Offline Kotwoboy

• Yeah Yeah Yeah
« Reply #249 on: September 18, 2017, 11:19:44 AM »
Loved this.  Huge King geek, so this was what was needed after The Dark Tower letdown (and The Mist series).

The I.T. Crowd Thread. Not Stephen King's IT.

:)

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #250 on: September 18, 2017, 01:10:27 PM »

The I.T. Crowd Thread. Not Stephen King's IT.

:)

Well I fucked that up!

I knew there was a Stephen King IT thread somewhere, just saw the 'IT' and typed.  Oh well guess I should go the King thread and say I'm a huge Ayoade geek!

Oh and good to see you back mate.

Offline Kotwoboy

• Yeah Yeah Yeah
« Reply #251 on: September 18, 2017, 02:46:33 PM »
Cheers ! I f---ing love The IT Crowd. It's one of the funniest shows ever. The Work Outing episode is absolute comedy gold.

I showed it to my brother and he was in absolute stitches.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #252 on: December 19, 2020, 09:49:24 AM »
I seriously don't get the hate for BBT. I love that show.

Because it's literally a laugh track over people talking ? People's main defence for it seems to be " it makes science jokes " when any time i've happened to see it -

it's just been bog standard sitcom dialogue. For actual jokes about science in a show that's actually funny - watch Futurama.

Anyway - I was just thinking about The IT Crowd and how the final episode didn't end satisfyingly at all.

Everyone thought Jen hated women so they made them pepper sprays - which all the women then sprayed in their own eyes ?

And then that plot thread just stopped dead ? No repercussions ?

Then Matt Berry needs to lay low so he says The IT team can "take care of upstairs" - ostensibly take over the company ? What ?

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #253 on: December 19, 2020, 10:22:12 AM »
Katherine Parkinson was delightfully awesome in the latest series of taskmaster.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #254 on: December 19, 2020, 10:25:45 AM »
I gave it a shot... I didn't like it.

It's not that I don't like it at all, it's more that it doesn't win me over... you know when they suggest you a band and there's some things you like and you're "yeah, this is good, I can't deny the good musicianship and I understand why people are fans of this, but it doesn't grab me"...? same with me with The IT Crowd.

I did have some legit laughs here and there, but all in all I just use it as filler when I have 20 minutes spare and there's nothing else to watch. From such a cult I expected way more but I guess we can't all like the same things in the same way.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #255 on: December 19, 2020, 10:32:45 AM »
It's one of those shows which exactly matches my sense of humour. NOT a traditional sitcom.

Too bad Graham Linehan isn't the nicest person IRL.

I mentioned on twitter that I have a faith and he said that teaching kids that there's a God is the same level of child abuse as paedophilia.  :facepalm:

It's like woah. And he hates LGBT people so much that twitter had to delete his account. Sigh.

Father Ted and The IT Crowd will always be gold though.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #256 on: December 19, 2020, 11:22:04 PM »
I absolutely love both IT Crowd and BBT.

One of the criticisms of BBT I’ve heard is that “just mentioning a cultural reference is not a joke”

I disagree with that statement completely. Timing is everything. I love MST3K too, and MUCH of their humor revolves around dropping a cultural reference at a humorously timed moment.

I will give you that it might end up *dated*...but dropping cultural references can absolutely be a very valid form of humor.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #257 on: December 20, 2020, 02:24:14 AM »
As much a I love the IT Crowd.  Spaced is still the best Geek Comedy.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #258 on: December 20, 2020, 04:28:58 AM »
As much a I love the IT Crowd.  Spaced is still the best Geek Comedy.

100% I rewatched it all again recently and was still dying laughing. A third series could have ruined it I think.

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace is another good one.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #259 on: January 09, 2021, 12:48:04 PM »
I eventually finished it all. Funny just enough to keep watching it as a "filler" show, when I have nothing else to watch and time is short, but never really conquering me. Especially the last couple of seasons were less IT-oriented and more general comedy.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!